• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

Wise decision:The CO never asked me for any document,The only document she relied on is Travel passports,2x2 passports photos,marriage cert and Birth certificate.I had carried with me a letter(NOT affidavit of support) from my host indicating an assurance of hosting me till get settled,Just let your host draft a simple letter in case,then carry with you personal documents(titles I also carried some titles )Don't sell anything before ,NOT UNLESS YOU WANT TO FACILITATE processing of medicals and Interview fee.I had no Bank statement.IN SUMMARY-but with CAUTION-No one in this forum dv-2014 dv-2015 have reported having being asked the i134 (AOS) I also intend to move ahead of my family (this 20th Nov) and the rest in Jan-feb 2015 so as to clear some issues.
@Simon, did you go sheria house for a marriage certificate as the edv website guides?
our marriage cert was issued to us by the priest several Years ago and it was from the booklets the govt issues to Reverends.

@Simon, did you go sheria house for a marriage certificate as the edv website guides?
our marriage cert was issued to us by the priest several Years ago and it was from the booklets the govt issues to Reverends.
The Embassy accepts the Notification of marriage:The one issued by the priest-Mine(issued by priest) indicated we officiated our marriage in 2006 yet we got married in 1998.The older the notification the better since its allay fears of arranged marriage.The priest notification has no seal but its widely accepted as proof(90%)in fact,our Rev- issued mine in my house where a couple(friend) witnessed and signed it( its within the constitution).

Last edited:
The Embassy accepts the Notification of marriage:The one issued by the priest-Mine(issued by priest) indicated we officiated our marriage in 2006 yet we got married in 1998.The older the notification the better since its allay fears of arranged marriage.The priest notification has no seal but its widely accepted as proof(90%)
Thanks for this clarification. The new marriage bill has created chaos at sheria house, anybody going there had better be aware.Talk about govt fixing a working system!

Thanks for this clarification. The new marriage bill has created chaos at sheria house, anybody going there had better be aware.Talk about govt fixing a working system!
Don't dare:A friend of mine ( dv 2015) had his file (passport application) missing at Nyayo house after refusing to chuck something.Its now 6 months and NO hope.He is yet to fill his DS 260.

Oh! Is it? Horrendous is what you would call that!
let him go 9th floor and firmly insist that he needs to see the director, he must carry the dated receipt. I know it will work and kindly update me.
Mine too took over seven weeks and I had protest . Terrible govt services.

In my wife VISA an annotation (Valid only if Acc/FTJ Father/Mother/Spouse Class A or B (TB) Req.ATTN.ofUSPHS at POE)
The child VISA has no annotation
What is this annotation about?

It is making it clear what conditions are to be checked for your wife to be accepted into the country

In my wife VISA an annotation (Valid only if Acc/FTJ Father/Mother/Spouse Class A or B (TB) Req.ATTN.ofUSPHS at POE)

To add to britsimon it has two things: first is that she as derivative can oniy enter with or after you; second is that there something incomplete with the medical, not enough to deny her the visa but enough that USPHS need to check something on entry, looks like something to do with TB.

Last edited:
Am yet to receive mine to compare(any annotation) does that apply to all other DVS.
A DV 2014 selectees I talked about earlier had very strict annotation i.e wife -Must Never travel out without child X(step child),Wife must be given permission by Husband when traveling with child X. he he..

Yeah, I'll belive that when I see a picture of it....
You do realise the visa is a one time thing. The wife can get a new passport after she's entered and never need to show it again, just her green card. (Apart from the unlikeliness of the story to begun with.)

Last edited:
The real mother remained in Kenya but had claimed custody,don't know whether that was part of the agreement at the courts proceeding but it was strange... The principal wanted the family to join them later but they could not travel out of Kenya alone..very strange.I think that was to secure some interest of the child and real mother..

Like I said. Proof please.

I just decoded it for you, what more do you want??? She has the visa, expect some extra delay at entry for this.
Delay !!- that's very ok, anyway will call the guy for him to clarify to me on the same,will let you know.May be i have forgotten/added something.Will surely let you know.

1. Your wife cannot enter the U.S. unless accompanied by you or will be entering the U.S. after your own admission as the PA.

2. Signs of class A or B TB detected at the time of the medical (could be a dormant TB case), not enough to cause a visa denial but she most likely be be asked to under additional testing and follow up in the US, the IO will provide additional instructions at the POE.

Am yet to receive mine to compare(any annotation) does that apply to all other DVS.
A DV 2014 selectees I talked about earlier had very strict annotation i.e wife -Must Never travel out without child X(step child),Wife must be given permission by Husband when traveling with child X. he he..

What was the annotation on the visa? Never heard of such a condition being placed on ANY LPR. Each person's LPR status is separate and independent upon activation regardless of was the PA.

What was the annotation on the visa? Never heard of such a condition being placed on ANY LPR. Each person's LPR status is separate and independent upon activation regardless of was the PA.

Plus the fact that you can 'lose' the visa the minute you've entered the country.
In any case I would think that such an annotation is unconstitutional in the US - never travel without the child?!
Either another DV urban legend or misrepresentation of facts... I will concede I am wrong if a photo of said annotation is posted.

No but she had a big file in my name with lot of documents inside(100-150 pages ) could see some as medical reports ,my confidential high school certificate I think its because of my big family members (5 of us)but i think it consisted of all correspondences i had with the KCC/EMBASSY as I had made several request of UNLOCKING and some other clarification on FOLLOW-TO JOIN issue.

Hello Simon,
How many times you unlocked your ds260? I need to unlock for the second time but little scared! Thinking not safe and may cause dramas ahead...!!!

1. Your wife cannot enter the U.S. unless accompanied by you or will be entering the U.S. after your own admission as the PA.

2. Signs of class A or B TB detected at the time of the medical (could be a dormant TB case), not enough to cause a visa denial but she most likely be be asked to under additional testing and follow up in the US, the IO will provide additional instructions at the POE.
Thanks so much mom:I really had no ideal what its all about