• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

U mean to say that I will not get interview for dv 2015?
The chances of being interviewed with AF87*** are NOT nil...however as someone already said, do enter DV2016. Personally I do think the cutt-off this DV2015 will be about 85 - 90K. We will need to look at the CEAC data and study the visa issuance trends for the next couple of months. The exclusion of Nigeria should in my view should give those with high CNs a chance... If Ethiopia is managed separately and not included into the rest of AF like DV2014, I am sure you will stand a chance as well

sorry shamah about this, but at least you are aware of the situation early and can plan accordingly. I wish the US wouldn;t raise peoples hope by notifying them they've won a green card then dashing their hopes by selecting too many people.

P.S. Simon my friend responded that she can sponsor me. I can now finalise sending out my application and wait for the next step!

Where in your selection notification letter does it say you or anyone has "won a green card"????

Where in your selection notification letter does it say you or anyone has "won a green card"????
okay so the letter doesn't say that but its commonly called a green card lottery and over here when you win the lottery we say you've won a green card. The truth is me and most of the people I know are naive when we apply for the "DV" lottery and have no idea what a merry go round you get on once you win. It is what it is let me stay positive :)

sorry shamah about this, but at least you are aware of the situation early and can plan accordingly. I wish the US wouldn;t raise peoples hope by notifying them they've won a green card then dashing their hopes by selecting too many people.

P.S. Simon my friend responded that she can sponsor me. I can now finalise sending out my application and wait for the next step!
hi Atoz..
did u get a host?

The power of Internet.

okay so the letter doesn't say that but its commonly called a green card lottery and over here when you win the lottery we say you've won a green card. The truth is me and most of the people I know are naive when we apply for the "DV" lottery and have no idea what a merry go round you get on once you win. It is what it is let me stay positive :)
Yes ,I agree with you that over this side, When we get selected ,we say we have won green card although our conscious is aware that its the beginning of a long process.

Hey simon yes i am now letting people know that its a long process, winning the lottery is just the first step in a long process. Do you have all the documentation ready for your interview?

Hey simon yes i am now letting people know that its a long process, winning the lottery is just the first step in a long process. Do you have all the documentation ready for your interview?

This are the documents I have:
1. Valid Travel passport
2. 4 2x2 passports (taken at village market)
3. Certificate of Good Conduct
4. Marriage Certificate
5. Birth Certificate
6. Original KCSE Certificate -Have visited KNEC and told to wait for two weeks
7. Medical Next week
8. DS 260 Confirmation
9. 2NL
10. Any omission please? let me know.

Last edited:

Ok but to be fair your naïveté is not the US government'/ fault. Every single piece of official information, from the lottery instructions through to the selection letter, is very clear about what you have actually won (ie a possible chance to interview for a green card and that nothing is guaranteed). If you had read the instructions before entering you should not be surprised...

1. Valid Travel passport
4. Marriage Certificate
5. Birth Certificate
6. Original KCSE Certificate (will be visit KNEC offices soon)
7. Medical Next week
8. DS 260 Confirmation
9. 2NL
may be an affidavit of support unless ur living with a relative and also maybe book a flight its cheaper to fly in dec and jan during winter

1. Valid Travel passport
4. Marriage Certificate
5. Birth Certificate
6. Original KCSE Certificate (will be visit KNEC offices soon)
7. Medical Next week
8. DS 260 Confirmation
9. 2NL
Hi
The marriage certificate- i think you need, to have that certified at the marriage section, registrar general's office, meaning the attorney general's office i.e sheria house. Am sharing with you what the people at ag's office advised when i told them i am going for a us visa interview.
How much did you pay for the photos at v/market?
i see you have a 2nd NL! Best wishes.

I did an e-mail to the nairobi US embassy on the financial ability/ affidavit and this is what they said "Please note that Form 1-864/1-134, Affidavit of Support is not required for Diversity Visa cases"...................... I have quoted verbatim ie copied and pasted.
All said, one will need a host in the us- very important.

for those who are married, what do they mean by marriage certification which is certified. is it really necessary as long as it is an original. any one with a good advice.

Case scenario: bad chq $300+ written 1987, nolle proseque entered. Case disposition available. 4 traffic tickets not involving dui,dwi..fines paid and receipts available. All mentioned in ds260. Your opinion?[/QUOTE
Sometimes, it's good to let sleeping dogs lie. Police report is supposed to be the one talking for you. I have never seen the new ds260. This all shows you to be unstable in your dealings. Sorry but you might find yourself on AP for sometime.

Hi guys..i have a question..
I got selecteed and my case number was 2015AF00080XXX then
i submitted my ds260 form on 19th May and on 20th may i got my verification..
case number was 2015AF80XXX...
1) the numbers are the same.. at the end..what i didnt understand is 80xxx is realy a huge number
2) what chances do i stand because i havent heard anything from kcc since then
please help..cause i am panicking i have all necessary documents with me..just waiting for the interview
###tanzania###
You'll hear from them about July next year. Your interview will be around September 2015. Take your time. Thank God you won the lottery. Better than nothing.