• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Winners Meet Here

I said Asia my not get the 8500 range because of visa issue problem+AP case+bulletin!
there is just 3 months to end for 2015 lottery and Asia just issue 4500 visa!

"..wait and see" how "..your goose is cooked". Means that there are a lot of uncertainties.
In my mind, the only thing certain is that either way, cooked or uncooked, the dish will be best served with lots of gray goose. (or its less pricey equivalents, if the VB is unfavorable)

1i05_img_1766.jpg

LOL! I feeling the technician in state.gov!

Awesome. The Paris embassy will be getting your details of course for the March interview, so they will now know about you!

Hi, some news about my case !

I went through the whole medical and interview process smoothly, everything went as planned for the most part.

So I'm preparing to leave in a few days to enter the US, and then... I remember the USCIS Immigrant fee that I have to pay. I create the account and begin to fill the form... and I read that the given name should display as read on the visa. I look at the printed visa on my passport and... wtf I'm just finding out that my additional given names are not printed until the end - let me sum up quickly : I have my usage given name and 3 more given names separated by commas on my passport, so on all the forms I wrote the whole bunch of given names to avoid problems - so there's no room enough on the visa to print them all (the third one is cut...). That's it, i'm freaking out...

So, new question for you... do you think that when I'll enter the US they'll bother me about this ? Are they kind enough to turn the page back on my initial passport to see the whole ? Knowing that in all web forms and printed letters I have exchanged with KCC, CEAC, Ambassy not one time something was missing. I'm sending an email to the embassy and will try to reach someone anyway.

It's not over till it's over :D

I had exactly the same issue. I have two middle names that are quite long. On the visa itself, my second middle name cuts off halfway through.

It was not an issue at point of entry. You're golden. Relax. Enjoy the next few days.

I had exactly the same issue. I have two middle names that are quite long. On the visa itself, my second middle name cuts off halfway through.

It was not an issue at point of entry. You're golden. Relax. Enjoy the next few days.

Great ! Thank your for the tip EmilyW ! :)

Hi, some news about my case !

I went through the whole medical and interview process smoothly, everything went as planned for the most part.

So I'm preparing to leave in a few days to enter the US, and then... I remember the USCIS Immigrant fee that I have to pay. I create the account and begin to fill the form... and I read that the given name should display as read on the visa. I look at the printed visa on my passport and... wtf I'm just finding out that my additional given names are not printed until the end - let me sum up quickly : I have my usage given name and 3 more given names separated by commas on my passport, so on all the forms I wrote the whole bunch of given names to avoid problems - so there's no room enough on the visa to print them all (the third one is cut...). That's it, i'm freaking out...

So, new question for you... do you think that when I'll enter the US they'll bother me about this ? Are they kind enough to turn the page back on my initial passport to see the whole ? Knowing that in all web forms and printed letters I have exchanged with KCC, CEAC, Ambassy not one time something was missing. I'm sending an email to the embassy and will try to reach someone anyway.

It's not over till it's over :D

Great news it's not a big issue.

Note to myself - even though the excitement of receiving stamped passports back is too much to bear, I need to at least double check everything before rushing out of the consulate.

Hi..

If you have a visa interview in Aug 2015 can you postpone/reschedule to say end Sept/Oct 2015

Regards
DM

Last edited:
Hi..

If you have a visa interview in Aug 2015 can you postpone/reschedule to say end Sept/Oct 2015

Regards
DM

You can try and defer to September but it's a risky manoeuvre. If you get put on AP, you can pretty much kiss the visa goodbye.

There are no visas issued after 30 September 2015 so, no, you can't defer to October.

Hi..

Regards
DM

You can kiss the visa good bye if you're scheduled for an August interview and you wish to reschedule to some later date.