• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Selectees from Ghana

Hi! Am a dv 2015 winner. I submitted my DS 260 forms late August. My CN is 5XXX. When should I be expecting my 2NL? And the so called affidavit of support, is it mandatory? Please am a new member.
CN from which continent/country? Affidavit of support is country specific. eg. in Ghana its not a requirement but you can get it just in case

Okay you submitted a bit late but nothing to worry about. keep checking via the ESC. If you don't get it after next week call KCC to find out.

Thank you very much but I just learnt the requirement of the affidavit of support is at the discretion of the consular officer. We hope he/she stays calm. God is in control

Do you plan to stay with a host in the US, and if yes - is your host a relative?

@scratch if you could get your host to send you the AOS why not let him? You might not be asked at the interview but you don't lose anything if you take it along with you just in case. Never give anything a chance

We are o. So just waiting for the 2NL and then I will forward it to him for him to see. I think that will help
a bit confused here. you don't want him to see your CN yet you want to forward your 2NL to him which states your CN? lol anyway whatever it is you should clarify things with him b4 your interview.

a bit confused here. you don't want him to see your CN yet you want to forward your 2NL to him which states your CN? lol anyway whatever it is you should clarify things with him b4 your interview.

I'm also wondering why he's dragging issues. It's quite clear he doesn't wana host you. I may be wrong but if he really wana help out he won't even doubt you in the first place. Just saying

Feel freeeee. I wonder saf. Wish I know somebody else. But he is the only person that can offer me that but well God will provide.

As advised above, if your host will provide the I134, then that is safest. However, the host system is recognized at some embassies as a form of support, so if your host is a good friend or family then the CO is less likely to ask for the I134 anyway.

Ok. There is this thing that is puzzling me. My intention is to further my education when granted the visa. Should I say at the time of the interview that I want to school again knowing the fact that I don't have anyone to support me? Or I should say am going to work

Just tell the truth - whatever that is. If you plan to continue education, you presumably have looked into how you will pay for that and have the funds. So - if that is the case - just be prepared to show you have a sensible plan. If you might need a job, then tell them that is your intention. Telling lies can get a denial, not having a sensible plan can get you denied also - so be realistic and honest.

How do I proove to the co that am going to study and do I need to contact any school abroad before my interview? Can I tell CO am funding my own education or intend working to support my self?

Under the terms of your visa you are free to study or work or do whatever you like. All you need to prove to the CO is that you have a plan/ability to support yourself.

So can the affidavit of support be used to compensate for any problem that may arise in terms of schooling? Can I also produce a bank statement that can show that i can support myself?

A bank statement with over $10k would be sufficient proof, and if your statement does not show that amount, then yes, an affidavit of support would be helpful.

Please can you let me know the total cost of processing this visa. An estimate will do.

If you are doing CP (outside the USA) your costs will be $330 for the interview, then the medical costs ($100 to $300 I imagine), and lastly, if successful the Green Card fee ($165). So - less than $1000.

Is it Hospital dependent? And please how much is the police certificate? Do I need to make a copy of the passport side with my name? Also how many NLs from the E-DV site do I have to submit in addition to the appointment letter?
scratch this shows u are really new to this. .ok
pls go to www.travel.state.gov. .all the info u seek are all there. .do that n get back to us if u need any clarification. .

Is it Hospital dependent? And please how much is the police certificate? Do I need to make a copy of the passport side with my name? Also how many NLs from the E-DV site do I have to submit in addition to the appointment letter?

Well I think the question regarding the cost of police cert in Ghana has already been answered on this forum. So i'll urge you to go back and read through. Most of the things bordering you are already answered here. In as much as @Britsimon tries to answer most of your questions, some of the questions are Ghanaian related. Example the cost of medical report and police clearance differs from one country to another. And also rules pertaining interview depends on the Embassy. Hope this helps

u need ur confirmation page from the ds 260. also the letter that they sent u first when u won in addition to ur interview letter appointment. ..@ scratch. .so is 3 in all