• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Administrative Processing Cases

Thank you for you info Simon,even i don t know why i was put in AP funny thing is i m realy from a Small country 2 million population no funky stuff never had any problems with nobody never overstayed in US cause i did travel a lot and still i m in AP for so long,i don t wanna be annoying i m just lookin for somekind of comfort advice that s it yea i know i have to wait but even 4 months is a lot allready ooo yea what should i do except wait,i never e mail to an embasy or call yet i did have 7 updates and yes still waiting for issue status fingers crossed

It's not that anyone thinks you're annoying. We can all sympathize, BUT you are looking for comfort that no one can realistically give you.

I was interviewed in Montreal on Feb 4th. The officer said that all was in order and that next day I will receive e-mail with further instruction for passport pickup etc. Since then my file went into AP. Emailed a couple of times and got standard response about AP procedure. After reading posts here I decided not to bother writing and decided to wait. Waiting almost 7 weeks now. Just before the march break I asked how long the procedure takes and that they are holding my passports so I will be missing on the March Break. Read my previous post to see the reply I got.Basically they said they reserve 8 weeks for A P. And they did not mention anything about my passports. So I did miss going away with the kids for March break as I wanted to be humble and did not ask again. Anyways with respect to 8 week wait - after reading all post here I simply do not believe it. I will be sure to post again next week when I hit 8 week mark and my file will still be in AP mode.

@bblo They said the eight week thing to me as well. Right now, it's been 13 weeks since they received all my documentation, and almost 16 weeks since our interview! So if your case will be anything like mine, it may be a bit longer than 8 weeks.

@bblo They said the eight week thing to me as well. Right now, it's been 13 weeks since they received all my documentation, and almost 16 weeks since our interview! So if your case will be anything like mine, it may be a bit longer than 8 weeks.
bazsouthafrica
Hopefully your will be done soon. I got my papers in order on the first interview and frankly I am fed up with the fact that I was told my visa will be issued next day or else I would get further instructions. How can one plan anything if we are left hanging like that. Anyways it would be nice if more people from Montreal would give some input even though I believe that consulate has no say on the outcome.

This is good news tomorrow will change your status Issued , good spirit
Thank you very much for nice hope,i realy hope so it s strange cause i notice update date and status around 11:30 european time i realy doubt that anybody in us did something at 6:30 us time but let s hope for the best, i wouldn t be worried maybe tommorow they will suprise you with phone call best of luck

Thank you very much for nice hope,i realy hope so it s strange cause i notice update date and status around 11:30 european time i realy doubt that anybody in us did something at 6:30 us time but let s hope for the best, i wouldn t be worried maybe tommorow they will suprise you with phone call best of luck
Maybe, but most people often say that the status changes from 24h to 24h later tomorrow you pass to Issued

Hi Everybody,

Here is my first post here but I was under administrative Processing for a while and I was reading your threats here to release my stress of waiting. For that I wanna write about my case which could help somebody.

My interview was 1st of March. It was pretty good and the CO told me that your documents are fine and your Visa will be approved but we need your CV and this may take two weeks of AP. I think this AP because of my chemical engineering studies. Actually, I wanted my passport because I wanna travel and CO told this fine you can take the passport and when you come back in April, you send them to us to issue your Visa. I did take my passport with me but I asked Simon and he advised me to send the passport back to them since AP takes only two weeks as CO said otherwise you may have a problem to get visa in April. So, I did the following:

1.03: interview date
one day after: CV sent by email and passports by post
on the same day: Status update, AP for me, wife and son
two days after: received email from consulate asking me the travel history of the past 10 years because I have renewed my passport
on the next day: sent the travel history by email a scanned copy of my old passport and the status updated but still AP
one week after: status update at evening (done in USA) still AP
22.03: status update at evening (done in USA) still AP
23.03: status update at morning (done in the consulate) still AP but wife and son became ready (two weeks after they received all my required documents as CO said)
24.03: status update at morning (done in the consulate) still AP and wife and son still ready
24.03: status update at afternoon (done in the consulate) all visa are ISSUED :)

Now, I'm the passports and I hope I can get them soon so I can arrange my holiday!
I thank Simon and wish all the best for all

Hi Everybody,

Here is my first post here but I was under administrative Processing for a while and I was reading your threats here to release my stress of waiting. For that I wanna write about my case which could help somebody.

My interview was 1st of March. It was pretty good and the CO told me that your documents are fine and your Visa will be approved but we need your CV and this may take two weeks of AP. I think this AP because of my chemical engineering studies. Actually, I wanted my passport because I wanna travel and CO told this fine you can take the passport and when you come back in April, you send them to us to issue your Visa. I did take my passport with me but I asked Simon and he advised me to send the passport back to them since AP takes only two weeks as CO said otherwise you may have a problem to get visa in April. So, I did the following:

1.03: interview date
one day after: CV sent by email and passports by post
on the same day: Status update, AP for me, wife and son
two days after: received email from consulate asking me the travel history of the past 10 years because I have renewed my passport
on the next day: sent the travel history by email a scanned copy of my old passport and the status updated but still AP
one week after: status update at evening (done in USA) still AP
22.03: status update at evening (done in USA) still AP
23.03: status update at morning (done in the consulate) still AP but wife and son became ready (two weeks after they received all my required documents as CO said)
24.03: status update at morning (done in the consulate) still AP and wife and son still ready
24.03: status update at afternoon (done in the consulate) all visa are ISSUED :)

Now, I'm the passports and I hope I can get them soon so I can arrange my holiday!
I thank Simon and wish all the best for all
Dr_Goda
Where was your interview if I may ask ?

Is
it possible that status was changed by the embassy in my country,maybe just too look at the file(no email,no call from my side) cause status was changed around 11:30 eu time,that s 6:30 us time and i doubt that somebody in the states update thiswhat do you think?
Thank you for you answer
Possibly...[/QUOTE

Is
it possible that status was changed by the embassy in my country,maybe just too look at the file(no email,no call from my side) cause status was changed around 11:30 eu time,that s 6:30 us time and i doubt that somebody in the states update thiswhat do you think?
Thank you for you answer

I think that is a lot of guessing about a status update - and as I have said before (one or twice at least) - I think you can drive yourself nuts with overthinking status updates.

I think that is a lot of guessing about a status update - and as I have said before (one or twice at least) - I think you can drive yourself nuts with overthinking status updates.
I was just askin you,cause i know you have a lot of knowledge about this things,more or less my question was who control changes in CEAC website does it have to be somebody from DOS or anybody in any embassy in the world who decide just look at the file and the change automatic flip it s turn like a date change or status change as far as go for dates i get it can be change if somebody from embassy look in a file i just thought that status change has to be done direct from DOS,don t be mad at me Simon it s just i realy hard for me goin thru all this and dates and status changes and so on and no real answer from nowhere i wish you a pleasent weekend and happy Ester Sunday