• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

Ok I JUST got an email response from Sydney Consulate:

"Thank you for your inquiry. We have checked your case and noted that it has been approved and it looks like we should get it finalized and mail it out this week."

So I guess that's good. I was getting a bit worried, but looks like I was right and they're just behind because of the holidays. Every step of this process is a test in patience, that's for sure.

Sounds like your email gave them a needed nudge...

Just got the email from Sydney saying my visa has been issued! Provided it arrives tomorrow, I will be flying out Wednesday to activate it. Hooray!

Here's the text of the email for anyone who's interested (had to remove all the links as it wouldn't let me post):

Dear Visa applicant,

We are pleased to advise that your visa has been issued today.

If you provided our office with an envelope for delivery, you may trace the delivery process of your visa package through the Australia Post website using the tracking number of your envelope.

If you created a profile through ustraveldocs for delivery, your issued visa will be delivered to the nominated address in the profile you created via the USTRAVELDOCS website (USTRAVELDOCS). You may trace the delivery process through this site.

Upon receipt of your passport which will contain your immigrant or K visa, please ensure that all information printed on the visa foil is correct. Use the diagram at U.S. Embassy Canberra website as a guide. If any of the information on your visa does not match the information in your passport or is incorrect, please reply to this email immediately advising us of the error(s). The sealed yellow envelope contains your documentation, DO NOT OPEN this envelope. Please ensure that you travel with this envelope in your carry-on luggage as this must be presented with your passport on arrival to the U.S.

You should never pay for travel arrangements (e.g., airfare, hotels) without having a visa in your possession. The U.S. Consulate General accepts no responsibility if you do so. You risk significant financial losses if you ignore this advice.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The following information is relevant to your case type regarding your entry into the United States. Please click on the appropriate U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Service (USCIS) link below to retrieve the information. Once you are in the U.S. you are responsible for maintaining the correct immigration status with USCIS. You may refer to the USCIS website or contact USCIS’s National Customer Service Center (NCSC) at 1-800-375-5283.

IR-2: Unmarried children of U.S. citizens, who will acquire U.S. citizenship upon arrival, must read the information regarding Child Citizenship Act via USCIS website

Permanent & Conditional Residents must pay USCIS Immigrant Fee:
Foreign nationals who seek permanent residence in the United States and receive an immigrant visa will need to pay a USCIS Immigrant Fee. Please read through the attached information before paying the fee to ensure that you are not exempt. You will require the following information to complete this payment.

Follow these steps to submit payment online:

1. Go to USCIS website http://www.uscis.gov/forms/uscis-immigrant-fee

2. Fill in all fields completely and accurately. If an item is not applicable type “N/A”.

3. You will find your Alien Number and Case I.D. Number attached to the front of your Visa Package which is being mailed to you. If you are unsure where to look for these numbers please refer to the attached guidance. If your Alien Number only contains 8 digits you will be required to add a 0 after the A ie. A012345678

4. Click on Make Payment.

5. Enter your payment information and click on Continue with Payment.

6. Double check that the information presented is correct.

7. Enter your email address to receive confirmation of the transaction.

8. Check the Authorization Box and click on Submit Payment.

9. Keep a copy of the receipt for your records (Print a copy of the receipt and take with you to the United States as evidence of payment.)

Permanent & Conditional Residents: Must read the information regarding (Conditional & Permanent Residency via USCIS website

K1 and K2 visa applicants: Must read the information available via USCIS website
Begin reading from subheading: “After the Fiancé(e) Visa is Issued”
To adjust your status to permanent residency from K1/K2 visa status, please refer to Form I-485 via USCIS website

K3 and K4 visa applicants: Must read the information available via USCIS website
Begin reading from subheading: “Benefits and Limitations of K-3/K-4 Nonimmigrant Visa”

We also encourage you to read through your “Rights and Protections for Foreign-Citizen Fiancé(e)s and Spouses of U.S. Citizens and Spouses of Lawful Permanent Residents” at the Department of State website

Good luck and safe travels!

Thank you

U.S. Consulate General, Sydney
Immigrant Visa Unit (RST)

I was just telling my husband 'these young kids who can just fly at a moment's notice and it takes us an hour to get the kids organised for a walk to the park'.

Keep us updated as to when you get it.

I was just telling my husband 'these young kids who can just fly at a moment's notice and it takes us an hour to get the kids organised for a walk to the park'.

;) I definitely will! I keep re-reading that email and checking the 'Issued' status on CEAC now lol.

Ok I JUST got an email response from Sydney Consulate:

"Thank you for your inquiry. We have checked your case and noted that it has been approved and it looks like we should get it finalized and mail it out this week."

So I guess that's good. I was getting a bit worried, but looks like I was right and they're just behind because of the holidays. Every step of this process is a test in patience, that's for sure.

That is a relief!!! Here's hoping it's in your hands by the end of the week :)

I'm going to USA Foods tomorrow (to get some basics we now can't live without - root beer, crisco, chipotle). Any suggestions of other things we might want to try?

I'm pretty much game to eat anything that won't eat me first.

Just got the email from Sydney saying my visa has been issued! Provided it arrives tomorrow, I will be flying out Wednesday to activate it. Hooray!

Here's the text of the email for anyone who's interested (had to remove all the links as it wouldn't let me post):

Dear Visa applicant,

(RST)

Congratulations, where were you going again?

I can't believe you can just fly out so soon, you have obviously planned everything and disposed of all of your stuff? It's taking me 12 months of planning to move.

Haha same for us, we need allow 1/2 to collect toys, books etc to get in the car!

I'm going to USA Foods tomorrow (to get some basics we now can't live without - root beer, crisco, chipotle). Any suggestions of other things we might want to try?

You have probably already tried Graham crackers to make smores. We liked the cheese in the can on biscuits but it's not for everyone.

Congratulations, where were you going again?

I can't believe you can just fly out so soon, you have obviously planned everything and disposed of all of your stuff? It's taking me 12 months of planning to move.
I will be moving to LA, West Hollywood/Hollywood Hills area. I'm just going for a week and a half to sort some stuff out and activate the card, then I'll come back and leave for good in Feb. I've been preparing for this for a long time!

I will be moving to LA, West Hollywood/Hollywood Hills area. I'm just going for a week and a half to sort some stuff out and activate the card, then I'll come back and leave for good in Feb. I've been preparing for this for a long time!

Bloody hell - I agree with the others. You are fast!!

You have probably already tried Graham crackers to make smores. We liked the cheese in the can on biscuits but it's not for everyone.
I'll try those.

I'm also going to get some Pillbury Hot Roll Mix. Am looking forward to being able to use that in a number of ways.

Bloody hell - I agree with the others. You are fast!!
I have tenants moving into my place on the 15th Feb so I don't really have much choice at this point! Plus, the sooner I leave, the sooner I can get out of my mind-numbing job :D

Australia Post tracking still says nothing so looks like I won't be getting my passport today and will have to push back my trip til Thursday or later.

I've pretty must resigned myself to diabetes when I move to the States. I drank so much Dr Pepper last time I was there.

Well we're back and got a whole lot more than I thought. Louisiana Hot Sauce. York Mint Patties. Marshmallows. White Cake. Dr Pepper. Root Beer. Chipotle. Crisco. Pop tarts.

I needed a trolley in the end. But quiet kids in the back of the car on the way home.

It was $115 in total. The biggest spend was the root beer.

We only go once every few months so this should last us awhile. We baked the white cake this afternoon - DELICIOUS.