• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

Changing at the CO desk:would the Co request to know the reason and would it in any way determine whether the CO might ask for financial proof?

It depends on the reason for the change. If the address change is from a relative to staying with another host who is a stranger, that would weaken the case, and in that case I would personally change the address at the POE. If on the other hand the change of address offers more financial security, or no difference, I would bring that up at the interview...

It depends on the reason for the change. If the address change is from a relative to staying with another host who is a stranger, that would weaken the case, and in that case I would personally change the address at the POE. If on the other hand the change of address offers more financial security, or no difference, I would bring that up at the interview...
Thanks for the insight (POE)

Thanks for the insight (POE)

Mind you, if you plan to make that change at the POE, don't expect them to ask you if you wish to make the change (like someone came back and reported about not being asked if he/she wanted to change their address at the POE), you may have to initiate that discussion.

Mind you, if you plan to make that change at the POE, don't expect them to ask you if you wish to make the change (like someone came back and reported about not being asked if he/she wanted to change their address at the POE), you may have to initiate that discussion.
Awesome,Kindly elaborate what goes on at the POE(at what point do you initiate).

Last edited:
i need advice guys....want to change the host plus the address that i filled in DS, should i wait till interview or i unlock the DS again?
king regards buddies.
Hi Kim15 you can do that at the Embassy or at the POE...shouldn't be a big deal

If you have been selected for DV2015, you will be given a set of instructions and an appointment from the Kentucky Consular Center. More information about the Diversity Visa process:

Please Read Carefully!

To qualify for the 2015 Diversity Visa, you must meet the following requirements:

1. You must have completed a formal course of elementary and secondary education comparable to 12 years of elementary and secondary education (high school) in the U.S. Vocational degrees, without secondary certificates, are not considered equivalent to a U.S. high school education. The U.S. Embassy Nairobi consults with our regional embassies to define what the comparable standard is for high school education in your country.

2. On your initial E-DV application, you must have listed your spouse, even if you are currently separated from him/her, unless you are legally separated. If you are legally separated or divorced, you do not need to list your former spouse.

3. On your initial E-DV application, you must have listed ALL of your living children who are unmarried and under 21 years old. This includes your natural children, your spouse’s children, or children you have formally adopted in accordance with the laws of your country. Unless your child is already a U.S. citizen or a U.S. Legal Permanent Resident.

4. You must have entered the correct photograph of each individual into the E-DV system.

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/diversity-visa/instructions.html

• For Kenya, you must have passed the Kenyan Certificate of Secondary Examination (KCSE) with a minimum average score of D – (Minus). For pre-1986, the Kenya Certificate of Education (KCE) score must be a minimum of Division IV.
  • For Burundi, you must have one of the following: Diplôme D’Etat, Diplôme A2, Diplôme A3, Diplôme D6, Diplôme D7, or Diplôme d’Humanités Générales.
  • For Eritrea, you must have a minimum of five D grades on the Eritrean Secondary Education Certificate.
  • For Mauritius, you must have passing credit (at least 6 units) in English Language on Cambridge O-level certificate, plus minimum credit (at least 6 units) in four other subjects.
  • For Rwanda, you must have a passing score on the Rwandan National Exam as administered by the Rwandan Education Board. For 2007-present at least 10 points; For 1997-2006 at least 1.5 points.
  • For Uganda, you must have the Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) A-level certificate with a minimum of one principal pass and one secondary pass out of four total subject exams.
  • For South Sudan, you must have a School Leaving Certificate issued either by the South Sudan Ministry of Education or the Sudan Ministry of Education.

If you have been selected for DV2015, you will be given a set of instructions and an appointment from the Kentucky Consular Center. More information about the Diversity Visa process:

Please Read Carefully!

To qualify for the 2015 Diversity Visa, you must meet the following requirements:

1. You must have completed a formal course of elementary and secondary education comparable to 12 years of elementary and secondary education (high school) in the U.S. Vocational degrees, without secondary certificates, are not considered equivalent to a U.S. high school education. The U.S. Embassy Nairobi consults with our regional embassies to define what the comparable standard is for high school education in your country.

2. On your initial E-DV application, you must have listed your spouse, even if you are currently separated from him/her, unless you are legally separated. If you are legally separated or divorced, you do not need to list your former spouse.

3. On your initial E-DV application, you must have listed ALL of your living children who are unmarried and under 21 years old. This includes your natural children, your spouse’s children, or children you have formally adopted in accordance with the laws of your country. Unless your child is already a U.S. citizen or a U.S. Legal Permanent Resident.

4. You must have entered the correct photograph of each individual into the E-DV system.

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/diversity-visa/instructions.html

• For Kenya, you must have passed the Kenyan Certificate of Secondary Examination (KCSE) with a minimum average score of D – (Minus). For pre-1986, the Kenya Certificate of Education (KCE) score must be a minimum of Division IV.
  • For Burundi, you must have one of the following: Diplôme D’Etat, Diplôme A2, Diplôme A3, Diplôme D6, Diplôme D7, or Diplôme d’Humanités Générales.
  • For Eritrea, you must have a minimum of five D grades on the Eritrean Secondary Education Certificate.
  • For Mauritius, you must have passing credit (at least 6 units) in English Language on Cambridge O-level certificate, plus minimum credit (at least 6 units) in four other subjects.
  • For Rwanda, you must have a passing score on the Rwandan National Exam as administered by the Rwandan Education Board. For 2007-present at least 10 points; For 1997-2006 at least 1.5 points.
  • For Uganda, you must have the Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) A-level certificate with a minimum of one principal pass and one secondary pass out of four total subject exams.
  • For South Sudan, you must have a School Leaving Certificate issued either by the South Sudan Ministry of Education or the Sudan Ministry of Education.
Sure..

congrats to all ya i hope you are well prepared in your journey i want to wish you all the best folks its your turn now dv 2015 , the journey is long and you need to have faith and trust the lord , be blessed team 2015

When people talk like this about you, brace yourself to greatness. To attain greatness, you must be humble and meek. Viva @Britsimon
You have missed the point,when you make a post in a public forum you invite people to contribute (like,reply etc) where have I gone wrong.Dont take it personal sir.

HI Citizen.
so how was the interview like? did matters of financial support come up?
was the co friendly, mean, or just there?

Sorry for the late reply, bn really occupied with office work.. my interview is rather on 1st October. Hopefully my visa wld be approved and then wld come share the good news here.

guys whov gone for their interview today kindly share ur expirience..........as for the rest of us hopefully will get our 2 nl on 15 th to 19 th.......since i was current in nov.....it looks like they process docs for three months and my three months are over ..........

Interesting development from the US Embassy - Accra. According to them they expected the DV interview confirmation mail and its still not in as at this morning.. so they took my number and wld give me a call any time it arrived. It could be later today or sometime within the week. Trust me I'm not in a panic mood cos there's nothing to panic about here. So off to the office and wld keep you guys updated. Any similar development in Nairobi or Across Africa?

congrats to weldon bet for being the first to be issued visa DVD 2015 Kenya.have asked him to update interview experience