• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

Dears, newbie alert! :)

New to the forum and got loads of questions. My interview is on 18th Nov and shall be doing my medicals tomorrow. Need an honest opinion on what are my chances based on the fact that I dint include my baby in the original entry(honest error) but later did in the DS260. Should I go ahead with the process or do I forfeit it this time round and try my hand with subsequent applications?
What do you mean by "honest error"? Was the baby born by the time of your eDV application? If you already had the baby when you applied and did not include the baby on the entry, you will get a visa denial when you go for the interview. The chances of an approval are absolutely non existence, zero percent chance! Sorry for being so blunt, but it's the truth.
What do you mean by "honest error"? Was the baby born by the time of your eDV application? If you already had the baby when you applied and did not include the baby on the entry, you will get a visa denial when you go for the interview. The chances of an approval are absolutely non existence, zero percent chance! Sorry for being so blunt, but it's the truth.
A spade is a spade. If the child was born before you submitted your application and you left him/her out, you would be very wise to forego your chance
Am curious to know why this happened.

If the baby was born before you submitted the EDV entry you will be denied. This is also clearly stated in the instructions for selectees on the dvselectee site:

http://travel.state.gov/content/vis...ed/submit-your-ds-260-online-application.html
Important note: If you had a spouse or children prior to submitting your original entry, but you did not include them on your original entry form, then your case will be disqualified at the time of your visa interview. Neither you nor any of your family members will receive visas. For more information, see the DV Instructions.
It is in bold ,loud and clear. For crying out loud, why would a parent want his kid not to get the immigrant visa?

Karibu....welcome Giteve..before answering your queries you need to confirm my worries
1.Hope ur wife was included in the original EDV
2.Hope ur kid was borne after ur submitting the D260

Ingwe...am a lady. And yes the baby was born before the original entry...she was 8months at the time.

Thing is, I was ignorant of the whole process and am only getting to learn the strings. The cyber agent who helped me with the entry was equally ignorant and advised I shouldnt include her in the entry if I have no intention of travelling with her initially...that I can process her entry later. That was my MAJOR GOOF!

Ingwe...am a lady. And yes the baby was born before the original entry...she was 8months at the time.

Thing is, I was ignorant of the whole process and am only getting to learn the strings. The cyber agent who helped me with the entry was equally ignorant and advised I shouldnt include her in the entry if I have no intention of travelling with her initially...that I can process her entry later. That was my MAJOR GOOF!

You are certain to be denied at interview - so I would just forget DV this year. Don't use those Agents, do it yourself.

Sm1smom, blunt is what I need. I was mis-advised by the cyber agent who helped me complete the entry. Said I shouldnt include her in the entry if I have no intention of travelling with her initially...that I can process her entry later. So you say my chances are nil?

A spade is a spade. If the child was born before you submitted your application and you left him/her out, you would be very wise to forego your chance
Am curious to know why this happened.

It was a mis-led by an agent who helped me fill out the entry...major goof!

Problem is those guys clearly state that you list all children married or unmarried, weather you intent to travel with them or not, so it will be tricky to say i was advised otherwise because the questions are clear, you could have claimed you did not understand the statement but the min academic qualifications are high school grad, so u shd have studied some basics, try sending an email to the nairobi embassy, i mean there is nothing worse that can happen now, if you are to loose the opportunity at least try all options.

It is in bold ,loud and clear. For crying out loud, why would a parent want his kid not to get the immigrant visa?

Ignorance and mis-information. Trust you me, I would not trade my baby for anything...not even for a chance in the land of opportunity. Learnt my lesson though. Tks!

Problem is those guys clearly state that you list all children married or unmarried, weather you intent to travel with them or not, so it will be tricky to say i was advised otherwise because the questions are clear, you could have claimed you did not understand the statement but the min academic qualifications are high school grad, so u shd have studied some basics, try sending an email to the nairobi embassy, i mean there is nothing worse that can happen now, if you are to loose the opportunity at least try all options.

@kakjose, who should I email to? Might you have the address?

Agree with britsimon, don't use an agent next year and read the instructions, which are very clear on this point.

A CO would not be interested in ANY of the above supposed excuses, even if they were the genuine way things happened. The rules on this matter are crystal clear, that it will be denied. Not may - will.

You are certain to be denied at interview - so I would just forget DV this year. Don't use those Agents, do it yourself.

The first question I was asked was based on your case:I was asked whether all my children were included in the initial EDV-I answered yes but the CO asked why I registered the birth certificate for my second daughter late( the second and third born births were registered the same day) she thought I included her later.

@kakjose, who should I email to? Might you have the address?

The embassy will tell you only a CO can decide. So you will pay all the fees and then get denied.
Did you not read the link to the official website I posted earlier? Honestly, I am sure kakjose is trying to help you but he is giving you false hope. The CO has no discretion over this. He must disqualify you.

If you want things done, and to be done well...DO IT YOURSELF. This is a learning point. I hope you were in time to complete DV2016.

All the best

The little things we take for granted or assume they don't matter for now, that we can adjust later in life are the same little things that makes crap out of our life, consequences that cannot be fixed. Still learning...research, confirmations, 2nd opinion can really give you a mile. If you want anything done, done well, it's best to do it yourself. Just a thought.