• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Administrative Processing Cases

Hello,

I have been on AP and I went for my interview on June 6th. The fiscal year has ended but it still says AP when I check. What does this mean.
Unfortunately a noticeable number of DV-2016 folks on AP seem not to have been able to complete DV processing. From your posting, unfortunately are seem to be affected. Not that it will be any consolation, yet further increasing emphasis on AP security clearance processes will undoubtedly also make this an issue for DV folks, going forward.

Unfortunately a noticeable number of DV-2016 folks on AP seem not to have been able to complete DV processing. From your posting, unfortunately are seem to be affected. Not that it will be any consolation, yet further increasing emphasis on AP security clearance processes will undoubtedly also make this an issue for DV folks, going forward.

I think you are assuming that security checks have increased. We don't know that for sure, and there have always been cases that miss out at the end of the year.

Are the DV2016 threads going to be unpinned from the top and replaced with DV2017? DV2016 is over already, right?

This is good news, congratulations. Unfortunate that your wife wasn't finally able to complete the DV process with you as DV 2. Of course you will be able to sponsor her as LPR, however there will be some waiting time and cost involved in the process. Your lawyer will be happy. Nevertheless, the first important step is done. Congratulations again!
@EURO2014 - Not sure if you recall but in July I believe I almost gave up on this as I did realize that waver would not be done in time. You advised me to try a lawyer and I was lucky to find good and inexpensive one (US based) who knew how to poke the consulate to explain them that waver should not apply to me. So they reversed their decision last minute and told my lawyer that I can walk in with passport and new medical by the end of last week (Sept 30th) In the end lucky because getting medical done in 2 days is not easy but I owe you for pointing me into trying a lawyer. Was worth it. Thanks very much. Wife will not be an issue as she is Canadian so it is not like we will be separated.

@Britsimon @SusieQQQ @Sm1smom and others, thank you all for me being able to get advise from all of you.

Are the DV2016 threads going to be unpinned from the top and replaced with DV2017? DV2016 is over already, right?

DV2016 is barely over :rolleyes:. Anyway, the only 2017 Thread that needs to be pinned for now is the DV AOS 2017 Thread and it was already pinned from when it got created.

@EURO2014 - Not sure if you recall but in July I believe I almost gave up on this as I did realize that waver would not be done in time. You advised me to try a lawyer and I was lucky to find good and inexpensive one (US based) who knew how to poke the consulate to explain them that waver should not apply to me. So they reversed their decision last minute and told my lawyer that I can walk in with passport and new medical by the end of last week (Sept 30th) In the end lucky because getting medical done in 2 days is not easy but I owe you for pointing me into trying a lawyer. Was worth it. Thanks very much. Wife will not be an issue as she is Canadian so it is not like we will be separated.

@Britsimon @SusieQQQ @Sm1smom and others, thank you all for me being able to get advise from all of you.
Excellent @bblo. My advice was based on personal experience and recognition that immigration lawyers can make a meaningful difference in the right circumstances and can be well worth their money in those cases. Very glad it worked out for you!

Why would any DV 2016 case still be on AP almost a week after the deadline ? I thought the CEAC site was updated consistently

Why would any DV 2016 case still be on AP almost a week after the deadline ? I thought the CEAC site was updated consistently
Any such situation would strongly suggest that DV-2016 expired on 09/30/2016 before that specific case had been adjudicated, with resulting effect that no DV IV Visa or Green Card can be received from DV-2016. CEAC won't be updated after program expiration and case will continue to show AP - that's all there is to it. Sorry.

Last edited: