• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

Hi guys..i have a question..
I got selecteed and my case number was 2015AF00080XXX then
i submitted my ds260 form on 19th May and on 20th may i got my verification..
case number was 2015AF80XXX...
1) the numbers are the same.. at the end..what i didnt understand is 80xxx is realy a huge number
2) what chances do i stand because i havent heard anything from kcc since then
please help..cause i am panicking i have all necessary documents with me..just waiting for the interview
###tanzania###

1) the numbers are the same.. at the end..what i didnt understand is 80xxx is realy a huge number
please help..cause i am panicking i have all necessary documents with me..just waiting for the interview
###tanzania###
Hi Neighbor,If dv 2015 case behaves the same as dv 2014 (as some have predicted),you will be hanging at the edge ( Your Interview will be in September 15th-30th 2015)
Kindly clarify the issue with the two numbers in your statement (I got selecteed and my case number was 2015AF00080XXX theni submitted my ds260 form on 19th May and on 20th may i got my verification..case number was 2015AF80XXX..)

Last edited:
Me to had the same problem.i don't have a close relative in the USA and the many(former greencard selectees) I knew never had their contacts.Your case might be current in July 2015 and hence don't trouble yourself so much since you can fill the ds 260 at least 3 months( Feb,March..) before the current month.But, if you must do it now,I will request a friend of mine to host you since he previously hosted another person with the same problem and he has offered to do so.(kindly note that there is absolutely NO strings attached).By the I can only do that if you are from Kenya?
Hi Simon,

Thanks so much for your help. Yes I am from Kenya so if he can help me I will be so grateful. I am worried that if I don't fill the DS260 soon I may run out of time as almost everyone seems to have filled it in already.

###tanzania###
you will probably have your interview next year august or September ................... thats according to the visa bulletin for dv 2014 but it ended at 81,100 so if ur case number is higher than that then you have a slight chance which is very minimal ..............but be patient hopefully u will receive ur 2nl 6 weeks in advance before the interview date.

Hi Neighbor,If dv 2015 case behaves the same as dv 2014 (as some have predicted),you will be hanging at the edge (Interview will be in September 15th-30th 2015)
Kindly clarify the issue with the two numbers in your statement (I got selecteed and my case number was 2015AF00080XXX theni submitted my ds260 form on 19th May and on 20th may i got my verification..case number was 2015AF80XXX..)
your case number for example...000003xx mine is 00080XXX.. then after submission i got 2015AF80xxx Is it the same number??

Hi Simon,

Thanks so much for your help. Yes I am from Kenya so if he can help me I will be so grateful. I am worried that if I don't fill the DS260 soon I may run out of time as almost everyone seems to have filled it in already.
My little knowledge and the insights I have gotten from this forum(previous dv 2014 & now current dv 2015 posts).I cannot hesitate to inform you that sending your DS 260 early does NOT in any way make your case jump the queue.Take my words( a promise is a promise).I will require to contact the person and present your issue in the course of this month.

your case number for example...000003xx mine is 00080XXX.. then after submission i got 2015AF80xxx Is it the same number??
Sorry for the delay,am somehow busy filling some greencards for clients and have just checked my DS 260 confirmation and the details are as follows

Complete On..........19th may 2014
Case number..........2015AF000003**
Confirmation. No...AA00xxxxxxxx

and then bar code:Actually the numbers are the same.

Okay thanks Simon. Will wait to hear from you. In the meantime will also try and hustle to get someone

Okay thanks Simon. Will wait to hear from you. In the meantime will also try and hustle to get someone
Your own initiative is the BETTER option and hence engage FULL DRIVE but don't get stress up for something solvable.

hi iam a kenyan from mombasa currently working in uganda.. watsap me we talk abt it I can link u up.. I won 2014 bt had I high CN.
+xxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by a moderator:
@ayub: public posting of personal information is not allowed, your posting has been edited accordingly. If you need to link up with anyone in particular send them your personal information via PM.

@ayub: public posting of personal information is not allowed, your posting has been edited accordingly. If you need to link up with anyone in particular send them your personal information via PM.
I was just tryng to help and thats the only way I could go abt it.. otherwse I apologize for it.

hi iam a kenyan from mombasa currently working in uganda.. watsap me we talk abt it I can link u up.. I won 2014 bt had I high CN.
+xxxxxxxxxxx
You mean linking Atoz to someone in the USA,that would be pretty fine.

Hi Simon,

Keep the forum updated,we need your input (The progress of your case).
Our personal experiences,will make people appreciate the POWER and IMPORTANCE of social media and such forums.

Hi Ayub,

Thanks for trying to help me. Will try and PM you to get the info.
Hi Atoz.. I dont know how I can reach u bt incase I do I will link u up with my relatives in US.. who were going to host me..

Hi..

I was going thru my DS260 and found out my previous 2 work From and To dates are different then on the reference letter by 2 days , also my US visit in 2000 date is 13 instead of 14.

Do you think I need to request KCC to unlock my DS260 so can make above changes , or inform the CO during the interview about the mistakes.

Thanks..

Hi..

I was going thru my DS260 and found out my previous 2 work From and To dates are different then on the reference letter by 2 days , also my US visit in 2000 date is 13 instead of 14.

Do you think I need to request KCC to unlock my DS260 so can make above changes , or inform the CO during the interview about the mistakes.

Thanks..

You can make the changes at the time of your interview. No need to unlock the DS-form just for these errors only.