• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 AOS Only

Just make sure to provide form I-134 from eligible USC or LPR at the interview.
I have a family member in Virginia who has a well established job. However, I live in Texas. Will that be fine ?
What are some of the questions IO has asked to F1 students regarding finances ?
Should I be concerned that they will question how I paid for my school and afforded living in the US ?
Or is it understood that I am an F1 student and have sponsorship from my parents ?

I have a family member in Virginia who has a well established job. However, I live in Texas. Will that be fine ?
Should I be concerned that they will question how I paid for my school and afforded living in the US ?
Or is it understood that I am an F1 student and have sponsorship from my parents ?
Provide the I-134 from your uncle, presuming he is USC or LPR and his financial information is line with specified requirements. Nobody will be concerned about how you paid for your studies, assuming that those financial sources are legal, the concern you have to overcome is that you may become a public charge.

I am trying to fill I-134 from my cousin who is a permanent resident and working here in the US . It seems he lost his last year's W-2 but he has his tax return document. Is it okay if I submitted his tax return document and definitely his identity proof (probably driving licence) along with the I-134 form? Are there any other documents from him I should include with I-134?

Thanks!

Yes your relative (assuming they meet all of the requirements) can provide the I-134.

The IO wouldn't be out of line in asking for how you've been paying for your school fees and where your financial support has been coming from if they have doubts or concerns you could have possibly violated your F1 status by undertaking unauthorized employment.

So I suggest you attend your interview prepared to truthfully answer such a question should it be raised. They will not assume anything. If sponsorship has been from your parents, be prepared to show that.

I am trying to fill I-134 from my cousin who is a permanent resident and working here in the US . It seems he lost his last year's W-2 but he has his tax return document. Is it okay if I submitted his tax return document and definitely his identity proof (probably driving licence) along with the I-134 form? Are there any other documents from him I should include with I-134?

Thanks!

As he tried downloading and printing a new copy from his company's HR website or whatever internal website they use - most people/company can do that.

The ID is supposed to be a copy of one's GC or passport. The driver's license does not provide any information regarding one's immigration status.

Hi Sm1smom
I have a question regarding previous addresses. What if I had 2 addresses at the same time in US. Should I put them both or only one. When I put both DS260 is not giving any error regarding address conflict.
Another question is I still did not submit my DS260 form. My number is EU20***. Do I still have time. Is it Ok?

Thanks

Hi Sm1smom
I have a question regarding previous addresses. What if I had 2 addresses at the same time in US. Should I put them both or only one. When I put both DS260 is not giving any error regarding address conflict.
Another question is I still did not submit my DS260 form. My number is EU20***. Do I still have time. Is it Ok?

Thanks

If the DS-260 form isn't showing an error sign, then it's okay.

Simon and I already answered you back in September regarding the DS-260 submission.

My D-i-L and son both are F1 students and their actual income comes from the monthly rent they receive from their home country. Are the bank statements enough to demonstrate this or the IO might request additional documentation.?

My D-i-L and son both are F1 students and their actual income comes from the monthly rent they receive from their home country. Are the bank statements enough to demonstrate this or the IO might request additional documentation.?

They need to find someone to fill out an I-134 for them.

Did you include form G1145 with your package? Yes, what they said about the one month wait is normal, and no, nothing else you can do for now except wait. Meanwhile you should go over copies of the forms you submitted to ensure every section that required a signature got signed. A missing signature, for instance could lead to the package being returned. And it usually takes a while for the package to get sent back.
Yes I did include G1145 for both my wife and myself. As I am checking the excel sheet, everybody who has sent their AOS package after me have got the text or email. That is why I am getting worried.

I received NOA letter today and I tried to register in the website for case check and I did. But I wanted to login next time it says your account has been locked due inactivity.
Does anyone know what wrong is with that?

I received NOA letter today and I tried to register in the website for case check and I did. But I wanted to login next time it says your account has been locked due inactivity.
Does anyone know what wrong is with that?
When did your AOS package delivered to Chicago Lockbox?

I submitted my DS260 since July and haven't heard fro KCC yet. Is this OK? Does anybody submit DS260 in July and still waiting for 2NL?

I got 2NL from KCC today in 14 days after submission. Also got DV fee payment receipt yesterday in 2 weeks. But in both, they write my address that I had used while registering for the DV lottery. I had updated my new address both in DS-260 and in the letter included with DV fee payment cheque. Actually, I had entered the address of my office during the lottery registration which is not used/mentioned anywhere else. Does that matter or I can keep on writing my updated address ahead in AOS packages?

Thanks!

I got 2NL from KCC today in 14 days after submission. Also got DV fee payment receipt yesterday in 2 weeks. But in both, they write my address that I had used while registering for the DV lottery. I had updated my new address both in DS-260 and in the letter included with DV fee payment cheque. Actually, I had entered the address of my office during the lottery registration which is not used/mentioned anywhere else. Does that matter or I can keep on writing my updated address ahead in AOS packages?

Thanks!
Same thing happened with me. I think they always use the address on the 1Nl even if you changed it on DS-260.

Thanks!
You should use your current address when filling out AOS related papers. All communication (including your green card at the end) will be sent to the address you will provide in those papers. It will also determine your Application Support Center (where you give your finger prints) and the USCIS Field Office where you will have your interview.