• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Administrative Processing Cases

A ladyvwho contacted me today said she was given all her original documents including her passport because she didn't present her high cert. She said she heard the consular say if she was to bring her cert, he could give her the visa. However, whe went the following day to submit her cert, she was refused entry bcos the security said she had been refused. Her interview was on 17th February but yet, as at now, her case is on AP.

My answer to her was that, the fact that her passport and other docs were given to her was to tell her she had been refused. And although it has been 2 weeks since her interview, she shoudnt pay attention to the AP status as some embassy are often "lazy" about updating their site.

To de moderators, i hope my answer was ok or any different opinion?

A ladyvwho contacted me today said she was given all her original documents including her passport because she didn't present her high cert. She said she heard the consular say if she was to bring her cert, he could give her the visa. However, whe went the following day to submit her cert, she was refused entry bcos the security said she had been refused. Her interview was on 17th February but yet, as at now, her case is on AP.

My answer to her was that, the fact that her passport and other docs were given to her was to tell her she had been refused. And although it has been 2 weeks since her interview, she shoudnt pay attention to the AP status as some embassy are often "lazy" about updating their site.

It is difficult to be sure whether she understood the CO correctly or not. If I were her, I would try to submit the education document again, either in person of by mail (with case number and a note of what the CO had asked her to do.

It is difficult to be sure whether she understood the CO correctly or not. If I were her, I would try to submit the education document again, either in person of by mail (with case number and a note of what the CO had asked her to do.

If it was proper AP for a missing document, she should have been handed a sheet of paper stating AP or temporary refusal with an instruction to present the missing document. If she was refused outright the paper should have said refusal/denied. Did she say anything about what was on her piece of paper?

There's no harm in trying to resubmit of course - she definitely doesn't have a visa without doing that, and who knows maybe the embassy will reconsider ...she should ensure however that she has registered with the correct service (embassy dependent) to get her documents back.

If it was proper AP for a missing document, she should have been handed a sheet of paper stating AP or temporary refusal with an instruction to present the missing document. If she was refused outright the paper should have said refusal/denied. Did she say anything about what was on her piece of paper?

There's no harm in trying to resubmit of course - she definitely doesn't have a visa without doing that, and who knows maybe the embassy will reconsider ...she should ensure however that she has registered with the correct service (embassy dependent) to get her documents back.

Yes understood, but I thought of a couple of things.
1. Did she have the refusal document with her?
2. The guards at Accra are very used to turning people away due to the refusal rate there. Perhaps they just assumed this was another like that.

Yes understood, but I thought of a couple of things.
1. Did she have the refusal document with her?
2. The guards at Accra are very used to turning people away due to the refusal rate there. Perhaps they just assumed this was another like that.

The first part was aimed at sammyblankson ;)

Sammy, if you are in contact with her would be interesting if you can ask her...?

sample-221g-letter-blue.jpg

The exact format may differ by embassy but something like this, if she understood the CO correctly.

However - I do tend to think the fact that the passport was returned is an indication that it was probably an outright refusal.

Good evening friends we have now 99 days to AP, and so far there is no news:(
is that verification of its baccalauréat takes much time?

Good evening friends we have now 99 days to AP, and so far there is no news:(
is that verification of its baccalauréat takes much time?

It can, I can't remember all the details of your case - did you interview on a different country to where you got your diploma, or was it that they needed to ensure the diploma was genuine?

[QUOTE = "SusieQQQ, poste: 2427693, membre: 47"] Il peut, je ne peux pas me souvenir de tous les détails de votre cas - vous avez fait interview sur un pays différent à l'endroit où vous avez obtenu votre diplôme, ou est-ce qu'il fallait pour assurer le diplôme était authentique? [/ QUOTE]
susieQQQ merci pour votre réponse , je suis marocain et je suis passé l'entrevue au Maroc, le problème que j'ai une erreur dans la date de naissance sur le diplôme , il est n o jour et le mois,the day of the interview they asked me to bring the transcript and a certificate from the faculty after five days I brought all the certificates.

[QUOTE = "SusieQQQ, poste: 2427693, membre: 47"] Il peut, je ne peux pas me souvenir de tous les détails de votre cas - vous avez fait interview sur un pays différent à l'endroit où vous avez obtenu votre diplôme, ou est-ce qu'il fallait pour assurer le diplôme était authentique? [/ QUOTE]
susieQQQ merci pour votre réponse , je suis marocain et je suis passé l'entrevue au Maroc, le problème que j'ai une erreur dans la date de naissance sur le diplôme , il est n o jour et le mois,the day of the interview they asked me to bring the transcript and a certificate from the faculty after five days I brought all the certificates.

Post in English only please, this is an English speaking forum.

susieQQQ thank you for your reply, I am Moroccan and I passed the interview in Morocco, the problem I have an error in the date of birth on the diploma , the day of the interview they asked me to bring the transcript and a certificate from the faculty after five days I brought all the certificates.

Hi All

My interview was on 3 Dec 2015. I was in a weird position: I incorrectly stated I was married (the mistake was because the Canadians considered us common law at the time of entry) at the time of entering the edv. The interview went okay, with the CO telling us he needed to get permission, but in his experience, it is normally granted. That was 3 Dec. I was only able to get all documents to Montreal (where the consulate I was interviewed is based) on Dec 23rd (blame the South Africans - getting a police clearance from South Africa is no fun).

And... I have been in administrative processing ever since :(

Hi All

My interview was on 3 Dec 2015. I was in a weird position: I incorrectly stated I was married (the mistake was because the Canadians considered us common law at the time of entry) at the time of entering the edv. The interview went okay, with the CO telling us he needed to get permission, but in his experience, it is normally granted. That was 3 Dec. I was only able to get all documents to Montreal (where the consulate I was interviewed is based) on Dec 23rd (blame the South Africans - getting a police clearance from South Africa is no fun).

Hello freind be patient we are in the same boat,we have 105 days in AP

Hi All

Given that 2 1/2 month have passed it will be pertinent to confirm with IV department @ US Consulate in Montreal that your outstanding documents from South Africa you submitted on 12/23/2015 have been received in good order and added to your file. Ask them whether your file is now complete and ready to be adjudicated. Nothing wrong with a friendly request for an update, AP related to missing documents should normally not take quite that long to process. Good luck!

Thanks @EURO2014 , I already did what you suggested about two weeks ago. And I got en email confirmation that all needed documents are in the US consulate possession, and should they anything else, they will call me. In fact, I make contact with them every two weeks starting from about a month ago.

@Samir801 Thanks for the kind words. Yeah, I really hope we get out of AP soon. At my interview, the CO told us that for people in our situation, they normally get an answer back within a week! Wow, the CO seems to have really been way off on this one.

Hello,

I am new here - read most of the messages and will be patiently waiting.
Had an interview on Feb 4th. Was told by the officer that all is well and that next day should receive e-mail with further instructions. It has been 5 weeks now. Few times made the e-mail inquiry to the consulate. Always getting a standard polite emails about Administrative Processing. Status is updated on the day when I make inquiry which makes me believe that the consulate just checks with "higher-ups" in the states and updates the status.
Few days ago I asked if they had a rough idea on the decision because March break is coming and they are holding my passports. Here is the answer I got:

"We ask that applicants allow for 8 weeks of review time from the day of the interview. As soon as we have an update on the status of the case we will gladly inform you"