• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Winners Meet Here

i'm Sudanese, but all my family member (spouse and Children) are Moroccan, we spend our vacation there on that time. is there any Problem?

Like @guestgulkan already responded, KCC mostly schedule interview based on the selectees stated place of residence or chargeability country. Yes, you may request to be interviewed in Morocco and KCC may honor that request, but be aware of the possibility of being stuck in a limbo if you get placed on AP.

If you're put in AP and the embassy decides to keep your passport at the time if the interview, that means you will not be able to return to Saudi Arabia until the AP process completes. Of course you could always demand for your passport but then you will need to make arrangements from wherever you are to get the passport back to them and you will always wonder if maybe demanding for the passport in the first place was further contributing to a prolonged AP should that be the case with you.

Hi

I read also on other web site that assign vises start from Sep 2014 , is that right , so what the point to fill the DS 260 now

And also i tried to communicate with KCC , how long they might need to reply an email

No they do not begin assigning visas in September, the FY starts in October and that is when they will begin interviewing DV 2015 selectees. However visas get assigned starting from August which is when the August VB gets released, that bulletin will cover the months of September and October. So basically those interviewing in October will find out about their interview schedule in August.

Submitting the DS form early especially for those with lower CN ensures KCC complete processing their forms in time to get them scheduled for their interview when their CN becomes current.

I have a question in relation to any other/professional/alias names. I was born in one country, then moved and started working in another company and because my name was difficult to pronounce, I used a different professional name which is an international name. Do I have to list this name on my DS-260 ? This new name is not on any official documentation but it is on some of my work quality certificates that I could take to my interview. My employers know me better by that new name so do you think listing this name on DS-260 would be a good idea ? Extra questions at my visa interview or what ?

Yes you should list the name, background checks get conducted with all names and aliases submitted by the applicant.

If you decide to not provide the name and it is later discovered at the time of your interview or even years later, you could be accused of withholding needed material information, this could lead to your application being denied (they may assume you were trying to hide something) or the GC revoked (the charge of fraudulently obtaining the GC will apply if this information is discovered after the GC has been issued).

thanks a lot for your quick replay, so it is not a bad CN however it is from Egypt?
I Have submitted the DS-260, so i don't need to do anything tell i get the interview date?

Thanks again for your help

If you already submit DS260, no need to do any thing until you get interview call then you can prepare your police report, Medical + education.

Not a good idea to no do anything until the interview is scheduled.

Obtaining documents in/from some countries could take months to accomplish.

To the OP, you can being processing applicable certificates if you don't already have those. Find out expiration dates of PCC and procedure(s) for obtaining the certificate in countries you've lived in since turning 16 other than your current place of residence. Do you have a current passport? When does it expire? Take a look at the selectees instruction website to see the list of required documents and begin to ask yourself such questions.

Hi

I read also on other web site that assign vises start from Sep 2014 , is that right , so what the point to fill the DS 260 now

And also i tried to communicate with KCC , how long they might need to reply an email

To add to what mom already said, they will not assign you a visa number or interview until they have received and processed your forms, and interviews are scheduled about 2 months in advance. If you have a high number there is no rush for the forms, but you need to realise that you generally need 3-4 months between when you submit to your earliest interview date. So don't leave it too late either.

Hi Britsimon,

Question:-

Please explain me how the hole in between CN? if the do a random raw the CN should be continuous, Are the randomly select then check the entry to validate and disqualify them if any problem?

Yes the holes comefrom disqualifications for fraud and special countries which are limited to a set number of selectees (6000 in 2014,5000 in 2015).

Yes you should list the name, background checks get conducted with all names and aliases submitted by the applicant.

If you decide to not provide the name and it is later discovered at the time of your interview or even years later, you could be accused of withholding needed material information, this could lead to your application being denied (they may assume you were trying to hide something) or the GC revoked (the charge of fraudulently obtaining the GC will apply if this information is discovered after the GC has been issued).

Thanks for your answer. The thing is that my first employer came up with this alias name because he had difficulty pronouncing my real name and this name starts with the same letter as my original one . All my documents will have my original correct "difficult" name. All my police certificates from different countries , medical exam, passport have no mention of this alias name. But if the consulate had to contact my employers and gave them my alias name, my employers would know right away that they are talking about me while if I they used my original name, it would take them some extra time to realize that it is me. I was getting my payslips in my alias name and then asked them to correct it, which they did. They also used my alias name on my on the job training certificates but that is about it. The alias name stuck to me though.

1) Let's say my original name is Marodijus D. and I am known as Martin D. to my employers in my current country of residence , would it be important to mention Martin as my alias name ?
2) Does it mean I would be asked a question about this at my interview if I gave my alias name on the form ?
3) I expect they would not expect me to obtain all police certificates for Marodijus D. also ? If they suspected me of something, they would be able to contact additional backgrounds checks at their own expense ?

Thank you for clearing this.

Thanks for your answer. The thing is that my first employer came up with this alias name because he had difficulty pronouncing my real name and this name starts with the same letter as my original one . All my documents will have my original correct "difficult" name. All my police certificates from different countries , medical exam, passport have no mention of this alias name. But if the consulate had to contact my employers and gave them my alias name, my employers would know right away that they are talking about me while if I they used my original name, it would take them some extra time to realize that it is me. I was getting my payslips in my alias name and then asked them to correct it, which they did. They also used my alias name on my on the job training certificates but that is about it. The alias name stuck to me though.

1) Let's say my original name is Marodijus D. and I am known as Martin D. to my employers in my current country of residence , would it be important to mention Martin as my alias name ?
2) Does it mean I would be asked a question about this at my interview if I gave my alias name on the form ?
3) I expect they would not expect me to obtain all police certificates for Marodijus D. also ? If they suspected me of something, they would be able to contact additional backgrounds checks at their own expense ?

Thank you for clearing this.

Let's make this easy and simple:

If you've used other names, you should list them on your DS form. When they conduct background checks on you, they will do a search using all the names you've listed in order for them to be certain everything about you is clean.

When applying for your PCC, be sure to include those name(s) too.

They most likely will not ask any question about the name, what your employer calls you, what's on your pay slip etc except one of those names shows up fishy in which case they will have to conduct additional checks to confirm whether it is the same person or not.

The reason they ask for all names to be listed is to rule out the possibility of someone having used a different name to commit a crime that would otherwise disqualify them in which case the person may decide to not reveal the name - a very bad decision IMO if someone does that.

You're not supposed to fill out Ds260 for your USC son. USC do not require a visa to enter the US. The form is designed for those seeking to apply for immigrant visas, so it obviously wouldn't have the US listed as a selectable option.

All you can do is to list him on your own DS260 form where you'll list all your other children, but you don't fill out a separate form for him.

So What I should do now , I can see the Form online for my son , Should i ignore that or report to KCC so will be removed , Please Advise

So What I should do now , I can see the Form online for my son , Should i ignore that or report to KCC so will be removed , Please Advise

Have you been able to submit your own application and for the rest of the family, is the system allowing you to do that or it wants you to complete the forms for everyone before submission?

Anyway, wether the system lets you submit for the rest of the family or not, you should email KCC and let them know about this. Find out if the section for your USC son can be removed or if you should just leave it blank.

Have you been able to submit your own application and for the rest of the family, is the system allowing you to do that or it wants you to complete the forms for everyone before submission?

Anyway, wether the system lets you submit for the rest of the family or not, you should email KCC and let them know about this. Find out if the section for your USC son can be removed or if you should just leave it blank.

Thank you , i will do that

hi Gustgulken , considering Nigerian ineligibility for 2015dv , is their any effect for Egypt and Ethiopia case number on the visa bulletin ?

I'm far from being a CN expert but Nigeria's ineligibility is probably going to affect the cutoffs for AF.

Compare Asia before and after Bangladesh became ineligible. The CN cutoff numbers are lower now. This may not be a good example since Bangladesh were the fake submission kings, however Nigeria also has a very high selection disqualification rate.

Hello everyone, I hope everybody feeling chilled and relaxed, i'm DV 2015 winner and I have some questions I'll be more than happy if i'll get answers from Experienced people.
-My CN is around 28xxx so when they can schedule my interview ??
-I'm from Algeria and I've heard the embassy here required endless documents for DV winners like I-134 and tax form !!! how I can avoid that ?? FYI I've got a job offer from the Embassy on 2012 but I refused that Job offer, I hope that will not effect my visa application during my interview !
-if someone will be kind and send me the I-134 form, I'm pretty sure there is a minimum requirments poverty Guidlines for affidavit support for the sponsor ?!!

I would like to ask a question and i hope that someone explain this issue to me my questions is as follow:

I would like to understand the system for the DV, to make it clear my CN is AF00027*** is there same CN in Asia for example AS00027*** ?

If the answer is Yes, who will get the visa first, and is it must for both CN to get interview and visa as well or not? because I'm confused. because the visa no. is limited every year 50000 visa.

I would like to ask a question and i hope that someone explain this issue to me my questions is as follow:

I would like to understand the system for the DV, to make it clear my CN is AF00027*** is there same CN in Asia for example AS00027*** ?

If the answer is Yes, who will get the visa first, and is it must for both CN to get interview and visa as well or not? because I'm confused. because the visa no. is limited every year 50000 visa.

Each region starts with the number 1 and goes up. There is Oceania 0001 and Africa 0001 and South America 0001 etc ... the numbers keep going up to the region's high number.

You are focusing on the number and ignoring the letters. The CNs are totally unrelated.

Each region starts with the number 1 and goes up. There is Oceania 0001 and Africa 0001 and South America 0001 etc ... the numbers keep going up to the region's high number.

You are focusing on the number and ignoring the letters. The CNs are totally unrelated.
Thanks for your replay, I'm wondering if I'm selected in DV2015 my CN AF00027*** and Im from EGYPT, could someone tell me how much chance could i get the Visa?

Thank you for your reply but I asked if someone from the US will be kind and send me the I-134 form signed and dated !

Not quite sure I got your question correctly. You mean you're asking if someone from this forum who is based in the US can send you a signed and dated I-134?

Hi

I need help in the following question

If my son is US citzen what should i put in form 260 when i get the following question

Is this child immigrating to the U.S. with you?

Is this child immigrating to the U.S. at a later date to join you?