• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Administrative Processing Cases

Hello @EURO2014 ,
About the link of FBI searching i read they do also at USCIS site for asylum ... And including permenant green card , after Interview the CO give me numbers and how i will pay the fees , then i paid it shortly after interview , should I inform the embassy about my payment as they may match me ?? Now i m on AP since 1 March .

Hello @EURO2014 ,
About the link of FBI searching i read they do also at USCIS site for asylum ... And including permenant green card , after Interview the CO give me numbers and how i will pay the fees , then i paid it shortly after interview , should I inform the embassy about my payment as they may match me ?? Now i m on AP since 1 March .
Hello @Dr.Mor, I presume the focus of your question is on the DV process, right? The USCIS fee you paid online subsequent to your interview covers USCIS Green Card processing fees after you entered the US with your DV IV visa. Take the payment receipt with you when you travel to the US under the DV visa. No need to confirm the payment to the Consulate, they won't be interested. Good luck with your AP process!

Got interviewed on March 10 as i got my 2NL in Jan 26. Our visa got issued on next day for six months validity. It very simple but we are so nervous. Thanks for the help forum members. Just a question regarding payment of green card, what do the receipt looks like

@SusieQQQ The montreal consulate does not really want to answer anything over the phone. So I got nowhere. I have been in constant email contact, I just get a standard reply saying that I am in AP and I have to wait (but for how long, I don't know).

So I am putting this out to anyone with experience dealing with Montreal: Does anyone have additional advice or another phone number?

Thanks in advance

I was interviewed in Montreal on Feb 4th. The officer said that all was in order and that next day I will receive e-mail with further instruction for passport pickup etc. Since then my file went into AP. Emailed a couple of times and got standard response about AP procedure. After reading posts here I decided not to bother writing and decided to wait. Waiting almost 7 weeks now. Just before the march break I asked how long the procedure takes and that they are holding my passports so I will be missing on the March Break. Read my previous post to see the reply I got.Basically they said they reserve 8 weeks for A P. And they did not mention anything about my passports. So I did miss going away with the kids for March break as I wanted to be humble and did not ask again. Anyways with respect to 8 week wait - after reading all post here I simply do not believe it. I will be sure to post again next week when I hit 8 week mark and my file will still be in AP mode.

Here is an exact response from before the march break:
"We ask that applicants allow for 8 weeks of review time from the day of the interview. As soon as we have an update on the status of the case we will gladly inform you"

I was interviewed in Montreal on Feb 4th. The officer said that all was in order and that next day I will receive e-mail with further instruction for passport pickup etc. Since then my file went into AP. Emailed a couple of times and got standard response about AP procedure. After reading posts here I decided not to bother writing and decided to wait. Waiting almost 7 weeks now. Just before the march break I asked how long the procedure takes and that they are holding my passports so I will be missing on the March Break. Read my previous post to see the reply I got.Basically they said they reserve 8 weeks for A P. And they did not mention anything about my passports. So I did miss going away with the kids for March break as I wanted to be humble and did not ask again. Anyways with respect to 8 week wait - after reading all post here I simply do not believe it. I will be sure to post again next week when I hit 8 week mark and my file will still be in AP mode.

Yeah, forget the 8 weeks thing. It takes as long as it takes.

Hello friends I have good news at last our status changed to issued "Your visa has been printed. Depending on local procedures at the location where you were interviewed, your visa will be mailed or available for pickup soon. If there are further questions, or if we need updated contact information, you will be contacted"
Thank you for the support of wholes friends , and I hope that friends who are still under AP Their statutes will change Issued very soon inchalah. .....

Hello friends I have good news at last our status changed to issued "Your visa has been printed. Depending on local procedures at the location where you were interviewed, your visa will be mailed or available for pickup soon. If there are further questions, or if we need updated contact information, you will be contacted"
Thank you for the support of wholes friends , and I hope that friends who are still under AP Their statutes will change Issued very soon inchalah. .....

Congrats :)

Really happy for you and your family, congratulations (Mabrouk) from a brother from Algeria.

Well the waiting was not in vain. Congrats mate.

Hello @Dr.Mor, I presume the focus of your question is on the DV process, right? The USCIS fee you paid online subsequent to your interview covers USCIS Green Card processing fees after you entered the US with your DV IV visa. Take the payment receipt with you when you travel to the US under the DV visa. No need to confirm the payment to the Consulate, they won't be interested. Good luck with your AP process!
Hello i have one question,next week i ll be in AP for 4 months now i m speechless but do you think that it can take longer then Gabam s record holders 200 days,this processing time is realy hard to wait for a feedback it s easy to say be patient but in realyt is realy hard

Hello i have one question,next week i ll be in AP for 4 months now i m speechless but do you think that it can take longer then Gabam s record holders 200 days,this processing time is realy hard to wait for a feedback it s easy to say be patient but in realyt is realy hard

We don't know why you were put on AP. It is therefore impossible to predict how long it will last. Gabam's case wasn't completely unusual - I am certain other cases have taken longer - and some don't resolve before the end of the year.

NO ONE can give you any comfort, it is pointless trying to predict the time based on case updates, Gabam's case or any other case. The only thing that will matter will be seeing Issued.

We don't know why you were put on AP. It is therefore impossible to predict how long it will last. Gabam's case wasn't completely unusual - I am certain other cases have taken longer - and some don't resolve before the end of the year.

NO ONE can give you any comfort, it is pointless trying to predict the time based on case updates, Gabam's case or any other case. The only thing that will matter will be seeing Issued.
Thank you for you info Simon,even i don t know why i was put in AP funny thing is i m realy from a Small country 2 million population no funky stuff never had any problems with nobody never overstayed in US cause i did travel a lot and still i m in AP for so long,i don t wanna be annoying i m just lookin for somekind of comfort advice that s it yea i know i have to wait but even 4 months is a lot allready ooo yea what should i do except wait,i never e mail to an embasy or call yet i did have 7 updates and yes still waiting for issue status fingers crossed