• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Selectees from Ghana

I didn't omit anything on the ds260
My name as it appears on the passport is what I provided. I was talking about the entry name being different from what's in the passport. In the other names used field i provided what i used during the initial entry

At this stage, I wouldn't say you in your case are okay. Don't be too confident you are okay as you actually may not be. Again, how different is the eDV name from what is on your passport?

Ok. But hope my approach won't cause a problem?

You cannot get the right answer without providing adequate information that is required.

At this stage, I wouldn't say you in your case are okay. Don't be too confident you are okay as you actually may not be. Again, how different is the eDV name from what is on your passport?

You cannot get the right answer without providing adequate information that is required.
yh pls u guys should lay the facts on the table so that we can help u guys...

Here is the scenario, name used for dv entry, David Boakye Mensah. Name in passport, David Boakye Kofi Mensah, same name was used to fill in the DS 260. Will the omission of Kofi in the initial entry cause problems during the interview? @Britsimon?

You will be fine. Don't worry. It should be obvious that you are the same person!

My first name differs from the entry one but I don't think is a problem

How different is it? And why should your first name be different? This is often taken as a flag to check for duplicate entries. Did you submit one entry only?

but per what scratch wrote he omitted "kofi" on his ds 260. .and with that he will needs an affidavit..

Disagree. there are documented cases of similar people being fine, because of the limitations of the entry form people with 4 or more names will have left something out. If first name, last name, birth date is all the same as the entry he will be fine.

Disagree. there are documented cases of similar people being fine, because of the limitations of the entry form people with 4 or more names will have left something out. If first name, last name, birth date is all the same as the entry he will be fine.
well I hope so. .for his sake. .

This is BAD advice. If the name on the DS260 does not match the name on your official documents you will be disqualified. The DS260 must be correct.

Agreed. You must list your legal name accurately on the Ds260, then you can use the alias section for extra name versions.

Agreed. You must list your legal name accurately on the Ds260, then you can use the alias section for extra name versions.

This is BAD advice. If the name on the DS260 does not match the name on your official documents you will be disqualified. The DS260 must be correct.

There's something the OP isn't telling, he's withholding information but wants people to reassure him he will be fine.

Lol. It was stated " name as on passport". So I supplied what is on the passport. Then I put the EDV name at other names.

Well if the name on your eDV application is as written on your passport, then what is the problem? If it's not then how was it written? I've asked you to provide an illustration like twice before now, and you've obviously ignored the the suggestion which makes me think there may be more to the story.

i have a doubt i wil lik u people to clarify me.u entered the dv2015 as a holder of a first degree but unfortunately my attestation of result was signed two days after the date i entered the lottery.i do not know if this wil pose a problem doing my visa interview

That will not constitute any problem.

What are u driving at? Lol

I'm not "driving at" anything. It should be quite clear what I think happened.
I don't know how successful you will be in your application with a completeiy different first name and absence of second name.

I'm not "driving at" anything. It should be quite clear what I think happened.
I don't know how successful you will be in your application with a completeiy different first name and absence of second name.

The rise of the "agents" in Ghana has been very obvious over the last few years and sadly they seem to create difficulties through inaccurate entries.

@scratch the only way this will work is if you have evidence that you have used both names previously. You will have to explain why your alias is in your passport and show evidence establishing that both names are one and the same person.

@scratch I'm not in anyway, shape or form insinuating anything but the earlier you came out clean and told us what really happened,the better. Something just doesn't add up. We're in this journey together and the best place to really prepare for a successful interviews is right here. So I'm afraid you got nothing to gain by withholding information that could jeopardize your chances of getting a visa.

The rise of the "agents" in Ghana has been very obvious over the last few years and sadly they seem to create difficulties through inaccurate entries.

I don't understand it.... Someone said the reason is that people don't have internet access ...but if they are on the forums they obviously do...

@scratch the only way this will work is if you have evidence that you have used both names previously. You will have to explain why your alias is in your passport and show evidence establishing that both names are one and the same person.
u see that's why I said he should swear an affidavit at the high Court. .