• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Winners Meet Here

hello everyone!!
1-when a region becomes "current", does that mean they start calling numbers on a first come first served basis? (people who sent their forms first), or do they keep following case numbers?
2-in that case does the country play a role?

hello everyone!!
1-when a region becomes "current", does that mean they start calling numbers on a first come first served basis? (people who sent their forms first), or do they keep following case numbers?
1-When current it means there is enough visas to cover the rest of the candidates.
2- no they still proceed them by numerical order CN.

thx!! i was hoping for a different answer:( i have a very high AS number

How high and what country? Nepal (and possibly Iran) will hit the limit - and that will allow faster progress in AS region - so we could see some big jumps in AS region...

hello everyone!!

'Current' means they believe they have enough visas to cover those yet to be scheduled for interview. I believe this does not take into consideration those doing AOS who became current earlier and are yet to complete the process or those already placed on AP and are yet to clear that process too hence the reason some with higher CNs end up not getting interviewed even when their region goes current.

Regarding how they schedule people once a region goes current, I believe there's a lot of factors at play such that no one here can tell you precisely in what order interviews are scheduled. I think the order in which the forms were received could possibly play a factor, we've seen cases of people with higher CNs getting earlier interview dates than people with lower CNs within the same month (with both numbers falling within the range of CNs that are current within the same month).

Also the work load of the applicable embassy could play a part. Someone with a higher CN processing at an embassy with lower case loads could possibly get an earlier interview date than his/her counter part from the same country or region with a lower CN who is processing at an embassy with higher case/work loads.

19xxx ..the highest I've seen so far.. by the way, where are the 20xxx? :)) i hope they hit the limit ..like.. by november :)))

i've read something online that i still don't quite understand:

"Another reason to hurry is that the U.S. government selects twice as many winners as there are green cards available. It assumes some of these will either not qualify or will decide not to immigrate after all. If all the winners do, in fact, mail in applications, the green cards will be given on a first-come, first-served basis"

OK - the highest numbers we have seen are around 27xxx. At 19XXX you will have a nervouse wait for the next couple of months - there is nothing you can do but keep your fingers crossed.

'Current' means they believe they have enough visas to cover those yet to be scheduled for interview. I believe this does not take into consideration those doing AOS who became current earlier and are yet to complete the process or those already placed on AP and are yet to clear that process too hence the reason some with higher CNs end up not getting interviewed even when their region goes current.

Regarding how they schedule people once a region goes current, I believe there's a lot of factors at play such that no one here can tell you precisely in what order interviews are scheduled. I think the order in which the forms were received could possibly play a factor, we've seen cases of people with higher CNs getting earlier interview dates than people with lower CNs within the same month (with both numbers falling within the range of CNs that are current within the same month).

Also the work load of the applicable embassy could play a part. Someone with a higher CN processing at an embassy with lower case loads could possibly get an earlier interview date than his/her counter part from the same country or region with a lower CN who is processing at an embassy with higher case/work loads.

thank you for your response!

"Another reason to hurry is that the U.S. government selects twice as many winners as there are green cards available. It assumes some of these will either not qualify or will decide not to immigrate after all. If all the winners do, in fact, mail in applications, the green cards will be given on a first-come, first-served basis"

The last sentence is incorrect, mostly. Interviews are held according to case numbers. The only instances where "first come" would trump it is if a lower case number only sent their forms back so late that they would get a very late interview slot or find the 50k already issued. On that note, apparently (I don't have an official link) they cannot issue more than 10% of available visas per month, so the earliest they can run out of visas is after 10 months of the fiscal year ie end July.

Hi guys,

my friend who won the 2015 DV couldn't login to https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx . what could be the reason?
I was surprised to know that from now on DV applicants are going to feel their DS forms online.

Help please.
What was the problem exactly - could he not access the webpage at all, or did it not recognize his case number? If the latter, ensure he is entering it correctly ie 2015AFxxxxx.

Last edited:
What was the problem exactly - could he not access the webpage at all, or did it not recognize his case number? If the latter, ensure he is entering it correctly ie 2015AFxxxxx.
It wont show for dv15 untill he is current.

Hi guys,

my friend who won the 2015 DV couldn't login to https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx . what could be the reason?
I was surprised to know that from now on DV applicants are going to feel their DS forms online.

Help please.
You are probably talking about the page where you check if you won !?
Make sure he didnt forget a letter of his serial number...
And sometime that page keeps on glitching ! Keep on trying.

It wont show for dv15 untill he is current.
No, this is the page to fill in the ds260. I tested it with my number. It recognised my number but told me because I wasn't dv2015 I had to fill in a DS230, so I assume it would allow 2015 numbers to go ahead to fill in the Ds260. I suspect he just entered his case number incorrectly.

Dear all,

The problem is not on accessing the web page i gave the link earlier. The first page asks only case number, which we inserted and directed to the second page. It is here on the 2nd page that we entered the case number, Date of birth and I AM...questions.....

This is the response from the site....

Welcome to the Consular Electronic Application Center – Immigrant/Diversity Visa portal. To access your case, please enter your case number below.

The case information you entered does not match our records. Please try again or contact the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) by email (kccdv@state.gov) or by phone (Public Inquiry Phone Number 606-526-7500 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. EDT Monday – Friday) for further assistance.

SO this is the situation.

It is not that page vladek, this is the link to the page https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx
Ok I understand now,
Than he must of missed a number on his CN.
Go back to status check wiining page and use his serial number. And I'm pretty sure he made a mistake there!
Than you can log into the DS260 application.
Also check if he didn't use a wrong birth date on the initial application, the infos has to match.
Let me know what happened, thanks man.

Dear all,

The problem is not on accessing the web page i gave the link earlier. The first page asks only case number, which we inserted and directed to the second page. It is here on the 2nd page that we entered the case number, Date of birth and I AM...questions.....

This is the response from the site....

Welcome to the Consular Electronic Application Center – Immigrant/Diversity Visa portal. To access your case, please enter your case number below.

The case information you entered does not match our records. Please try again or contact the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) by email (kccdv@state.gov) or by phone (Public Inquiry Phone Number 606-526-7500 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. EDT Monday – Friday) for further assistance.

SO this is the situation.

Ok, so it recognises his case number but something doesn't match the initial entry. Most likely option then: confusing the birthdate as US asks mm-dd-yyyy while most people are used to dd-mm-yyyy.

Dear vladek and other mates thank you a lot. You guys were right. My friend made a mistake while putting his DOB on the initial entry. On his passport it was May s and on the entry form it was May w. I tried from May 1, to May w and i got it.

Thank you all!