• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

The VB of September shows that 8000 case numbers will go for interviews can u help pliz to understand this
What that means is those whose CN fall below 8000 (Africa) qualify to be scheduled for interview in the month of October.However,late submission of ds 260 might cause their cases to be rescheduled to other months i.e Nov,Dec...

We'll certainly no earlier than September 2015, but in reality I think you have only a small chance of receiving the interview at all. The AF number cut off at 81k in 2014, and I am expecting the cutoff to come about the same point, perhaps even lower. All you can do is wait and see. Have a backup plan and also enter DV2016.
May i be guided to understand why DV 2015 should be likened to dv 2014 trend.I thought Dv 2014 they had picked more approx 140k.Did that happen to dv 2015.Does this also mean a trend has been set where the month of September will never be current anymore?

May i be guided to understand why DV 2015 should be likened to dv 2014 trend.I thought Dv 2014 they had picked more approx 140k.Did that happen to dv 2015.Does this also mean a trend has been set where the month of September will never be current anymore?

Take a look back at the lotteries from 2009 to 2013 (exclude 2012 as it was an anomaly). Each of those years they selected around 100k selectees, sometimes with a small second draw so perhaps as many as 110k. In each of those years, the visas did not run out and they issued around 50k visas. Then in 2014 they inexplicably increased the selectees by 30% with predictably sad results. The reality was they didn't need those extra selectees, and in fact it appears that better than usual response rates mean they probably needed less selectees than previous years.

So, Dv2015 has 125k selectees, which is still way too many. So yes, current won't happen in 2015 either.

Is that a new normal, hard to guess....

Simon help me here I submitted my D's 260 form around June and made an error so I contacted kcc to unlock my form they did that in august .will this affecte my interview date or they will consider the June not August?

Hi all, Wanted to find out what I should fill out in the DS260 form for the question "Do you have documentation to establish that you have received vaccinations in accordance with U.S. law?"
I only have yellow fever vaccine records... what did you guys fill?
I said yes,since by the time of going to the Embassy ,you will have done so.No big deal though.

Take a look back at the lotteries from 2009 to 2013 (exclude 2012 as it was an anomaly). Each of those years they selected around 100k selectees, sometimes with a small second draw so perhaps as many as 110k. In each of those years, the visas did not run out and they issued around 50k visas. Then in 2014 they inexplicably increased the selectees by 30% with predictably sad results. The reality was they didn't need those extra selectees, and in fact it appears that better than usual response rates mean they probably needed less selectees than previous years.

So, Dv2015 has 125k selectees, which is still way too many. So yes, current won't happen in 2015 either.

Is that a new normal, hard to guess....
Concern well answered.Thanks a lot.

Simon help me here I submitted my D's 260 form around June and made an error so I contacted kcc to unlock my form they did that in august .will this affecte my interview date or they will consider the June not August?
Am sharing a name with the Super moderator(Britsimon)some time I get confused to which (simon) is referred.For the Moderator I suggest you address him as Brit Simon since am unable to edit my name.
That aside,It has been said before(and verified) that Unlocking does not affect your case being scheduled for Interview.I being one of them I Unlocked mine in August 21 and has already been scheduled for Interview.Whats your case Number last digit?

@ Shamah,waht britsimon is telling you is that you will probably be interviewed in SEPT 2015.(i repeat,PROBABLY).The final cutoff number for AF in Dv2014 was 81k,your is 87k,so incase you are lucky and the final cutoff for sept 2015 falls below your case number then you'l be good to go.(in reality that is unlikely),that is why you should apply for dv2016..........just in case.
Are you still around?thanks for sharing with us your valuable experience.Wish you all the best wherever you are.

Am sharing a name with the Super moderator(Britsimon)some time I get confused to which (simon) is referred.For the Moderator I suggest you address him as Brit Simon since am unable to edit my name.
That aside,It has been said before(and verified) that Unlocking does not affect your case being scheduled for Interview.I being one of them I Unlocked mine in August 21 and has already been scheduled for Interview.Whats your case Number last digit?
its 87***

Simon u answered me then u asked my Cn that's 87*** I was trying to consult from you if u can predict when I can expect to get interviewed

Simon u answered me then u asked my Cn that's 87*** I was trying to consult from you if u can predict when I can expect to get interviewed

Britsimon already answered that. I stand corrected but I believe that excepting the very unusual 2012, that number has never or almost never been interviewed before September and for a number of years of history would not have been current - not just last year but for many before 2009.

I didn't want to water down the answer you got from the Expert Mr BritSimon and Veteran dv 2014 Prince John.For me to answer your question I had to inquire whether DV 2015 & DV 2014 share similarities and which was well answered based on facts.My opinion is this.No one can certainly or 100% say your number will NOT be reached.But what is obvious based on dv 2014 ,is that your CN falls outside the September Interview.

I really Empathize with you when answering this question.You expect an answer that will say "It is possible"but I would rather give you facts than giving you some hope.Lets turn to DIVINE INTERVENTION and I will certainly pray that God may change things if it be His WILL.

sorry shamah about this, but at least you are aware of the situation early and can plan accordingly. I wish the US wouldn;t raise peoples hope by notifying them they've won a green card then dashing their hopes by selecting too many people.

P.S. Simon my friend responded that she can sponsor me. I can now finalise sending out my application and wait for the next step!

The VB of September shows that 8000 case numbers will go for interviews can u help pliz to understand this
Hi Shamah...this is not entirely true...the cut-off might be 8,000 but the number of Case Numbers is usually far fewer due to the so called 'Hole Theory'.