• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

Thanks for this info. Very useful for some of us with high CNs.
would you advise someone to do such medical examinations from elsewhere before heading to IOM? I imagine it would relieve some stress/anxiety.
nop waste of money....just do them early.....unless you think you have TB(maybe be tested for this)

Thank you Nayfara for the insight. Just clarify something please, does it mean if you are given the CD then you are ok?
Also are you given your x lay film to take to the embassy? And which physical defects can lead to a denial. You also talked
about 8 weeks for TB, what did you mean. Thanks in advance
if given the cd you are okay
the 8 weeks is how long it takes to get the results on whether or not you have tb
dont take the x ray cd to the interview you will need to carry it when travelling.

nop waste of money....just do them early.....unless you think you have TB(maybe be tested for this)
Totally agree, for guys with high numbers, i also advice to go check the TB, its the main show stopper, because if they find spots on the x ray you have to be back for 3 days in the morning and if confirmed, you do medication for i think 2 - 4 months, if you know early, then you can get treatment now, so that yo results are cleared when you go for medical. otherwise in Aug or Sept, if they tell you u have TB, you are out.:confused:

Totally agree, for guys with high numbers, i also advice to go check the TB, its the main show stopper, because if they find spots on the x ray you have to be back for 3 days in the morning and if confirmed, you do medication for i think 2 - 4 months, if you know early, then you can get treatment now, so that yo results are cleared when you go for medical. otherwise in Aug or Sept, if they tell you u have TB, you are out.:confused:
Thanks indeed!
I have another question; for children, is it advisable to give them some vaccines in advance for instance pneumococcal and yellow fever? I understand once you already have proof they wont repeat the vaccines. Kindly advise. Thx.

Thanks indeed!
I have another question; for children, is it advisable to give them some vaccines in advance for instance pneumococcal and yellow fever? I understand once you already have proof they wont repeat the vaccines. Kindly advise. Thx.
I inquired of the same and they told me they wont repeat vaccination done elsewhere as long as they are captured in the vaccination card.But I would rather have a clean certificate from IOM..

I inquired of the same and they told me they wont repeat vaccination done elsewhere as long as they are captured in the vaccination card.But I would rather have a clean certificate from IOM..

What do you mean by a clean certificate? Have they ever doubted other certificate other than from IOM? Had a yellow fever and hepatitis B done.

What do you mean by a clean certificate? Have they ever doubted other certificate other than from IOM? Had a yellow fever and hepatitis B done.
The Embassy have(IOM) as their preferred Medical center.IOM normally issue a MEDICAL certificate which is recognized worldwide while others don't

Last edited:
Guys a quick one, i understand the visa i sent to a DHL office where you pick it from, is it done that day, @Simon have you received your visa yet?
How long does it usually take to get it?

Guys a quick one, i understand the visa i sent to a DHL office where you pick it from, is it done that day, @Simon have you received your visa yet?
How long does it usually take to get it?
They say 10 days-have not received the Passports(VISA)yet.They issue you with a green paper with a "Congratulation,VISA approved message,and instruction of how to register with DHL as well as a USCIS fee form for the 165$ payment.I have checked for any waybill but not yet.

They say 10 days-have not received the Passports(VISA)yet.They issue you with a green paper with a "Congratulation,VISA approved message,and instruction of how to register with DHL as well as a USCIS fee form for the 165$ payment.I have checked for any waybill but not yet.
So how do we fly back to our contries from Nairobi, can that piece of paper help us through customs?

So how do we fly back to our contries from Nairobi, can that piece of paper help us through customs?
ha ha ha..in Kenya we have both IDs and passports but Lol! Ugandans only have passports I think..you might end up in Kenyan police cell that day..