• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Selectees from Ghana

I don't understand it.... Someone said the reason is that people don't have internet access ...but if they are on the forums they obviously do...

Oh I'm sure these agents are registering people proactively - similar to what happened in Bangladesh.

Check out the increase in entries in Ghana and also the enormous reduction in the derivative rate. Those things are what happen when people are registered without their knowledge - agents with lots of "friends" that make mistakes with names, birthdates, family members and so on.

http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/DV_Applicant_Entrants_by_Country_2007-2013.pdf

I don't understand it.... Someone said the reason is that people don't have internet access ...but if they are on the forums they obviously do...
who say they don't they do..they think is they thought is a difficult process. .at first that's what I thought some years back when I was naive ...this dv programme needs a lot of education. .

W
K. You guys should help me out. Somebody did it for me. The only name that coincides with mine is the surname. They took 2000 cedis from me and gave me the details. Actually, all are my names. I entered and indeed I ws chosen. I started filling out the forms cause it wasn't fraud. I called them about the name aspect and they told me I only need what's on my wasce cert and that's all. They never guided me. I did evrrything with the help of a friend. I have two of the submission forms now. I submitted my ds260 late. Is there a problem with my case.

Wow - 2000 Cedis - over $600. So - am I right to assume they entered you in the lottery and held on to your confirmation details until you paid the money?

@scratch sorry man.. but to register the DV lottery is as simple as ABC. I'm always sad when I see ppl going to register with agents. Now they've put you in a really tight corner.

I'm afraid Eric Duah and Bosome Kwabena Duah are two different names. You gona have a really tough time convincing the Consular Officer you're the same person. My fear is.. what if it's really not you?? What if they only called you because they realized you had a "Duah" as your last name? These agents are really ruining people's chances.. smh

What is on my passport is Eric Duah and in EDV it is Bosome Kwabena Duah. All my documents bear the former name.

K. You guys should help me out. Somebody did it for me. The only name that coincides with mine is the surname. They took 2000 cedis from me and gave me the details. Actually, all are my names. I entered and indeed I ws chosen. I started filling out the forms cause it wasn't fraud. I called them about the name aspect and they told me I only need what's on my wasce cert and that's all. They never guided me. I did evrrything with the help of a friend. I have two of the submission forms now. I submitted my ds260 late. Is there a problem with my case.

I knew it wasn't a simple case of a missing middle name or something so minor when you ignored the previous suggestions to provide more information and were being evasive. What is written of your HS diploma? Do you have any document with Bosome Kwabena listed as your names? Are they listed on your birth certificate?

@scratch, you said someone did it for you in one sentence and paid money, in another sentence you said you did it yourself. The CO won't be happy with you if you were doing this with them right now. Personally I think you should find means of retrieving your money. Please read the link I posted from the embassy earlier today. Your case does not really look solid at the moment.

I'm afraid Eric Duah and Bosome Kwabena Duah are two different names. You gona have a really tough time convincing the Consular Officer you're the same person. My fear is.. what if it's really not you?? What if they only called you because they realized you had a "Duah" as your last name? These agents are really ruining people's chances.. smh
that's why anytime I walk around town n I see ppl under their tents. I sometimes have the edge to go n pull them out. .

@scratch, you said someone did it for you in one sentence and paid money, in another sentence you said you did it yourself. The CO won't be happy with you if you were doing this with them right now. Personally I think you should find means of retrieving your money. Please read the link I posted from the embassy earlier today. Your case does not really look solid at the moment.
don't scare him..lets see who best we can help him out. ..if only any of the said names are on his cert. .he can go n swear an affidavit with other other ones. .I think that will help. .I stand corrected though. .

[
don't scare him..lets see who best we can help him out. ..if only any of the said names are on his cert. .he can go n swear an affidavit with other other ones. .I think that will help. .I stand corrected though. .
I am not scaring him I am just pointing out the inconsistency in his statement and the consequences. And yes he can rely on other documents but massa, the 2k he for go claim e money!

Yea I also think affidavit is his best shot. You got no option bro. Go for the affidavit and I'm sure you'll go through.. Good Luck

People often stop and ask me and my colleagues about visa processes, and I believe many Ghanaians will be interested in learning that the 2016 Diversity Visa Lottery Program (DV) is now open. The entry process is simple and free of charge.

For the first time, the DV Lottery process is entirely online. It is simple enough that anyone can do it, and I encourage prospective entrants to complete the entry forms themselves. Using a third party to assist is not necessary and frequently leads to misinformation that could lead to an automatic disqualification after you’ve won.

The entry form, qualifications for the program, and complete instructions for submitting an entry are available on the Department of State’s web page. This is the central location for all the information you need to understand the minimum qualifications for the DV, how to enter the Lottery, and later to see whether your entry has been selected for further review.

There are hundreds, if not thousands, of individuals, companies, and websites around the world that advertise services for assistance with submission of DV Program entries. We are also aware that here in Ghana, there are businesses operating as visa facilitators, visa agents, or visa coordinators that offer to provide assistance with the DV process.

Even though these services and businesses may be available, the online entry application is simple and free of charge. I strongly encourage entrants to complete the DV program entry without such unnecessary cost or assistance.

There is simply no reason to use an agent or facilitator.

I would encourage potential applicants to enter for themselves and very carefully review the information they have entered on the online form before submitting. Each entrant is only allowed one entry per year, and there is no room for errors in submitting personal data such as your full legal name, date of birth, place of birth, marital status or number of children.

Anyone who enters the Lottery more than one time in a year will be disqualified—so don’t do it.

The computer system will generate a confirmation number for your entry when it is completed. You must retain that confirmation number carefully and should not share it with anyone. The only way to find out whether your application has been selected for advancing in the process is by returning to that website,http://www.DVLottery.state.gov, beginning 5 May 2015, to see if your confirmation number is among those selected for the lottery.

If you receive a phone call or an email informing you that you have been selected—it’s a trick. The Department of State will not phone, text or email applicants informing them that they have won. While DV applicants may receive an email from the U.S. government reminding them to check their status online through DV Entrant Status Check, they will not receive a notification letter or email informing them that they are a successful DV entrant. Applicants can only find out if they were selected to continue with DV processing by checking their status online through the DV Entrant Status Check at http://www.DVLottery.state.gov.

Finally, remember that if your entry is selected, you should only pay fees for the DV application process directly to the U.S. Embassy or consulate cashier at the time of your scheduled appointment. The U.S. government will never ask you to send payment in advance by check, money order, or wire transfer.

The DV Program helps America grow stronger through diversity. The DV Lottery makes available up to 55,000 diversity visas each year, drawn through a random selection among all entries to persons who meet strict eligibility requirements from countries with historically low rates of immigration to the United States. The 2016 entry deadline is 16:00 local time on Monday, 3 November, 2014.

Remember: there is no fee to enter the DV Lottery, and you can and should complete your entry by yourself. It’s simple and it’s free. Good luck.

Whaaat! 2000GHC? thats some serious cash!

[

I am not scaring him I am just pointing out the inconsistency in his statement and the consequences. And yes he can rely on other documents but massa, the 2k he for go claim e money!
hahahaha. .I don't understand. .why u should pay that amount. .was that part of the agreement before u registered. .?

Please how is it done? Am feeling down now. All hands on deck but I know the money is gone.
my guy just go to the high Court tomorrow go the the ground floor n talk to anyone in the office n tell them about ur problem. .pls go with ur sch certs. .
p.s talk to the person in the office not at the entrance or in the compound. .I said the office. .get back to us with feedbacks.

They came to me and negotiated with me after the results were released. Please any help is kindly welcome.
forget about the money is gone. ...lets focus on what you can do to legitimate ur claim to ur case no. ok..last yr that's what happened to a guy on 2014 forum. .we helped him n now he is in the states. .