• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Administrative Processing Cases

Hello All,

im a DV-2016 winer from Morocco i passed the interview on March 24th all went good and the CO told me "your visa approved" and i will receive my passport within 10 days, but after 5 days i received a call from the US consulate and told me that i have to provide a new contact person address in US and the one i provided when i filled out DS-260 is not accepted ( i think the reason of refusing the address is that one week before my interview a friend provided the same address as we are both going to be hosted by the same person).

it's been now 50 days since a passed the interview and still haven't received my passort and whenever i contact them they tell me "your case is still under administrative processing and we will contact you once the process is over".

when i check my status on their web site it says "issued" since I passed the interview.

has someone gone throught this please (address matter) ?

The reason your AP started was the unwise decision to have two cases within a week share the same sponsor/address. However, once you were on AP your case crossed a month end (March to April). So - they "might" have reported back to KCC that your case was issued (as CEAC says), or more likely they reported back to KCC with your case on AP. In that latter case, the pre-allocated visa is handed back to KCC - and that introduces delays. They might also be doing some further checking due to the first sponsor arrangement you put forward.

In reality, no one will have an address matter like yours and no one can predict how long your AP will last.

The reason your AP started was the unwise decision to have two cases within a week share the same sponsor/address. However, once you were on AP your case crossed a month end (March to April). So - they "might" have reported back to KCC that your case was issued (as CEAC says), or more likely they reported back to KCC with your case on AP. In that latter case, the pre-allocated visa is handed back to KCC - and that introduces delays. They might also be doing some further checking due to the first sponsor arrangement you put forward.

In reality, no one will have an address matter like yours and no one can predict how long your AP will last.

thank you @Britsimon for your quick response.

actually I had no idea that we are going to provide the same address so i couldn't have avoided this issue anyways.

Based on your response, is my Visa no longer guaranted even thought i was told it was printed ?

thank you @Britsimon for your quick response.

actually I had no idea that we are going to provide the same address so i couldn't have avoided this issue anyways.

Based on your response, is my Visa no longer guaranted even thought i was told it was printed ?

A visa is not guaranteed until it's in your hands.

Dear friends
I did my interview in 2nd march they collect my passport and they put me under AP from that time.
my question is that my passport will expire on February 2017. Shal I call embassy for that or they can print visa on this passport till 30 September.
thanks a lot.

Dear friends
I did my interview in 2nd march they collect my passport and they put me under AP from that time.
my question is that my passport will expire on February 2017. Shal I call embassy for that or they can print visa on this passport till 30 September.
thanks a lot.
i believe u have enough time

am really really really sorry to let you guys know that I beat Gabam's record by staying 204 days under AP and still hoping to hear something good.....

am really really really sorry to let you guys know that I beat Gabam's record by staying 204 days under AP and still hoping to hear something good.....

Well there were other cases that stayed on AP for longer than Gabam. To beat his record you need to be on AP longer than him AND get issued. Fingers crossed for you!

I am also really - really sorry that you have to wait that long. However I keep my fingers crossed for you and hope you will get your answer soon. Myself is nothing compare to you because I only reached 20 weeks. I did send them an e-mail a week ago asking if I should send my passports back if they manage to get an answer before September..... or if I should consider this to be my loss (interview, medical, flight tickets expenses) and move on with my life and forget about the lottery. Usually they would return the e-mail same or next day. This time it has been 8 days and no response. I guess they chose to ignore my e-mail (they did check my file though because AP was updated same day I send my email)

I am also really - really sorry that you have to wait that long. However I keep my fingers crossed for you and hope you will get your answer soon. Myself is nothing compare to you because I only reached 20 weeks. I did send them an e-mail a week ago asking if I should send my passports back if they manage to get an answer before September..... or if I should consider this to be my loss (interview, medical, flight tickets expenses) and move on with my life and forget about the lottery. Usually they would return the e-mail same or next day. This time it has been 8 days and no response. I guess they chose to ignore my e-mail (they did check my file though because AP was updated same day I send my email)
Frankly, what concretely would you have expected them to respond back to you, in view of the closed yes/no approach you chose to pose the question to them by e-mail? Until they won't receive security clearance for your case, which is out of their hands, there is nothing that can be happening in terms if your immigrant visa. You still have more than 12 week left, though. Good luck!

@EURO2014 - Thank you your "Good Luck" wishes. Honestly I would like them to respond and say that for example they are taking background check or whatever they check seriously and that they have a backlog and therefore to make it fair they will extend September deadline because they respect all those who dedicated their time and money to this. I have a hard time believing that checking my background would take that long. Giving someone hope, taking someone's money and not responding is not fair in my opinion.

@EURO2014 - Thank you your "Good Luck" wishes. Honestly I would like them to respond and say that for example they are taking background check or whatever they check seriously and that they have a backlog and therefore to make it fair they will extend September deadline because they respect all those who dedicated their time and money to this. I have a hard time believing that checking my background would take that long. Giving someone hope, taking someone's money and not responding is not fair in my opinion.
You are welcome. Certainly, I do understand the toll the uncertainty is taking for folks on extended AP processing requirements. Nevertheless, this specific situation was addressed in some detail in DV-2016 instructions which everyone participating in the lottery are bound to:

"... If you are selected, in order to receive a DV to immigrate to the United States, you still must meet all eligibility requirements under U.S. law. These requirements may significantly increase the level of scrutiny required and time necessary for processing for natives of some countries listed in this notice including, but not limited to, countries identified as state sponsors of terrorism.

All processing of entries and issuance of DVs to selectees meeting eligibility requirements and their eligible family members must be completed by midnight on September 30, 2016. Under no circumstances can DVs be issued or adjustments approved after this date, nor can family members obtain DVs to follow-to-join the principal applicant in the United States after this date. ...".

Unfortunately, it describes the very situation you now find yourself in. Again, good luck, best to focus on the 12+ weeks left for AP to be resolved.

PS: You may want to review this graphic to understand why some folks in the US are (possibly unnecessarily) nervous: https://www.graphiq.com/wlp/jevvyAr...how-hundreds-us-plots-refugee-connection.html
and why AP Security Clearances will increasingly take longer...

Last edited:

They cannot by law extend the September deadline. There is however plenty of evidence from past years that they attempt to speed up AP as much as possible when the September deadline approaches.

Also, I believe they didn't respond simply because they cannot answer your question definitively.

Good luck, I hope you get cleared soon.

hi,

im still in AP status and i need to know from the previous cases that had been cleared what was the average duration for staying in this status?

hi,

im still in AP status and i need to know from the previous cases that had been cleared what was the average duration for staying in this status?

It depends on the type of AP (the reason for the AP). If the AP was for a name check and there is a middle East connection (travel, birth, name) then AP seems to be taking around 5 or 6 months (4 or 5 months last year). However, there are always cases that will take longer, some will take less, and some will not complete within the fiscal year, so the point becomes moot in those cases.