• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Administrative Processing Cases

Do you guys think it's good if I call DoS? 0012024857600 Is this the right number?
I would calling or not calling your going to get the same reply like from the embassy. since they are verifying your university papers i think u should wait. well calling would be good but the answer may be the same calling the embassy would be great.

yes got it 201 days, thanks mom and I am left with 13 days to be on AP for 201 days to. so frustrating!

Oh dear! Well, I do hope you wouldn't have to beat that record. But if you do, you just have to continue to be patient and hopefully, don't allow frustration to get the best of you. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

hope 200+ days will not become a norm or else may AP will run well into September deadline and I will lose all my hair that I have left from pulling it daily

I Thought anyone who goes on AP maybe coz they have to do verification of papers like academic or police letters and such their AP is shorter but not true, it seems it has some kind of standard time they take to review the application. probably they just put the files away for some 60 days before they are checked again. If an AP is about name crosschecking and some complicated stuff in washington i would not be that concerned, but an AP which is going to be processed at the local embassy to take like many months. am so so down myself even if its just 40 days.

I cant understated how is that possible to keep your passport for 4-6 months who knows maybe 1 year , this is to much for me .My friend went to interview in Dublin on 2 feb . and still nothing just that they need to wait. This is so wrong .

I cant understated how is that possible to keep your passport for 4-6 months who knows maybe 1 year , this is to much for me .My friend went to interview in Dublin on 2 feb . and still nothing just that they need to wait. This is so wrong .

A person can obviously get their passport back simply by asking, BUT will introduce a delay later, and that delay can be harmful at the end of the year.

A person can obviously get their passport back simply by asking, BUT will introduce a delay later, and that delay can be harmful at the end of the year.
True you can request to have you passports returned however it took me 3 times to ask to have then returned in MTL. First 2 times I was ignored.

Britsmon, sorry to bug you. 2016 DV deadline is in September. I already had my passports returned as I needed them for travel. If my case will continue to be on AP - do you suggest I ship passports back beginning of September in case I go lucky and they do award me the documents in time?

Britsmon, sorry to bug you. 2016 DV deadline is in September. I already had my passports returned as I needed them for travel. If my case will continue to be on AP - do you suggest I ship passports back beginning of September in case I go lucky and they do award me the documents in time?

I suggest you discuss that with the embassy nearer the time.

19 weeks - still nothing here
hey do u have any updates on on ur case. ive observed a friend was cleared of Ap this week. hes case was updated on 11th and on the 14th they issued his visa he was on AP for 38 days. though am still on AP my case nothing has been updated so if u see any update i believe something is good about it

Hello All,

im a DV-2016 winer from Morocco i passed the interview on March 24th all went good and the CO told me "your visa approved" and i will receive my passport within 10 days, but after 5 days i received a call from the US consulate and told me that i have to provide a new contact person address in US and the one i provided when i filled out DS-260 is not accepted ( i think the reason of refusing the address is that one week before my interview a friend provided the same address as we are both going to be hosted by the same person).

it's been now 50 days since a passed the interview and still haven't received my passort and whenever i contact them they tell me "your case is still under administrative processing and we will contact you once the process is over".

when i check my status on their web site it says "issued" since I passed the interview.

has someone gone throught this please (address matter) ?