• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

I can host you. send me a private message for more details
This is a good Kenyan spirit. I wish Zambians can also do this for others. I was on DV2014 with a high number. Was not called for interview. Tried my Zambian friends in the USA to host me and I drew a blank. You may think people did not take me on because I'm a bad guy. Not true. I a born again Christian. Born again 1987. I have no scandal on my record. Zambian are not good at hosting their friends. I remember the times I used to visit London a lot, Zambian living in London were jittery even to invite for for tea at their apartments. Shame Zambia. Emulate the Ghanians, Nigerians and now Kenyans. Harambee Kenya. I am happy for you guys.

Take a look back at the lotteries from 2009 to 2013 (exclude 2012 as it was an anomaly). Each of those years they selected around 100k selectees, sometimes with a small second draw so perhaps as many as 110k. In each of those years, the visas did not run out and they issued around 50k visas. Then in 2014 they inexplicably increased the selectees by 30% with predictably sad results. The reality was they didn't need those extra selectees, and in fact it appears that better than usual response rates mean they probably needed less selectees than previous years.

So, Dv2015 has 125k selectees, which is still way too many. So yes, current won't happen in 2015 either.

Is that a new normal, hard to guess....
It's OK for them to have selected more. Because if they didn't, I wasn't going to be selected and meet nice people like @Britsimon. My number was AF1098** . You can imagine! Now how do they come up with such crazy numbers as that. The total number of Africans in DV2014 was
59359. Then how did they come up with AF1098**. Confusing. The other thing that confused me is that in DV2013, it was current in November. There were about 119 Zambians that won the DV. But only 13 were invited for interviews. Could it be that most of the 119 were not qualified?

It's OK for them to have selected more. Because if they didn't, I wasn't going to be selected and meet nice people like @Britsimon. My number was AF1098** . You can imagine! Now how do they come up with such crazy numbers as that. The total number of Africans in DV2014 was
59359. Then how did they come up with AF1098**. Confusing. The other thing that confused me is that in DV2013, it was current in November. There were about 119 Zambians that won the DV. But only 13 were invited for interviews. Could it be that most of the 119 were not qualified?

I will write an explanation of the holes today. For the Zambians, it would appear that many decided not to proceed with the application after winning...

This are the documents I have:
1. Valid Travel passport
2. 4 2x2 passports (taken at village market)
3. Certificate of Good Conduct
4. Marriage Certificate
5. Birth Certificate
6. Original KCSE Certificate (will be visit KNEC offices soon)
7. Medical Next week
8. DS 260 Confirmation
9. 2NL
10. Any omission please? let me know.

Make sure you have Certificate of Good Conduct for all family members 16 and above

I think so too. But Simon, the difference is too much. From 119 to 13!

Well some were over 81k of course, but it is such a small number that it can be skewed by a couple of large families. And of course, some of the 119 could have been interviewed elsewhere.

Hi
The marriage certificate- i think you need, to have that certified at the marriage section, registrar general's office, meaning the attorney general's office i.e sheria house. Am sharing with you what the people at ag's office advised when i told them i am going for a us visa interview.
How much did you pay for the photos at v/market?
i see you have a 2nd NL! Best wishes.
photos ksh 500 have just paid for knec and its kshs 2,320 and they say I call after 2 weeks.

Last edited:
so i hea that the gov has recalled all the marriage cert and people should go to the ag to get another.....but is it true....

Congrats to Jay jules for been granted VISA(Nairobi Embassy).She will give updates soon this morning she has just relayed good news by text messaging.Still at the Embassy compound.

Last edited:
Congrats to Jay jules for been granted VISA(Nairobi Embassy).She will give updates soon.
am happy for him/her and i just got this in the
Your forms have been received and pending
further embassy review for the
continuation of your visa processing. KCC is
currently scheduling visa
numbers for your region for the month of
November. Please refer to the
visa bulletin at www.travel.state.gov to locate
the current numbers
being processed. This bulletin is updated after
the 15th day of each
month .....