• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

Hi forum members, I am already booked for medicals mid-month, and my interview is early Dec. A question please: All my documents have full names except the form four Certificate that has double R instead of R in my name, and the middle name an Initial. Please advice> Thanks.

So-how will you go about it?
Well I have not thought much about that:rolleyes:. Am just finishing my last Hepatitis injection this November. If they accept my certificates well an good if not then I guess they have a client. Lol just imagine in less than a year a repetition of vaccines mmmh!:eek:

@Malemba carry the certificates with u.They do not repeat vaccinations unless they need to.There's a guy in 2014 forum who opted to get some shots from kanjo's clinic at city hall which is cheaper.I think he paid less at IOM as he didn't need to get the same shots again(please go through 2014 Kenyans forum to confirm)

Well I have not thought much about that:rolleyes:. Am just finishing my last Hepatitis injection this November. If they accept my certificates well an good if not then I guess they have a client. Lol just imagine in less than a year a repetition of vaccines mmmh!:eek:

thanks Simon and congrats on receiving your visa.please keep us in your prayers,especially us guys with really high case numbers[/
Simon kwani your interview was how long???:p:p:D 3 days and we r still waiting:confused::rolleyes:o_O
I had earlier on updated my signature:
This how my experience was,
The night before my interview(3th November) I never had sleep.At 3.0 am my wife walk up started her family chores.My children also walk up and started running from one bedroom to the other.I also started verifying my documents and at 5:a.m the TAXI driver arrived and we hit the road .
At 5.50 a.m we arrive at the Embassy and we find not more than ten people.At 6.am we go through the first security check, and at 6.15a.m another security check and still not more than 30 people on the queue.We go through the security machines where we live all metallic items CD and memory cards,phones.We get into the Embassy hall and we are issued with a ticket.My number is called and fingerprints for wife,16 old daughter and myself then took our seats .By now (8.00a.m) the hall was half empty approx 3o people inside and non immigrates are being interviewed (each Non Immigrant interview lasing for about 10 minutes(very intensive interview)My name is called again and I present my documents where they almost refused one of the photo passports but after some consultation they accepted.I was directed to pay kshs 148,550/= ($1650)then took my seat.
I was called at counter 10 and the three of us took some oath.
CO - place your fingers on the scanner.
We-Yes
CO-Wait a minute the system not work
Me-Yes Mum
CO-fidgeting-computer
CO-Sorry give me a few minutes and started consulting her colleague
CO-Comes back-Ok am sorry we will have to do it manually.
Me -Ok
CO-Mr *** were all this children include in your initial eDV
Me-Yes Mum
CO-What did you do after High School
Me-Bla Bla.
CO-Do you have other children beside this ones
ME-NO
CO-Any other wife
ME-no
CO-Why did you register this birth certificate very late
ME-bla bla
CO-Whcih state do you intend to live in
Me-New Jersey
CO- VISA APPROVED do bla bla
WE-THANKS THANKYOU AND MORE THANKS..............
By 9.00am already out of the Embassy

@Simon hope you have done with your interview yet . please update us your experience.
The night before my interview(3th November) I never had sleep.At 3.0 am my wife walk up started her family chores.My children also walk up and started running from one bedroom to the other.I also started verifying my documents and at 5:a.m the TAXI driver arrived and we hit the road .
At 5.50 a.m we arrive at the Embassy and we find not more than ten people.At 6.am we go through the first security check, and at 6.15a.m another security check and still not more than 30 people on the queue.We go through the security machines where we live all metallic items CD and memory cards,phones.We get into the Embassy hall and we are issued with a ticket.My number is called and fingerprints for wife,16 old daughter and myself then took our seats .By now (8.00a.m) the hall was half empty approx 3o people inside and non immigrates are being interviewed (each Non Immigrant interview lasing for about 10 minutes(very intensive interview)My name is called again and I present my documents where they almost refused one of the photo passports but after some consultation they accepted.I was directed to pay kshs 148,550/= ($1650)then took my seat.
We-Yes
Me-Yes Mum
CO-fidgeting-computer
Me -Ok
Me-Yes Mum
Me-Bla Bla.
ME-NO
CO-Any other wife
ME-no
ME-bla bla
Me-New Jersey
By 9.00am already out of the Embass

We-Yes
Me-Yes Mum
CO-fidgeting-computer
Me -Ok
Me-Yes Mum
Me-Bla Bla.
ME-NO
CO-Any other wife
ME-no
ME-bla bla
Me-New Jersey
By 9.00am already out of the Embass

CONGRA bro , I am happy for u, plan to pack packkkkkkkkkkkkkkk......... wish all best

We-Yes
Me-Yes Mum
CO-fidgeting-computer
Me -Ok
Me-Yes Mum
Me-Bla Bla.
ME-NO
CO-Any other wife
ME-no
ME-bla bla
Me-New Jersey
By 9.00am already out of the Embassy

so that means Kenya embassy also no I-134 required ?

Last edited:
They say 10 days-have not received the Passports(VISA)yet.They issue you with a green paper with a "Congratulation,VISA approved message,and instruction of how to register with DHL as well as a USCIS fee form for the 165$ payment.I have checked for any waybill but not yet.

Simon, check your inbox today evening. I had my interview on a Tuesday and received notification of my waybill number on Friday.

so that means Kenya embassy also no I-134 required ?
Absolutely even those who went before and after-have not been asked:I have realized the Ethiopians interview almost goes on till afternoon and you move in and out of the Embassy.In Kenya the process from start to end takes no more than 1 hour and interview time with Co last only 2-5 min(But that does not mean other wont be asked(affidavit of support) be cautious though)Carry it with you.

Last edited:
Oh Thanks Mom,Britsimon,Susie ,pasaris and Ingwe you encouraged me to drop the follow to join option-I have now realized the the logic.It was easier for the CO to make final and conclusive decision when her eyes could see all family members.Thanks and thank you again.

@Simon. It was a wise decision to move with your family. You are most welcome!!

Absolutely even those who went before and after-have not been asked:I have realized the Ethiopians interview almost goes on till afternoon and you move in and out of the Embassy.In Kenya the process from start to end takes no more than 1 hour and interview time with Co last only 2-5 min(But that does not mean other wont be asked(affidavit of support) be cautious though)Carry it with you.
btw Simon, did Z CO asked you about the edit you make after the unlock ?

Hi forum members, I am already booked for medicals mid-month, and my interview is early Dec. A question please: All my documents have full names except the form four Certificate that has double R instead of R in my name, and the middle name an Initial. Please advice> Thanks.

btw Simon, did Z CO asked you about the edit you make after the unlock ?
No but she had a big file in my name with lot of documents inside(100-150 pages ) could see some as medical reports ,my confidential high school certificate I think its because of my big family members (5 of us)but i think it consisted of all correspondences i had with the KCC/EMBASSY as I had made several request of UNLOCKING and some other clarification on FOLLOW-TO JOIN issue.

Last edited:
swear an affidavit.You will be surprised being asked about it...CO work is to issue you with a VISA and will always CAPITALIZE on lose ends..