• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

am happy for him/her and i just got this in the
Your forms have been received and pending
further embassy review for the
continuation of your visa processing. KCC is
currently scheduling visa
numbers for your region for the month of
November. Please refer to the
visa bulletin at www.travel.state.gov to locate
the current numbers
being processed. This bulletin is updated after
the 15th day of each
month .....
so what does this mean......
What that means is that:
1. The scheduling for November Interviews is already complete.
2. They want you to check the updated VISA bulletin for the month of December to know
whether you fall under that category
3. December 2NL will be out by 15th October.

am happy for him/her and i just got this in the
Your forms have been received and pending
further embassy review for the
continuation of your visa processing. KCC is
currently scheduling visa
numbers for your region for the month of
November. Please refer to the
visa bulletin at www.travel.state.gov to locate
the current numbers
being processed. This bulletin is updated after
the 15th day of each
month .....
so what does this mean......
What that means is that:
1. The scheduling for November Interviews is already complete.
2. They want you to check the updated VISA bulletin for the month of December to know
whether you fall under that category
3. December 2NL will be out by 15th October.

Errr, no. It is a generic reply and none of the 3 points Simon mentions are said by that message (although may be true).

The only important part of the message you quoted is that your forms are processed (which is better than still processing). Given that they are about to release the November VB you can expect to be scheduled for interview in the next batch of interviews if your number is current already or becomes current in the November VB.

Errr, no. It is a generic reply and none of the 3 points Simon mentions are said by that message (although may be true).

The only important part of the message you quoted is that your forms are processed (which is better than still processing). Given that they are about to release the November VB you can expect to be scheduled for interview in the next batch of interviews if your number is current already or becomes current in the November VB.
Thanks for the clarification.

thanks hopefuly il get the 2nl next week since i was current for nov.......my cn is 2015AF000128xx

Last edited by a moderator:
so i hea that the gov has recalled all the marriage cert and people should go to the ag to get another.....but is it true....
No:They recalled ALL UNUSED booklets which the Clergy's are still holding to be replaced with NEW ones that complies with Our new marriage bill passed the other day.

This is a good Kenyan spirit. I wish Zambians can also do this for others. I was on DV2014 with a high number. Was not called for interview. Tried my Zambian friends in the USA to host me and I drew a blank. You may think people did not take me on because I'm a bad guy. Not true. I a born again Christian. Born again 1987. I have no scandal on my record. Zambian are not good at hosting their friends. I remember the times I used to visit London a lot, Zambian living in London were jittery even to invite for for tea at their apartments. Shame Zambia. Emulate the Ghanians, Nigerians and now Kenyans. Harambee Kenya. I am happy for you guys.
That is up for a bit of debate.
I am a Kenyan and i was once in Zambia where i found very hospitable people! Other factors such as ability to host could be at play here.If you have been to that wonderful town called Livingstone, you know that Zambians are god people.
Sad to know that only 11% of Zambian 2013 selectees eventually made it what about 2014? Someone do a study about awareness, ability to see the entire dv process through etc. Any honest Zambian in dv 2015 stuck? give a shout and let your brothers and sisters hear you.

@Britsimon ,sussie.
I keenly followed the thread about leaving when you are comfortably settled, up and earning well to go and start all over again in America.Britsimon said he did this and came through but urged deep thought before the leap. sussie worried about crime in S.A ( somehow similar pattern here in Kenya today)
I am in similar dilemma here. I Am happy here - good income and family but crime graft and poor government services worry me. Someone used unkind language in against 3rd world countries without advancing any argument except that systems work in developed economies.
My wife is a horticulturist and am a small scale entrepreneur roads contractor. Do you think we will somehow find our stepping space and continue without putting our kids through suffering if we relocate? Do you feel that kids will be better off as this is probably my main motivation?

Hello dv 2015 family, thanx all for ur informative contributions to this forum. I have been granted visa today! I give glory n honour to God.

This is how it went..
Arrived at embassy 6.40am. The gates had been opened n there was a long queue. Was told to go straight on coz i was with my baby. Was checked at gate 1 then gate 2.
Then proceeded in where was asked for 2nl then was given a number n told to wait
Waited 10 mins then my number was called to window 5. Here was asked to produce original n copies of pp, bc, police cert, form ds260 confirmation, kcse cert. Was asked if av bn to us..i said no. If av ever bn married..i said no. Was then told to pay at cashier then wait.
Waited like 30 mins then was called at couter 8. Here my finger prints were taken then told to wait.
Waited about 15 mins then was called at counter 10. This is where i met a male co who welcomed me with a smile.

Co: welcome
Me: (smiling) thank you
Co: waves at my son then tels me to raise my hand n swear. He then takes my fingerprints again
Co: who r u going to stay with in us
Me: my uncle
Co: so n so?(mentions name)
Me: yes
Co: wen did u clear high school
Me: answer
Co: where do u work currently
Co: u work as a
Co: how long have u worked there
Co: do u have sole custody of ur son
Co: how old is he
Co then type things then after a moment..
Co: sorry how long did u say u have worked at...
Co: congratulations u have been granted visa

@Britsimon ,sussie.
I keenly followed the thread about leaving when you are comfortably settled, up and earning well to go and start all over again in America.Britsimon said he did this and came through but urged deep thought before the leap. sussie worried about crime in S.A ( somehow similar pattern here in Kenya today)
I am in similar dilemma here. I Am happy here - good income and family but crime graft and poor government services worry me. Someone used unkind language in against 3rd world countries without advancing any argument except that systems work in developed economies.
My wife is a horticulturist and am a small scale entrepreneur roads contractor. Do you think we will somehow find our stepping space and continue without putting our kids through suffering if we relocate? Do you feel that kids will be better off as this is probably my main motivation?

This is very difficult. It may be harder for you and your wife to find jobs (it may not be - I don't know- but you may have to change focus for example). One thing that I have very little doubt on though is that even if your children say...have to have smaller bedrooms than in Kenya or whatever so maybe doesn't "look" as well off - that their longer term opportunities and quality of life in the US will probably be much better than they could get in Kenya. And same for their children, etc. So I guess it depends how long term you want to look ahead.

Hello dv 2015 family, thanx all for ur informative contributions to this forum. I have been granted visa today! I give glory n honour to God.

This is how it went..
Arrived at embassy 6.40am. The gates had been opened n there was a long queue. Was told to go straight on coz i was with my baby. Was checked at gate 1 then gate 2.
Then proceeded in where was asked for 2nl then was given a number n told to wait
Waited 10 mins then my number was called to window 5. Here was asked to produce original n copies of pp, bc, police cert, form ds260 confirmation, kcse cert. Was asked if av bn to us..i said no. If av ever bn married..i said no. Was then told to pay at cashier then wait.
Waited like 30 mins then was called at couter 8. Here my finger prints were taken then told to wait.
Waited about 15 mins then was called at counter 10. This is where i met a male co who welcomed me with a smile.

Co: waves at my son then tels me to raise my hand n swear. He then takes my fingerprints again
He,He..That was a very tough Interview.So many question and request to re-confirm your answers.

This is very difficult. It may be harder for you and your wife to find jobs (it may not be - I don't know- but you may have to change focus for example). One thing that I have very little doubt on though is that even if your children say...have to have smaller bedrooms than in Kenya or whatever so maybe doesn't "look" as well off - that their longer term opportunities and quality of life in the US will probably be much better than they could get in Kenya. And same for their children, etc. So I guess it depends how long term you want to look ahead.

Thanks sussie.
I am focusing. veery long term indeed. kid are below 7. The come first in the list of my priorities, their education its qaulity, health, security etc.
If i were alone, i would not mind a simple almost money free countryside life.
Change focus probably means we change careers? opportunities for roads engineers and agriculturalists not that many or hard to get in us?

E="JeyJules, post: 2365998, member: 363761"]Hello dv 2015 family, thanx all for ur informative contributions to this forum. I have been granted visa today! I give glory n honour to God.

This is how it went..

Me: (smiling) thank you[/QUOTE]

This is how it went..

This is how it went..

Congrats to you and your son. That's great.

Thanks sussie.
I am focusing. veery long term indeed. kid are below 7. The come first in the list of my priorities, their education its qaulity, health, security etc.
If i were alone, i would not mind a simple almost money free countryside life.
Change focus probably means we change careers? opportunities for roads engineers and agriculturalists not that many or hard to get in us?

I have no idea what the jobs market for your fields are...it may be good,it may be bad, I don't know. The point I was trying to make, obviously not clearly :) , is that this may be something you need to be prepared to do if you want to give your kids better chances in life.

Last edited:
I have no idea what the jobs market for your fields are...it may be good,it may be bad, I don't know. The point I was trying to make, obviously not clearly :) , is that this may be something you need to be prepared to do if you want to give your kids better chances in life.
Asante (means thanks).
I will be meeting a guy who left Boston for Nairobi after 13 years later for an opinion. I will also pose the question to Kenyans in the usa and see if i get any help.

That is up for a bit of debate.
I am a Kenyan and i was once in Zambia where i found very hospitable people! Other factors such as ability to host could be at play here.If you have been to that wonderful town called Livingstone, you know that Zambians are god people.
Sad to know that only 11% of Zambian 2013 selectees eventually made it what about 2014? Someone do a study about awareness, ability to see the entire dv process through etc. Any honest Zambian in dv 2015 stuck? give a shout and let your brothers and sisters hear you.
In statistics, a pvalue of <0.05 does not always yield a zero in the data. What I said is true. There are Zambians who can host you and many will not. Like I can host you if you came around in Lusaka. If you think I'm lying, do a small research on a few Zambians that live abroad. I have been traveling since i was a child. Other people, especially Nigerians and Ghanians are really good. Also Congolese.

I have a bit of an idea. The American job market is jittery on foreign qualifications especially those from the third world. You really have to be starting afresh in most instances. But if you have a bachelor's degree, you may do an American masters on top of it then you are home and dry. If you already have a masters, just do another masters in USA. But people from other countries that have good universities may be fine. For example Universities in South Africa ie UCT or in Egypt like University of Cairo may be OK. UK, Australia, Germany universities are ok.