• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Winners Meet Here

Hello everybody , I am very confused about the case numbers , need your help please with the following :

1 - How cases are numbered in each fiscal year , are they ranked for the whole globe , or in each region ?
I mean in Asia from 1 to 125000 , Africa from 1 to 125000 ... , or all winners are ranked regardless the region ?
I mean all winners are numbered from 1 to 12500 ?

2- my wife got 2015AS180XX , do we have a good chance to get the visa ?

3- how to use this number in visa bullation ?

I am nervous , I read alot on the net , but didn;t understand very well .

Yes case numbers are given for each region, that means you will get AS01 and AF01 and EU01....
But than there is holes between the CNs.
And the CN is given to the pricipal applicant so the family member will share the same numer.
For your cahnce of getting an interview wait and see what happens in dv14 and you will have an idea about your chances!

Hello everybody , I am very confused about the case numbers , need your help please with the following :

1 - How cases are numbered in each fiscal year , are they ranked for the whole globe , or in each region ?
I mean in Asia from 1 to 125000 , Africa from 1 to 125000 ... , or all winners are ranked regardless the region ?
I mean all winners are numbered from 1 to 12500 ?

2- my wife got 2015AS180XX , do we have a good chance to get the visa ?

3- how to use this number in visa bullation ?

I am nervous , I read alot on the net , but didn;t understand very well .

By holes,vladek means that there are not all consecutive numbers. S there may be AS01, As02 but no 3, 4 or 5. So for example case numbers up to 21000 is less than 21000 cases, sometimes significantly so (some regions have more holes than others). However... Each case number contains the whole family so some are one person only and some are more. When they say 125000 selectees, moreover, that includes all derivatives as well as family members, that is everyone who can get one of the 50000 available visas.

It is all rather confusing at first...

thank you very much for the responses , it is more clear now , but why these holes in numbers ?
I viewed the visa bullations of last years and they seem they all start with about 1500 to 2000 in
oct and increase , right ?
how can I tell our interview date from the current visa bullation , is there a way to estimate ?

thank you very much pals

thank you very much for the responses , it is more clear now , but why these holes in numbers ?
I viewed the visa bullations of last years and they seem they all start with about 1500 to 2000 in
oct and increase , right ?
how can I tell our interview date from the current visa bullation , is there a way to estimate ?

thank you very much pals
The holes in between are created by disqualified entries.
The fiscal year starts from october to sebtember.
They cutoff are increased along the months, according the availability of the visas.

Holes come mainly from disqualified entries. KCC selected X number of entries and they all come numbered consecutively. Then they check these and a number of entries are disqualified because duplicates submitted, photo is of a dog not a human, etc. Then there are "secondary holes" which are valid case numbers that don't pursue their applications, because they never checked, or changed their minds, or in rare instances are high numbers for countries that have hit a country limit so cannot get a visa. And then obviously you have people who do proceed but get disqualified at interview.

Hi everybody!
I have a question. On the first demand, my spouse (she is selected for the DV-2015) was recorded under the name (in french) XXX EPOUSE WWW (that is XXX SPOUSE XXX) because it was written this way on her passport (family name, spouse, married name). So they recorded "EPOUSE" as a part of the name, with is wrong. How may I correct this? I tried on the DS-260 but it was rejected because name different of the first recording. Do we let it like this or do we have to correct on the official site before? The best would be to have family name and married name without the "spouse".
Thank you so much…
Another thing (for Vladek and the others honorable correspondents of this prestigious forum): I had a contact via Facebook with a guy who works for the US Embassy in Paris. He said that for 2014, because the selected were overloaded, they are rather late and will not get the "current" status in august or september like it was in 2013, year they were in advance. But it doesn't mean that the high numbers of DS-2014 have less chances to win. They only have to wait longer… In 2015 they will be certainly most in time, so the high Case numbers (like my soupse's: EU43XXX) would be on board before august or september, wich it wouldn't be the case in 2014.
Excuse my english, I'm trying to improve!

@Edouard

That's now hot news from an official not that we didn't expect it !
Regarding your name I would suggest to stick to the initial name you applied with, than at the interview you will rectify it.
But than wait for mom to provide more advices on your case...
Thanks for the info
Btw I still don't think your number will be current before august 2015 ...but sure! you have more chances in dv15 with your high cn than in dv14.

Hi everybody!
I have a question. On the first demand, my spouse (she is selected for the DV-2015) was recorded under the name (in french) XXX EPOUSE WWW (that is XXX SPOUSE XXX) because it was written this way on her passport (family name, spouse, married name). So they recorded "EPOUSE" as a part of the name, with is wrong. How may I correct this? I tried on the DS-260 but it was rejected because name different of the first recording. Do we let it like this or do we have to correct on the official site before? The best would be to have family name and married name without the "spouse".
Thank you so much…
Another thing (for Vladek and the others honorable correspondents of this prestigious forum): I had a contact via Facebook with a guy who works for the US Embassy in Paris. He said that for 2014, because the selected were overloaded, they are rather late and will not get the "current" status in august or september like it was in 2013, year they were in advance. But it doesn't mean that the high numbers of DS-2014 have less chances to win. They only have to wait longer… In 2015 they will be certainly most in time, so the high Case numbers (like my soupse's: EU43XXX) would be on board before august or september, wich it wouldn't be the case in 2014.
Excuse my english, I'm trying to improve!

Enter the name on your DS-260 form just as it appears on the selectee notification form. However when you go for the interview you need to make a mental note to point this out to the CO and request for them to drop the "ESPOUSE" since you do not want her GC to be issued with that.

Hi Everybody,
I have been selected for the DV-2015 and my CN is AS00017xxx. What is your advice? Is that supposed to be high or low?

Hi Everybody,
I have been selected for the DV-2015 and my CN is AS00017xxx. What is your advice? Is that supposed to be high or low?

It is at the high end. DV2014 progress over the 2 or 3 months will give you a good indication of what will happen in DV2015.

It is at the high end. DV2014 progress over the 2 or 3 months will give you a good indication of what will happen in DV2015.

when you mean high... does that mean I will only be called by the end of next year ( after July 2015)? and does that mean my chances are less.....

when you mean high... does that mean I will only be called by the end of next year ( after July 2015)? and does that mean my chances are less.....

Yes your case will be processed late in the year - and yes there is a chance that cisas run out before everyone is processed. As I said, the best indication for your case number will be DV2014 - because previous years were quite different to 2014 and 2015

May I ask something? What's the meaning of the cut off number? If the cut off number for DV in Europe in October is 7000 does that mean that anyone in Europe with a case number lower than that, will get an interview that month?

May I ask something? What's the meaning of the cut off number? If the cut off number for DV in Europe in October is 7000 does that mean that anyone in Europe with a case number lower than that, will get an interview that month?

Yes.

Hi Guys,

I am in the 2015 Oceania group and have a low case number in the 70s. I couldnt believe my luck when I read these forums and noticed that having a low case number is such a leg up when it comes to being chosen for an interview. Ive just submitted my application online. Am I right to think I will be notified of my interview 6 -8 weeks before October? Also is the higher school certificate from Australia all you need to qualify in regards to a year 12 edcuation?

Thanks

Hi all

DV2015 selectee here... I don't want to say "Winner" just yet.

Some back story: I've been applying since 2005 (bar 1 year when I simply forgot somehow) and have become accustomed to being unsuccessful. On a whim this morning I decided to check to confirm for another year that I wasn't one of the lucky ones and lo and behold, I have "been selected for further processing". My head has been spinning all day.

As my username suggests, I'm an Aussie in London UK so I'd be going through the process here. My CN is 2015OC000021XX. After doing research all day, it appears this is one that could be termed a "high one".... so my elation has subsided somewhat.

I'm a little confused though. I've read a few times about cases where total visa numbers weren't exhausted, and just about every year for Oceania region all numbers become "current" around August (or a month either side). Does this mean that everybody who has not yet gotten a visa, but submitted their forms, is contacted to arrange an interview? If anybody could shed some light that'd be appreciated.

Basically, I need to get funds together if this all went through and I got a GC, which is going to mean changes (moving house, saving a lot and kissing goodbye to any kind of life!). Living in the US is a dream I've always held so I'm willing to do just about anything to attain it... but I don't know. With a high CN, what are my chances?
I want to point out that with your CN you probably will have your interview by August or September 2015 (that at the rate we are moving this year) At the end of the fy we will have more light on this subject. That's 15 months of nailbitting waiting. It won't be easy... it's an emotional roller coaster. So I wouldn't be selling stuff, but saving a lot will be a good idea even if you don't move to the States... to have a life, I don't see where you will be kissing goodbye to any kind of life. Don't lose hope, I think you can get it, so use this long time to prepare yourself without taking decisions based only on "moving".
Good Luck