• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

I will be moving to LA, West Hollywood/Hollywood Hills area. I'm just going for a week and a half to sort some stuff out and activate the card, then I'll come back and leave for good in Feb. I've been preparing for this for a long time!

We are thinking of West Hollywood too.... have a temporary AirBNB place for up to a month near Echo Park/Silverlake to start with though. :) May see you at MEL or LAX if you end up leaving on the 10 Feb ! :p

It was $115 in total. The biggest spend was the root beer.

We only go once every few months so this should last us awhile. We baked the white cake this afternoon - DELICIOUS.

That's no so bad, enjoy! I've looked up their website a few times and not ordered anything cause I know how cheap it is in the US.

I know, it's almost criminal. But I've become very dependent on things like Crisco for baking and the sauces for marinating meats etc.

And I can't help but try at least one 'what the hell' each time I go.

We are thinking of West Hollywood too.... have a temporary AirBNB place for up to a month near Echo Park/Silverlake to start with though. :) May see you at MEL or LAX if you end up leaving on the 10 Feb ! :p

I'm also looking at WeHo. Seems like a nice little neighbourhood. Er sorry, 'neighborhood.'

Does anyone know what to put on your departing card when leaving Australia if you are only going for an Green card activation trip? Is it Australian citizen/ New Zealand citizen moving permanently or holiday as I have heard they frown upon activation trips. Also I presume since we got the DV through our NZ citizenship we leave Australia on our NZ passport not our Australian passport? Any help would be appreciated......getting close now... 3 weeks and USA here we come:)

Thankyou everyone for your advise through this forum. I have my one way ticket booked for 18th January. I will be moving to Westwood area of LA to live with my daughter and family after 7 plus years being parted. What a whirlwind the last few months has been, sold my home and car, shipped belongings I didn't donate to charity, retired from work and now for the difficult part, saying goodbye to my family. I think the next hurdle will be transferring money to USA once I have a bank account set up… Learning to drive a car in USA seems a little daunting but I managed this DV process on my own, so I guess I can do that too.. at nearly 60, I surprised myself!!! With the next VB out in a few days, I hope the news is good for people waiting to be current. At the end of this journey, I can truly say, being patient, being detailed and organized, learning from others' experiences through this forum has helped me greatly.. thank you everyone. I will let you know how the POE experience goes.. Blessings and Happy New Year everyone.

Thankyou everyone for your advise through this forum. I have my one way ticket booked for 18th January. I will be moving to Westwood area of LA to live with my daughter and family after 7 plus years being parted. What a whirlwind the last few months has been, sold my home and car, shipped belongings I didn't donate to charity, retired from work and now for the difficult part, saying goodbye to my family. I think the next hurdle will be transferring money to USA once I have a bank account set up… Learning to drive a car in USA seems a little daunting but I managed this DV process on my own, so I guess I can do that too.. at nearly 60, I surprised myself!!! With the next VB out in a few days, I hope the news is good for people waiting to be current. At the end of this journey, I can truly say, being patient, being detailed and organized, learning from others' experiences through this forum has helped me greatly.. thank you everyone. I will let you know how the POE experience goes.. Blessings and Happy New Year everyone.

Look into forex brokers for transferring that money!

Go Essey! Safe travels friend and keep us updated.

Jaynin, hope all goes well with the big move - very exciting. You too keep us updated, matey.

*sniff sniff* shedding a metaphorical tear as our OCers fly from the nest. :D

As you all immigrate you'll gradually drift away the until it's just us high CN people dusting the cobwebs in the empty echoing halls of the thread.

But in May I'll be able to hang with all the excited DV-2016 newbies and act like a seasoned veteran dispensing my DV-2015 wisdom.