• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Administrative Processing Cases

Thank you Susie for your quick reply, and i can't wait to share ,my success story here than always complaining.
Alem, I really feel your pain here, I have been under AP for B-1/B-2 visa with my wife from April to August and it was only for vacation purpose and we were so stressed out, I was checking my email almost every single day, until I saw an update on my case and we had a quick interview and get our visas few days later.

Be patient and hopefully you will have the best answer possible :)
Peace

Hello, I'm back again!
Concerning my previous post concerning the lady who went for her interview without her high school cert but was told by the CO to present it for her visa but was refused entry by embassy security.

From the responses i got from moderators and others here, i was much convinced it was a refusal. Therefore, i have since been looking forward to a change in her ceac status. However since the 21st January till now her case is still at AP.

Initially i was thinking its the embassy that has not been updating but i know for a fact now that that isn't the case. This is because a guy who had his interview on 23rd February has had his status changed from READY to REFUSED.

What do u make out of this, moderators and friends? Should we still take it as a refusal or there could be something more to it?

Hello, I'm back again!
Concerning my previous post concerning the lady who went for her interview without her high school cert but was told by the CO to present it for her visa but was refused entry by embassy security.

From the responses i got from moderators and others here, i was much convinced it was a refusal. Therefore, i have since been looking forward to a change in her ceac status. However since the 21st January till now her case is still at AP.

Initially i was thinking its the embassy that has not been updating but i know for a fact now that that isn't the case. This is because a guy who had his interview on 23rd February has had his status changed from READY to REFUSED.

What do u make out of this, moderators and friends? Should we still take it as a refusal or there could be something more to it?

It doesn't mean anything other than that embassy are pretty lazy about updating CEAC.

Hello, I'm back again!

Like we said before she could try sending it in but would need to ensure she in included the correct return packaging etc or may not get her passport back, with or without visa. Did she call the embassy?

I still believe the form she got indicated outright refusal and that is why security wouldn't let her in, but it is up to her to decide if she wants to try pursue it. As Simon said, it could be as simple as one person at the embassy being lazy in updating CEAC.

Just a bit of clarification. So it could be that an embassy would update a case on on 23 February but still wouldn't update a case on the 21st of January?

Don't read anything into updates. A request for info can cause an update. Some are automatic, many are meaningless.

Handout I recieved image.jpeg Hello all ,
Winner 2016
AS4XXX from Baghdad , Iraq .
Interview 1 March ,
Co gave me three white papers for each members which is a handout saying congratulation including Alien registration No. and DOS Id and how to pay fees , two days after interview I paid the fees full of happiness , on third day They sent me email included questions that i had already answered in at Ds form and at apper in interview so i sent them back inquiry , dose I m approved or at AP , and when I expect to recieve my visa with passport and answered all these questions , then sent me back should inquiry only in special form provided at special site ( i just answered at same email they sent me ) so sent the answer again at that form , next day the hard day begin as they sent me ,,,
Dear applicant,
We’d like to inform you that your case is in additional administrative processing, which we must conclude before we can decide to issue your visa.

And we cannot estimate how long this processing stage will take. However, we will send you back your passports in case you want to leave country,
We’ll send your package via DHL ,

And they returned my passport back ,
10 days of AP like 10 years
Best luck of all

Handout I recieved View attachment 687 Hello all ,
Winner 2016
AS4XXX from Baghdad , Iraq .
Interview 1 March ,
Co gave me three white papers for each members which is a handout saying congratulation including Alien registration No. and DOS Id and how to pay fees , two days after interview I paid the fees full of happiness , on third day They sent me email included questions that i had already answered in at Ds form and at apper in interview so i sent them back inquiry , dose I m approved or at AP , and when I expect to recieve my visa with passport and answered all these questions , then sent me back should inquiry only in special form provided at special site ( i just answered at same email they sent me ) so sent the answer again at that form , next day the hard day begin as they sent me ,,,
Dear applicant,
We’d like to inform you that your case is in additional administrative processing, which we must conclude before we can decide to issue your visa.

And we cannot estimate how long this processing stage will take. However, we will send you back your passports in case you want to leave country,
We’ll send your package via DHL ,

And they returned my passport back ,
10 days of AP like 10 years
Best luck of all
Presumably the consulate requested an SAO - you may want to read here about the process: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Security_Advisory_Opinion#cite_note-8

May be TAL cuz i m radiologist ( diagnostic ) ?!!! Is SAO same as AP or is there some difference ?
"Security Advisory Opinion (SAO) or Washington Special Clearance, ...commonly called security clearance, administrative clearance, or administrative processing..." Administrative Processing = AP. Good luck for a speedy resolution, yet patience is a virtue and may be required now...

Hi Everyone

Out of interest, lets post the length of time we have in AP for.

For me: I had my interview on Dec 3 2015 (although I was only able to give all my documents on Dec 23 - so I am going to count from Dec 23).

Counting from Dec 23 to today, I have been in AP for 85 days

Looking forward to hearing others timeline.

Hi Everyone

Out of interest, lets post the length of time we have in AP for.

For me: I had my interview on Dec 3 2015 (although I was only able to give all my documents on Dec 23 - so I am going to count from Dec 23).

Counting from Dec 23 to today, I have been in AP for 85 days

Looking forward to hearing others timeline.

@bazsouthafrica: This will be interesting. However, please keep in mind that the term “administrative processing” is being used in various differing contexts: “administrative processing” is State Department-speak for a temporary visa refusal pending further investigation of a visa application. (9 FAM Appendix E, 404). The applicant typically learns of the temporary refusal when, at the conclusion of the interview, the consular officer issues a written notice stating that under section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act no visa can be issued until additional administrative processing has been completed , including yet not limited to cases

(1) that may involve a request by the consular officer for a Security Advisory Opinion (SAO) as to whether the applicant poses a risk to the United States.

(2) when the consular post has decided to perform an investigation to verify information or to check for fraud, on issues such as the legitimacy of a marriage, an applicant’s education or work experience, the authenticity of a marriage or birth certificate, etc;

(3) after the interview if the consular officer’s decision is chosen for review by a supervisor at the consulate; or

(4) after an applicant has withdrawn his or her visa application.

Hence, not all AP cases "are created equal" and may therefore differ significantly in duration. For example, you may want to have a glance at the tracker at http://www.immihelp.com/tracker/221g-tracker-page-1.html which includes many different 221(g) cases and timelines. It will be interesting to see where current DV related case durations stand in this sub-forum. Good luck!