• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

Had my medicals today.......still have to go tomorrowo_O

day 1
fyi
1.Make sure you have two photos.
2.have three copys of your passport.(people were turned down coz of this)
3.Money to pay ie i paid 24,839Ksh.
4.the earlier you get their the better.gates open at 7 pm :confused:
5.if you know you have (HIV) or you think you have, their is a high chance you have tb.
TB testing takes 8 weeks.
6.if you agree to take a HIV test then ur positive you will have to get a TB test(8 weeks).
7.if your x ray shows you have holes in your longs.you get tested for TB.(8 weeks)
NB.
8.have your 2nl with you.
it is better to scheduled you appointment as early as possible in case of anything.:)
after six weeks of the vaccination it is a must you have a booster whether you have flown out to usa or not
if in usa the boosters will be issued their ,if still in kenya you can go to iom or any hospital but make sure you get a certificate.

1. submit you form with copy of passport
2. counseling
3.blood test.
4.x ray
5.pay at village market cba.
Hi Citizen.K which part of NJ are you,hope to join you soon..Success in your endeavors.
May all the results turn Negative..

Congratulations @Simon
Oh Thanks Mom,Britsimon,Susie ,pasaris and Ingwe you encouraged me to drop the follow to join option-I have now realized the the logic.It was easier for the CO to make final and conclusive decision when her eyes could see all family members.Thanks and thank you again.

Oh Thanks Mom,Britsimon,Susie ,pasaris and Ingwe you encouraged me to drop the follow to join option-I have now realized the the logic.It was easier for the CO to make final and conclusive decision when her eyes could see all family members.Thanks and thank you again.

So - now you need to plan the move. Did you decide how to dispose of your business?

Simon, Congratulations Man. Am next and my issue is here: My middle name bears an initial in my Form Four Certificate, can this be a major issue?! I welcome your guidance on this forum fraternity please.
Do everything possible to prevent suspicion and this can only be done by an affidavit:I was surprised that the KNEC confidential report was on top of all other documents in my file-another family was told to wait for 2 weeks because of luck of a certain document even though they were a little far from me-they didn't want to share their story.I guise it was the KNEC certificate.

Dears, newbie alert! :)

New to the forum and got loads of questions. My interview is on 18th Nov and shall be doing my medicals tomorrow. Need an honest opinion on what are my chances based on the fact that I dint include my baby in the original entry(honest error) but later did in the DS260. Should I go ahead with the process or do I forfeit it this time round and try my hand with subsequent applications?

If the baby was born before you submitted the EDV entry you will be denied. This is also clearly stated in the instructions for selectees on the dvselectee site:

http://travel.state.gov/content/vis...ed/submit-your-ds-260-online-application.html
Important note: If you had a spouse or children prior to submitting your original entry, but you did not include them on your original entry form, then your case will be disqualified at the time of your visa interview. Neither you nor any of your family members will receive visas. For more information, see the DV Instructions.

So - now you need to plan the move. Did you decide how to dispose of your business?
ha ha ha ha...By the way I had earlier on (23th Oct) made reservation for a November 20th flight to NJ ( kshs 66,000 or 733 $. )
December and early Jan flights will be in the range of 1,222$ or ksh 111,000/=.
My wife and children might join me early next year if all goes well.
We might either sell the business or give it out as a gift to my remaining employees..

If the baby was born before you submitted the EDV entry you will be denied. This is also clearly stated in the instructions for selectees on the dvselectee site:

http://travel.state.gov/content/vis...ed/submit-your-ds-260-online-application.html
Important note: If you had a spouse or children prior to submitting your original entry, but you did not include them on your original entry form, then your case will be disqualified at the time of your visa interview. Neither you nor any of your family members will receive visas. For more information, see the DV Instructions.
Guess what:My todays first interaction with the CO was based on that question.It goes like this:
Were all this children (3) included in your initial EDV or some were added later in your ds 260? and I suspect thet's why she brought to attention the late registration of birth certificate for my second daughter. I said they were all included-
There was a system breakdown and it took the CO 10 -15 minutes (while I stood in front of her)to switch to manual interview -writing all my answer on a paper.

Tomorrow the 5th another forum member (Gaturu) dv 2015 Kenya will be in the ring.
Lets all wish him success and the favor of God to be on his side.
I have just talked to him and he is in high spirit, he will definitely bring some good news tomorrow.

Glad to know you dropped the F-T-J option and went the easier route, you can all put your minds at rest now and your family can join you towards the end of the expiration date on your visa if you wish.

Good luck with the move!

Tomorrow the 5th another forum member (Gaturu) dv 2015 Kenya will be in the ring.
Lets all wish him success and the favor of God to be on his side.
I have just talked to him and he is in high spirit, he will definitely bring some good news tomorrow.
Amen. Good luck @Gaturu. May God be with you in his favor.

DV extension is by all official accounts not "not guaranteed", it is "not available". Simon's example of a very specific case with very specific circumstances is very misleading for you. Of course, you can always ask them in your interview, but they will say no.

And it's not a one-year wait. You don't need to leave at all after activatung (yes traveling). It's the maximum time you can stay out the US to finish what you need to, as you indicated you will not be able to make the move permanent within 6 months. This is your oniy realistic option, assuming you want a green card.

Thank you Susie, now I totally understand, that was a unique case. Almost got my hopes high, but thank you for the clarity:D:D

I told you you I might be your neighbor one day- really had to learn Ghanian jokes:you remenber this quote(Simon likes Making a mountain out of a molehill)We shall no longer be Ghana/kenya but new jersians..hah ha

haha hell yea... how could i forget that

[QUOTlE="Simon, post: 2371849, member: 363131"]ha ha ha ha...By the way I had earlier on (23th Oct) made reservation for a November 20th flight to NJ ( kshs 66,000 or 733 $. )
December and early Jan flights will be in the range of 1,222$ or ksh 111,000/=.
My wife and children might join me early next year if all goes well.
We might either sell the business or give it out as a gift to my remaining employees..[/QUOTE]

All the best Simon in your relocation n new life. May you make the best and wisest decisions. :)