• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Selectees from Ghana

the police report is 50gh at the police cid headquarters. .the medical report depending on the hospital u want .. (I did my at holy trinity hospital) back then was 720gh (mimus hepatitis B) which I have done on my own. . so that's the breakdown in my case. .hope it helps @ scratch. .

http://ghana.usembassy.gov/mobile//pr101114.html

Here is the link to a press release from the US Embassy in Ghana. Emphasis has been placed once again on mistakes in DOB, names etc during the DV entry. I once asked a question about not including my fourth name in the entry because only three spaces were provided during the entry (first name, middle name, family name). DS 260 however allows you to enter all names as they appear in your passport. Does anyone know exactly what happens with the differences in names, how does the Embassy in Ghana treat such scenarios?

Here is the scenario, name used for dv entry, David Boakye Mensah. Name in passport, David Boakye Kofi Mensah, same name was used to fill in the DS 260. Will the omission of Kofi in the initial entry cause problems during the interview? @Britsimon?

Last edited:
Please when was that and how much did the hepatitis b test cost
will in all I paid 80gh.. that was around 15th of September.
I was due to take my second injection before I went for the medicals test..but I know the medical fees have been reduced due to the cedi to dollar rates depreciation. .

Here is the scenario, name used for dv entry, David Boakye Mensah. Name in passport, David Boakye Kofi Mensah, same name was used to fill in the DS 260. Will the omission of Kofi in the initial entry cause problems during the interview?
to b on a safe side jux go for an affidavit jux incase it causes any problems. .

Here is the scenario, name used for dv entry, David Boakye Mensah. Name in passport, David Boakye Kofi Mensah, same name was used to fill in the DS 260. Will the omission of Kofi in the initial entry cause problems during the interview? @Britsimon?
but i thought that when filling the DS 260 there is an option that allows you to add other names you have used b4?

That shouldn't be a problem and you don't need an affidavit for this. What you should have done though is to have listed Kofi on the DS form, there's a section on the form for all other names used, which takes care of things like this.

Thanks @F-Lan and @Sm1smom, I entered the omitted name on the DS-260 where they asked for full name as it appears in the passport. Anyways I hope it doesn't come back to bite where it hurts most during the interview.

Thanks @F-Lan and @Sm1smom, I entered the omitted name on the DS-260 where they asked for full name as it appears in the passport. Anyways I hope it doesn't come back to bite where it hurts most during the interview.

If you already did that then there's nothing to worry about and just to reiterate what I wrote earlier, you don't need an affidavit in this case.

If you already did that then there's nothing to worry about and just to reiterate what I wrote earlier, you don't need an affidavit in this case.
but per what scratch wrote he omitted "kofi" on his ds 260. .and with that he will needs an affidavit..

I didn't omit anything on the ds260
My name as it appears on the passport is what I provided. I was talking about the entry name being different from what's in the passport. In the other names used field i provided what i used during the initial entry
oh ok then I misread what u wrote then u are ok..

but per what scratch wrote he omitted "kofi" on his ds 260. .and with that he will needs an affidavit..

No, @scratch did not write that, @guykofi is the one who stated that he did not include "Kofi" on the eDV application. And going by his explanation Kofi is not even his first name. He does not need an affidavit to prove that it is one of his names. He listed it on the DS torn, so he should be okay!

all I pray for is that this yr we should have a 100% visa approval rate on this forum. .Other countries so far so good in Kenya ...I hope citizen k opens the door for us all this week. ....
AMEN..!!!