• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Winners Meet Here

hello everybody,
my wife is selected for further processing AS17XXX , so the interview is expected to be in Sep 2015 , that is a year from now.
we are currently in Lebanon and we filled the ds260 applications .

Now I want to apply for student visa to US to study for a graudate program . will this conflict with our diversity case in anyway ?
if I got the student visa will we be able to adjust status ?

Thanks

hello everybody,
my wife is selected for further processing AS17XXX , so the interview is expected to be in Sep 2015 , that is a year from now.
we are currently in Lebanon and we filled the ds260 applications .

Now I want to apply for student visa to US to study for a graudate program . will this conflict with our diversity case in anyway ?
if I got the student visa will we be able to adjust status ?

Thanks

Yes this is a problem. If you are already there on a student visa then find out you win - that is fine. But you would be applying for a non-immigrant visa with the intention of ultimately immigrating adjusting status while you are in the US - and that is not permissible. Bear in mind you are not guaranteed a DV visa so this is not a "slam dunk" issue that they will ignore the usual requirements of a student visa, which include showing you have enough ties to go back home afterwards.

I'm really happy to be part of this noble family. A 2015 dv winner 2015AF00013*** who wants to participate in your chats to learn and prepare well for the D day thus the meeting the CO one on one. We can only prepare well here before getting to the embassy.

HI All

I have been select for DV 2015 , However when i registered to include all my family including my son which is a us citizen , When I was trying to fill the application forum DS-260 online for Him I couldn't apply her origin nationality (country / region of origin (nationality), as he born in US and there is no choice for that , what i should do ?

Your son won't be eligible for a visa because he is already a citizen.... I guess that's why you can't find the option

HI All

I have been select for DV 2015 , However when i registered to include all my family including my son which is a us citizen , When I was trying to fill the application forum DS-260 online for Him I couldn't apply her origin nationality (country / region of origin (nationality), as he born in US and there is no choice for that , what i should do ?

You're not supposed to fill out Ds260 for your USC son. USC do not require a visa to enter the US. The form is designed for those seeking to apply for immigrant visas, so it obviously wouldn't have the US listed as a selectable option.

All you can do is to list him on your own DS260 form where you'll list all your other children, but you don't fill out a separate form for him.

Thanks all for fast reply , one more question

what about the ds 260 which i still see on his name , how i can remove that to get the process complete . And go to next step , should i send email to some one ?

As the online system still show the name of my Son as one of required to complete DS 260

Regards

You're not supposed to fill out Ds260 for your USC son. USC do not require a visa to enter the US. The form is designed for those seeking to apply for immigrant visas, so it obviously wouldn't have the US listed as a selectable option.

All you can do is to list him on your own DS260 form where you'll list all your other children, but you don't fill out a separate form for him.
o.

Last edited:
hello everyone
i have been selected for DV 2015 with CN 2015AF00016800, so when my interview will be current ?
can i chose my interview to be at a USA Emb. any where or i should be scheduled in the country where i'm staying??
FYI. i'm staying in SAUDI ARABIA, i would like my interview to be in Morocco, Casablanca.

hello everyone
i have been selected for DV 2015 with CN 2015AF00016800, so when my interview will be current ?
can i chose my interview to be at a USA Emb. any where or i should be scheduled in the country where i'm staying??
FYI. i'm staying in SAUDI ARABIA, i would like my interview to be in Morocco, Casablanca.

December. *

You're supposed to schedule for the country you're resident in, but if you're a Moroccan that shouldn't be a problem.

* unless you're Egyptian or Ethiopian

Hi

I read also on other web site that assign vises start from Sep 2014 , is that right , so what the point to fill the DS 260 now

And also i tried to communicate with KCC , how long they might need to reply an email

December. *

You're supposed to schedule for the country you're resident in, but if you're a Moroccan that shouldn't be a problem.

i'm Sudanese, but all my family member (spouse and Children) are Moroccan, we spend our vacation there on that time. is there any Problem?

Are you now a dentist - if so, for how long?
Hi Britsimon,

Question:-

Please explain me how the hole in between CN? if the do a random raw the CN should be continuous, Are the randomly select then check the entry to validate and disqualify them if any problem?

I have a question in relation to any other/professional/alias names. I was born in one country, then moved and started working in another company and because my name was difficult to pronounce, I used a different professional name which is an international name. Do I have to list this name on my DS-260 ? This new name is not on any official documentation but it is on some of my work quality certificates that I could take to my interview. My employers know me better by that new name so do you think listing this name on DS-260 would be a good idea ? Extra questions at my visa interview or what ?

Hi Britsimon,

Please explain me how the hole in between CN? if the do a random raw the CN should be continuous, Are the randomly select then check the entry to validate and disqualify them if any problem?
Hi Britsimon,

December. *

hi Gustgulken , considering Nigerian ineligibility for 2015dv , is their any effect for Egypt and Ethiopia case number on the visa bulletin ?

i was selected DV 2015 case no. 2015 AF00027***, and m from Egypt, I'm kindly asking you to tell me is my no. has a good possibility to have a visa no. or not?

Your CN not high it is a good number, you may have interview call April -May 2015
thanks a lot for your quick replay, so it is not a bad CN however it is from Egypt?
I Have submitted the DS-260, so i don't need to do anything tell i get the interview date?

Thanks again for your help

thanks a lot for your quick replay, so it is not a bad CN however it is from Egypt?
I Have submitted the DS-260, so i don't need to do anything tell i get the interview date?

Thanks again for your help
Sorry I did not release that you are Egypt, but still it is good number, they may apply special cutoff for Egypt. If the apply special cutoff for Egypt you have have push to a month or two. So, you will have interview alleast June 2015 maximum.

If you already submit DS260, no need to do any thing until you get interview call then you can prepare your police report, Medical + education.