• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

I answered that she is my sister- in - law.....

OK - that makes sense and is a better answer to Nayfara's question. Being hosted by a relative is a pretty strong indication of support and answers the public charge concern (for many embassies in AF).

halo guys...Today i was granted with the visa.
I woke up 4:00 am then a prayer.
Afterwards boarded matatu to embassy.
Reached embassy at 5:40, already along queue.At around 6:50 , we were already inside embassy.
Then they requested for our documents , that is:
1.good conduct certificate from police
2. high school certificate
3. birth certificate
4.passport
5.passport photos
also included their copies.
Then i was instruted to go and pay the money amounting to 29700.After that I returned the receipt for payment back to counter , where they had took my documents.
Then came an hour of anxiously waiting for results, in no time I was called to counter to have interview They asked just simple questions like:
1.where are you going in usa?
2.who will host you?
3.your relationship with to the host?
4.what you did after high school?

Glad all documents were good and there came the sweet words " congratulation your visa has been granted".Then gave me the green sheet of paper .Thank you all , for your contributions on this forum.Dv2015 cheeeeers!!!
big congrat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How many dv 2015 did you meet at the Embassy,what about the one you attended medicals with?

I met with some guys whom we were together at medics bt some were under different visa types ...like marriage and refugee...but there is a family who will be having their interview kesho who are under dv2015...

I met with some guys whom we were together at medics bt some were under different visa types ...like marriage and refugee...but there is a family who will be having their interview kesho who are under dv2015...
Kesho (swahili word meaning tomorrow).Did you take their contacts?Tell them to share their (couple experience).

Reached embassy at 5:40, already along queue.At around 6:50 , we were already inside embassy.
3. birth certificate
4.passport
5.passport photos
Then i was instruted to go and pay the money amounting to 29700.After that I returned the receipt for payment back to counter , where they had took my documents.
Then came an hour of anxiously waiting for results, in no time I was called to counter to have interview They asked just simple questions like:
2.who will host you?

Glad all documents were good and there came the sweet words " congratulation your visa has been granted".Then gave me the green sheet of paper .Thank you all , for your contributions on this forum.Dv2015 cheeeeers!!!
Congra Weldonbett. Your success inspires the rest of us.

3. birth certificate
4.passport
5.passport photos
2.who will host you?

congrats good well done

Can one get a visa refusal on the ground of having been denied a B1/B2 visa?

Not because of the visa denial itself, but if the visa was denied for something that would also lead to an immigrant visa denial (like a criminal record) yes. If it was denied because could not overcome assumption of immigrant intent that would obviously not be a problem for a dv visa.

Broad maybe but, be careful too as eg they have immigration violatons as not moral turpitude - which they indeed may not be but in some cases they can still get you a visa denial.

True that. CIMT is what the rules say - but not all CIMT will be a problem, and other things could also not be on that list but cause an issue...

Case scenario: bad chq $300+ written 1987, nolle proseque entered. Case disposition available. 4 traffic tickets not involving dui,dwi..fines paid and receipts available. All mentioned in ds260. Your opinion?

kwani there was no other person who went for interviews this week...
They opted to be silent.Yesterday Weldon said he met a couple who were scheduled for interview today.I hope they give us their side of the story.

Hi Everyone, Looking for suggestions. I am having trouble getting a host to fill in their address on the for DS-260. One friend that I asked has not responded and the other one said she can't host me. I don't have any relatives there. What should I do??
Me to had the same problem.i don't have a close relative in the USA and the many(former greencard selectees) I knew never had their contacts.Your case might be current in July 2015 and hence don't trouble yourself so much since you can fill the ds 260 at least 3 months( Feb,March..) before the current month.But, if you must do it now,I will request a friend of mine to host you since he previously hosted another person with the same problem and he has offered to do so.(kindly note that there is absolutely NO strings attached).By the I can only do that if you are from Kenya?