• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 Kenyan Selectees Report here

Status
Not open for further replies.
It proves that we are one big family now and that's how we are supposed to remain until the very last person gets their visa,now guys help me pray for my 2 nd nl,it's getting me a bit worried!
Suz and I pray for this 2nd nl everyday, it will come God can be trusted.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! My only worry is that by the time I do my interview, you might be having a different physical address! You know what I mean! I hope someone else will be there for us.
God will raise another person kind like partitas to help you.Trust

For those studied in Uganda, this is the answer given by American embassy:

Me: Could you please tell me why last year minimum education required for Uganda , was O-level and this year you raise to A-level? And could you advise a friend of mine to give up processing with her O-level??

U.S. Embassy Nairobi We consult with our local embassies to find out their minimum standard for equivalency of 12 years of eudcation in the U.S. Our U.S. Embassy in Kampala told us that O-level certificates represent 11 years of education, while A-level certificates represent 13 years, and thus qualify you. Since there is no in-between, we have to go with the A-level requirement.

U.S. Embassy Nairobi We do not adjudicate individual cases anywhere else but in the interview.

but Family, your question has been asked by Jorj and the answer could bring relief to you.
U.S. Embassy Nairobi We do not adjudicate/make final decisions about individual cases anywhere else but in the interview.Hahaahaa:D this is a corner guys.

Thanks Aimanda

This also goes to fellow Ugandans (I do not know if our brethren in Kenya go through the same process). I am not sure if someone had already shared this on the forum or not.
I have been fully informed that those of us that contribute towards NSSF can only access our savings after we've obtained our GC's. Some of us have been relying on part (if not whole) of our NSSF savings to help us in this journey; but well, that's the way things are. If you've been thinking like me, please be informed of the facts. After receipt of someone's visa, they need to visit the offices of NSSF and start off the process. But the funds wont be wired to your account till you receive your GC. Hope that's understood. Good luck to our November interviewees.
Thanks for the research Sis, how long does one take to receive the GC after arrival in the US

hallo bro family how is your family doing back in Uganda first thanks for the new spread sheet but can you kindly change its colour put something bright will really appreciate thanks .GOD BLESS YOU BRO we are all together in this journey ,take care
My family is poa, let me change the colours, if there is more info that I left out that we need to capture guyz can suggest.

morning brothers and sisters members of ship 2014 for those preparing for their interviews in the month of november may the almighty lord guide you (family and godia ). we as the members of this thread are wishing you success .i believe your testimony will be filled with Gods love and joy .where is my bro olelenku long tym hope ya doing ok

Today devotion

Jeremiah 32;27
Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?

Remember God loves you ,be blessed and take care

Sad story...please pray for us.

Dear Kenyans,

those of who have lived abroad know how tough life can be.

I will make my story short: I initially came to Germany as an Au Pair,was raped by my Au Pair dad who was a pastor.The institution responsible for Au Pairs got so angry at me for accusing a pastor of rape and I was thrown out.That was 1996.

I have 5 sisters and 1 brother,a mother who really hated me,to this year.Everything I had to acquire for my Au Pair time I did on my own without any support & the money,ticket,passport I had received from the family were withheld by my mom so that I had to see where to get a new ticket from.My mom has 2 houses on a compound and I had to clean both of them,go to German courses after that and run back home to cook before she came.No,it is not my step mom! She used to beat me the extent that my fingers were damaged to date,the reason I decided to leave.I passed my KCSE with an B,though she said I was too stupid.

Long story... when I came she asked me to send money immediately and I used to send all I received.When I had nothing (after being thrown out),the WHOLE FAMILY broke up with me.After my Au Pair period I was illegal,was deported and had met a citizen who helped me back.Together we have a daughter.When I was illegal my family rally tried to track me (so the embassy),to the extent of deportation.I returned,as mentioned,legally.

As from last year (God is my witness) I sent money home monthly,punctually on the first.I love my sisters and brother,who are all very succesful engineers and doctors now,2 of my sisters moved to the States.When I called my dad to ask how he was he said he needed money.I HAD BEEN SENDING MONEY no matter how ill I was.MY OWN SISTER said I was lying!!!! I had been sending the money to her,even made all inquiries about the best rates,companies and even told her the exact addresses where she should pick it up!!!!! She wrote an sms saying that I had never been there and should disappear again for all she cares! She blocked me and my daughter facebook.My daughter just turned 12!!!!! These are my blood sisters!

I am a single mom of a daughter and just applied for the green card lottery (DV 2015).I know this is not the right section for my problems.The problem is I only hope to be taken,if we are selected.My sisters definitely WON'T sign an affidavit of support and my bank statement is very poor.We have to leave due to racism in Germany.Alone an African name disqualifies one for the simplest jobs here.Please PLEASE pray for us for all to go well.I tell my daughter DAILY that she should never be alone with her problems,she has to bring them home,no matter what it is and where in the world she will be.Dear Kenyans,I have come to learn that sometimes you find a family out of the family.

I don't know why I'm posting this but,maybe,just maybe God will give me an answer....

Last edited by a moderator:
my dear sister sorry for you have gone through and welcome to the family feel free my fifty cent advice where you can find peace and tranquility is from the almighty LORD kindly seek some spiritual guidance and i believe that GOD will open for you an opportunity and he will take you to your dreams ,take care and be blessed
Dear Kenyans,

I will make my story short: I initially came to Germany as an Au Pair,was raped by my Au Pair dad who was a pastor.The institution responsible for Au Pairs got so angry at me for accusing a pastor of rape and I was thrown out.That was 1996.

I have 5 sisters and 1 brother,a mother who really hated me,to this year.Everything I had to acquire for my Au Pair time I did on my own without any support & the money,ticket,passport I had received from the family were withheld by my mom so that I had to see where to get a new ticket from.My mom has 2 houses on a compound and I had to clean both of them,go to German courses after that and run back home to cook before she came.No,it is not my step mom! She used to beat me the extent that my fingers were damaged to date,the reason I decided to leave.I passed my KCSE with an B,though she said I was too stupid.

Long story... when I came she asked me to send money immediately and I used to send all I received.When I had nothing (after being thrown out),the WHOLE FAMILY broke up with me.After my Au Pair period I was illegal,was deported and had met a citizen who helped me back.Together we have a daughter.When I was illegal my family rally tried to track me (so the embassy),to the extent of deportation.I returned,as mentioned,legally.

As from last year (God is my witness) I sent money home monthly,punctually on the first.I love my sisters and brother,who are all very succesful engineers and doctors now,2 of my sisters moved to the States.When I called my dad to ask how he was he said he needed money.I HAD BEEN SENDING MONEY no matter how ill I was.MY OWN SISTER said I was lying!!!! I had been sending the money to her,even made all inquiries about the best rates,companies and even told her the exact addresses where she should pick it up!!!!! She wrote an sms saying that I had never been there and should disappear again for all she cares! She blocked me and my daughter facebook.My daughter just turned 12!!!!! These are my blood sisters!

I am a single mom of a daughter and just applied for the green card lottery.Please pray for us for all to go well.I tell my daughter DAILY that she should never be alone with her problems,she has to bring them home,no matter what it is and where in the world she will be.Dear Kenyans,I have come to learn that sometimes you find a family out of the family.I don't know why I'm posting this but,maybe,just maybe God will give me an answer....

Sad story...please pray for us.

Akelloh,your words move me to tears.Why am I finding understanding and encouragement in a stranger?? Thank you so much.I will log in daily to read your stories.It is going to 1 a.m. in Germany so I'll leave for today.From the bottom of my heart I wish you all the success God can grant.

your always welcomed my dear we also wish you success my dear sister!May the Lord blessed you and your daughter .Take care
Akelloh,your words move me to tears.Why am I finding understanding and encouragement in a stranger?? Thank you so much.I will log in daily to read your stories.It is going to 1 a.m. in Germany so I'll leave for today.From the bottom of my heart I wish you all the success God can grant.

morning brothers and sisters members of ship 2014 for those preparing for their interviews in the month of november may the almighty lord guide you (family and godia ). we as the members of this thread are wishing you success .i believe your testimony will be filled with Gods love and joy .where is my bro olelenku long tym hope ya doing ok

Today devotion

Jeremiah 32;27
Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?

Remember God loves you ,be blessed and take care

Thanks for this word.

Dear Kenyans,

I am a single mom of a daughter and just applied for the green card lottery (DV 2015).I know this is not the right section for my problems.The problem is I only hope to be taken,if we are selected.My sisters definitely WON'T sign an affidavit of support and my bank statement is very poor.We have to leave due to racism in Germany.Alone an African name disqualifies one for the simplest jobs here.Please PLEASE pray for us for all to go well.I tell my daughter DAILY that she should never be alone with her problems,she has to bring them home,no matter what it is and where in the world she will be.Dear Kenyans,I have come to learn that sometimes you find a family out of the family.

I don't know why I'm posting this but,maybe,just maybe God will give me an answer....

You're welcome in the family. I'm living in Russia and know what you mean, it's very hard but remember that there's someone who doesn't care about where you come from, your color, etc. Trust him. we will pray for you and you ll be okay. affidavit of support and my bank statement is very poor. that happened to many and let me tell you one thing believe in God and you'll never know where a help comes from.

Dear Kenyans,

I think I know why you were guided to post that story. It is time to let all that negativity go - your story is horrible and sad there is no doubt, but it is time to focus on the positive things. As a young girl you were able to move to Germany as an au pair. You passed your KCSE with good grades. You have the right to live in Europe. You have a 12 year old daughter. Focus on these positive things, leave the sad story behind and when you meet people, only tell them the positive things. After a while the sad stories will dim in your own mind also - and when you surround yourself in positivity, positive people and positive things will be attracted to you like a magnet. If opportunities are happening where you are, then look into moving somewhere else in Germany or in Europe. There is somewhere good for you out there - you just have to find it.

Good luck in DV2015, but if you don't win, then best of luck where you are....

JONGE,I hope you are on your way home, KAIUG also wants to join us when we finally meet and also the other friend of hers who has just got a visa. I don't have yo number.

Morning Family2133,

it is ok if KaiaUG can join us. I return this Friday. Can we suggest a date when we can meet? Next week is fine for me because I won't be so busy with work.
KaiaUG which is the most convenient date and time next week? You can also find-out from your friend when we can meet.

Dear Kenyans,

This really breaks my heart.its not fair for people with whom you have the same blood running through your veins to treat you this way. I can't imagine my mother or siblings doing this to any1, less of all me. It's wrong on soo many levels. BUT trust me, your story has a happy ending. AND the HAPPY PART WILL BE SOONER THAN YOU THINK. Woe unto those who wronged you. God gatchu Kenya, be strong for your daughter.#Blessings###

True NAIROBA, where were you, I hoped to meet you, may be when I come for my interview. We should also appreciate the opportunity of enhancing our friendship network this forum and the dv thing is giving us. Contacts/Friends are assets!

yeah we should have met,but not to worry the big one is coming in Nov. And when we'll be celebrating your visa, I'll be right there with you. We are one big family here

Status
Not open for further replies.