• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

(If any documents are listed below as incomplete, please present the completed documents at the time of interview.)this is what is in the second notification
and not specific name document.

Absolutely even those who went before and after-have not been asked:I have realized the Ethiopians interview almost goes on till afternoon and you move in and out of the Embassy.In Kenya the process from start to end takes no more than 1 hour and interview time with Co last only 2-5 min(But that does not mean other wont be asked(affidavit of support) be cautious though)Carry it with you.
Hi Simon, I need some more clarity about the affidavit of support; First of all, I have a bigger family than yours (6members) and honestly I do not have anyone in USA who can do the affidavit for me. However, I have property which I can sell and raise enough money for us to start off in US. Besides, I plan to go ahead of my family and they follow after two or three months. Do I have to worry about the Affidavit of support or I simply present documents of my properties as well as a bank statement? Please advise or any other person with good knowledge on this can advise. Thx.

Hello,
Kindly help me change my name. I am not able to do it myself. Want it changed to something else like stevens1. Thanks

There are 3 options available to you:

1. I can delete your present profile with all the posts, threads and conversations you've had with it.

2. I can delete the profile without deleting your previous posts, threads or conversations.

3. You can use the 'contact us' link to contact the webmaster for a name change request- this option could take days or weeks before you get a response.

Let me know if you want option 1 or 2 which can be done right away, you will need a new email address to register a new profile.

Hi Simon, I need some more clarity about the affidavit of support; First of all, I have a bigger family than yours (6members) and honestly I do not have anyone in USA who can do the affidavit for me. However, I have property which I can sell and raise enough money for us to start off in US. Besides, I plan to go ahead of my family and they follow after two or three months. Do I have to worry about the Affidavit of support or I simply present documents of my properties as well as a bank statement? Please advise or any other person with good knowledge on this can advise. Thx.
I think the idea is to show that you will not become a public liability(charge) in America so demonstrated personal capability will do. However, it is not all about money and even the Ds 260 had a requirement for address.You must have filled this?t

You only need an address for the green card to get sent to...it has no bearing otherwise if you are not relying on a host.

True. @susie, this is the address which the green card will be sent to and I left this as a question to prod him so that in case he is completely stark for a host, we could explore it further.
Does one get a chance to change his address before the GC is sent?

True. @susie, this is the address which the green card will be sent to and I left this as a question to prod him so that in case he is completely stark for a host, we could explore it further.
Does one get a chance to change his address before the GC is sent?

Yes you can change the address.

And while I know hosting is common for East Africans, I can assure you that the majority of DV winners get their green cards without having a host. It is not necessary, especially if you have sufficient assets of your own to show.

(If any documents are listed below as incomplete, please present the completed documents at the time of interview.)this is what is in the second notification
and not specific name document.
If there are NO document listed, then, I think KCC got satisfied with the information you provided..

Wise decision:The CO never asked me for any document,The only document she relied on is Travel passports,2x2 passports photos,marriage cert and Birth certificate.I had carried with me a letter(NOT affidavit of support) from my host indicating an assurance of hosting me till get settled,Just let your host draft a simple letter in case,then carry with you personal documents(titles I also carried some titles )Don't sell anything before ,NOT UNLESS YOU WANT TO FACILITATE processing of medicals and Interview fee.I had no Bank statement.IN SUMMARY-but with CAUTION-No one in this forum dv-2014 dv-2015 have reported having being asked the i134 (AOS) I also intend to move ahead of my family (this 20th Nov) and the rest in Jan-feb 2015 so as to clear some issues.

Last edited:
@Simon looking forward to meeting you and your family in New Jersey.. Congrats once again
Sure Citizen-k am told there is winter in NJ and my host was advising I wait till January since I might spend December in-house and that driving lessons are rarely conducted in such environment .what do you think?

Wise decision:The CO never asked me for any document,The only document she relied on is Travel passports,2x2 passports photos and Birth certificate.I had carried with me a letter(NOT affidavit of support) from my host indicating an assurance of hosting me till get settled,Just let your host draft a simple letter in case,then carry with you personal documents(titles I also carried some titles )Don't sell anything before ,NOT UNLESS YOU WANT TO FACILITATE processing of medicals and Interview fee.I had no Bank statement.IN SUMMARY-but with CAUTION-No one in this forum dv-2014 dv-2015 have reported having being asked the i134 (AOS) I also intend to move ahead of my family (this 20th Nov) and the rest in Jan-feb 2015 so as to clear some issues.
hi simon, any additional info on marriage cert.

Sure Citizen-k am told there is winter in NJ and my host was advising I wait till January since I might spend December in-house and that driving lessons are rarely conducted in such environment .what do you think?

I'm assuming you have a Kenyan driving licence? If you are getting proper lessons I don't really see the issue, yes it's trickier driving on the other side of the road with ice and snow but for that reason probably better to do that with an instructor. the weather in January will not be very different, or was there another reasons for not doing lessons?

Was it you or someone else who asked earlier if it is winter everywhere in the US? Yes it will be, as the entire country is in the northern hemisphere, but the climate varies hugely. In Illinois, Minnesota etc the weather will be far colder/snowier/icier than NJ. In Florida or southern California there may well be sunny days in the mid-20s (Celsius).

He's your host and since you gona stay with him i think you better listen to him.. I can't really advice you on this man.. haha

I'm assuming you have a Kenyan driving licence? If you are getting proper lessons I don't really see the issue, yes it's trickier driving on the other side of the road with ice and snow but for that reason probably better to do that with an instructor. the weather in January will not be very different, or was there another reasons for not doing lessons?

Was it you or someone else who asked earlier if it is winter everywhere in the US? Yes it will be, as the entire country is in the northern hemisphere, but the climate varies hugely. In Illinois, Minnesota etc the weather will be far colder/snowier/icier than NJ. In Florida or southern California there may well be sunny days in the mid-20s (Celsius).
Yes Susie am the one who asked the question earlier on.I have a Kenyan DL of 15 years accident free.I see NO issue as you put it..thankyou

He's your host and since you gona stay with him i think you better listen to him.. I can't really advice you on this man.. haha
Am thinking of plan B:a Stop over to another one who was also willing to host me and still in NJ-