• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 Kenyan Selectees Report here

Status
Not open for further replies.
morning ya all be blessed and enjoy the rest of you day, be guided by the scripture of the day

Todays devotion

Psalms 18;28-29
You, Lord, keep my lamp burning;
my God turns my darkness into light.
With your help I can advance against a troop
with my God I can scale a wall.

Remember GOD loves you ,be blessed

Amen...thanks for the scripture...God bless you

For those studied in Uganda, this is the answer given by American embassy:

Me: Could you please tell me why last year minimum education required for Uganda , was O-level and this year you raise to A-level? And could you advise a friend of mine to give up processing with her O-level??

U.S. Embassy Nairobi We consult with our local embassies to find out their minimum standard for equivalency of 12 years of eudcation in the U.S. Our U.S. Embassy in Kampala told us that O-level certificates represent 11 years of education, while A-level certificates represent 13 years, and thus qualify you. Since there is no in-between, we have to go with the A-level requirement.

U.S. Embassy Nairobi We do not adjudicate individual cases anywhere else but in the interview.

but Family, your question has been asked by Jorj and the answer could bring relief to you.

It looks like their has been a change in the requirements for Ugandans.

This is really too bad for some of our friends. I wish they informed the entrants earlier about these new changes in the requirements needed to successfully compete as a dv entrant.Too bad but as a believer its not yet final until Christ says so.

As long as this forum lives, I promise to contribute my efforts. Partitas please you can count on me.
For those studied in Uganda, this is the answer given by American embassy:

Me: Could you please tell me why last year minimum education required for Uganda , was O-level and this year you raise to A-level? And could you advise a friend of mine to give up processing with her O-level??

U.S. Embassy Nairobi We consult with our local embassies to find out their minimum standard for equivalency of 12 years of eudcation in the U.S. Our U.S. Embassy in Kampala told us that O-level certificates represent 11 years of education, while A-level certificates represent 13 years, and thus qualify you. Since there is no in-between, we have to go with the A-level requirement.

U.S. Embassy Nairobi We do not adjudicate individual cases anywhere else but in the interview.

but Family, your question has been asked by Jorj and the answer could bring relief to you.

It proves that we are one big family now and that's how we are supposed to remain until the very last person gets their visa,now guys help me pray for my 2 nd nl,it's getting me a bit worried!

Thank you, thank you, thank you! My only worry is that by the time I do my interview, you might be having a different physical address! You know what I mean! I hope someone else will be there for us.

This also goes to fellow Ugandans (I do not know if our brethren in Kenya go through the same process). I am not sure if someone had already shared this on the forum or not.
I have been fully informed that those of us that contribute towards NSSF can only access our savings after we've obtained our GC's. Some of us have been relying on part (if not whole) of our NSSF savings to help us in this journey; but well, that's the way things are. If you've been thinking like me, please be informed of the facts. After receipt of someone's visa, they need to visit the offices of NSSF and start off the process. But the funds wont be wired to your account till you receive your GC. Hope that's understood. Good luck to our November interviewees.

This also goes to fellow Ugandans (I do not know if our brethren in Kenya go through the same process). I am not sure if someone had already shared this on the forum or not.
I have been fully informed that those of us that contribute towards NSSF can only access our savings after we've obtained our GC's. Some of us have been relying on part (if not whole) of our NSSF savings to help us in this journey; but well, that's the way things are. If you've been thinking like me, please be informed of the facts. After receipt of someone's visa, they need to visit the offices of NSSF and start off the process. But the funds wont be wired to your account till you receive your GC. Hope that's understood. Good luck to our November interviewees.

Thanks KaiaUG for this information. The NSSF funds could indeed go a long way in helping with the migration.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! My only worry is that by the time I do my interview, you might be having a different physical address! You know what I mean! I hope someone else will be there for us.

Don't you worry I know many will be here to help and if you happen to get me during your medicals and not during the interview ,you will have known something about Nairobi

Welcome back from Kenya Family2133...good report and to God be the glory for this wonderful report. It all went well and I recall you were afraid. Trust in the Lord. Will be in Kampala end of this month and we should meet before your interview. Take care
JONGE,I hope you are on your way home, KAIUG also wants to join us when we finally meet and also the other friend of hers who has just got a visa. I don't have yo number.

Hello members, I have re designed the 2014 spread sheet, below is the link, open and fill your details

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AqZnbgMvNnNHdFFZS2hKS295c1BDR1dpb1RLZ1laWnc#gid=0
Those who have so far filled their details, thank you so much, this helps us monitor the progress of our friends as we are in one big winning boat, who ever has not yet filled in please do so. Just fill in the last free line , I will however be re-arranging these names according to when some one is to do the interviews. Together with God's helping hand we shall all prevail!

Thank you very much for the in depth info, I have actually learnt a lot about the process from your post, Thank you once again i pray that the lord blesses you and gives you victory:):):)
Amen utamaduni, I hope it will be God's decision to give me victory. Let us pray for one another.

dont let this bring you down my bro,of from the interview expirience posted recently they asked for O level cert lets trust it's still the same,furthermore I don't think they would lower Kenyas grades and raise Uganda's,the visa is still yours you have taken 80% of this journey do not give up at the finishing line.
Thank you Partitas, I am chasing this to the finish line since by the time this change has come up, I had already completed most of the steps including the medicals, I hope to celebrate with you my success in Nairobi come mid Nov.

Hi guys,
As I said, it's always better for the interviewee to post his/her experience and not a third party but I only did it coz she's not on the forum.
Now, I managed to get in touch with this person (whose experience I shared) and she actually said they first asked for O'level first, which she didn't have since her school got burnt some time back (but presented some kind of letter from school) but after that, they also asked for her A'level certificate. I needed her to clear the air but she's been in Nairobi since then and it was hard getting to her. She returned this morning and called me immediately. So, I guess the conditions have changed; looks like they need both certificates. Hope this helps and I am sorry for the confusion, guys.
Thank you so much KaiUG for the information, I will need to take this process to the finish line because where I have reached now is a point of no return as most of the steps are done only waiting for Police certificate and interview.

way to go family...i had reserved 250 USD for my medical procedure, and going by ur detailed account of the experience, its enough.what's your opinion??
This can work but I suggest that save more to be on save side atleast 400$, bcs the basic pay before the vaccines is 138$ and then they start charging per additional vaccines, I don1t know whether you hav your vaccines records bcs if u don;t have them then you are more likely to get more vaccines which means more money. Th vaccines which any one is less likely to miss are MMR, Dultravax and Dtap. (I hope you don't have a family)

its unbelievable the unwavering support guys are giving each other.People who are complete strangers supporting each other. Its all love in here, reading family's experience and partitas and guriix supporting him and his family...well only God's people can do that. I am humbled Partitas and Guriixx, I really am. God bless y'all##
True NAIROBA, where were you, I hoped to meet you, may be when I come for my interview. We should also appreciate the opportunity of enhancing our friendship network this forum and the dv thing is giving us. Contacts/Friends are assets!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Partitas, I am chasing this to the finish line since by the time this change has come up, I had already completed most of the steps including the medicals, I hope to celebrate with you my success in Nairobi come mid Nov.

Mhhh...it shall be a great day for you and everyone in the forum,only few weeks to go !

hallo bro family how is your family doing back in Uganda first thanks for the new spread sheet but can you kindly change its colour put something bright will really appreciate thanks .GOD BLESS YOU BRO we are all together in this journey ,take care
True NAIROBA, where were you, I hoped to meet you, may be when I come for my interview. We should also appreciate the opportunity of enhancing our friend network this forum and the dv thing is giving us. Contacts/Friends are assets!

ME
Do you accept the equivalent of the Uganda advanced certificate of education( UACE)i.e 3 passes at O level and a certificate from a recognized institution'

U.S. Embassy Nairobi
Yes, we do.
Thanks bro for remembering to post this for me. If that is the case, it looks like am covered, let me leave the rest in God's hands. What they are asking for(A -Level with 1 principal pass) I have the equivalent and its the requirement in Uganda needed to get admitted on a diploma program. For my fellow Ugandans, see the criteria for admission at Makerere University Business school.

Admission Requirements

GRADUATE PROGRAMMES
Doctorate
Possession of Masters in Business related disciplines
Masters Programmes
• Possession of a lower second division University Degree
• For MSc. Banking & Investment Management; MSc. in Accounting and Finance; and MSc. in Marketing requirement is possession of a lower second division University Degree in a related discipline
Admission Test
Candidates who apply for MBA, will be required to take and pass a written Graduate Admission Test with at least 60%
Postgraduate Diploma Programmes
Either:
A Degree of Makerere University or its equivalent from a recognized University
Or:
Possession of appropriate professional qualifications like ACCA, CPA, CIM, ICSA or their equivalent

DEGREE PROGRAMMES
Admission is through three different schemes, that is:
a) Direct entry
A candidate must have:
i) Sat the U.C.E. examination (or equivalent) and obtained with at least 5 passes; and
ii) Obtained at least 2 principal level passes at Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (U.C.A.E.) obtained at the same sitting or its equivalent.

Note: (There are however some progammes that require specific subjects to gain admission namely BREM, BS FIN, BS ACC, BA ECO)

b) Diploma Holders scheme.
i) A candidate must possess at least any second class (lower/credit) diploma from a recognized institution. For Bachelor of Business Statistics, a candidate must have a bias in Mathematics or Statistics
ii) Candidates who completed level one of the following professional courses; ACCA, CIM, CIPS, ICSA, CPA .

c) Mature Age entry
25 years of age and above and must have passed mature age entry examinations with 50% mark and above.

Admission to Second year of study
Candidates who possess a diploma from a recognized institution with at least a second class lower division/credit shall be admitted to second year of any of the MUBS Bachelors programmes (except Bachelor of Science in Accounting). Their diploma credits shall be transferred with the provision that they shall be required to take some courses from the first year that the Faculty Board will have identified and deemed mandatory.

ORDINARY DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES
Admission is through three different schemes, as indicated below:
i) Direct Entry scheme
Each applicant should have:
a) The Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) with at least 5 passes obtained at the same sitting.
b) The Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) with at least 1 principal pass and 2 subsidiary passes obtained at the same sitting or its equivalent.
Candidates who hold grades X, Y, Z, 7 and 9 of ‘O’ level results should not apply because they are not eligible for admission

ii) Certificate holders’ scheme
Each applicant should:
a) Have the Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) with at least 3 passes obtained at the same sitting.
b) Hold a Certificate from a recognized Institution

iii) Admission of Cisco holders to Makerere University Business School Programmes
The requirements for admitting applicants who possess CISCO qualification to programmes at the School are:
a) A candidate must possess an ‘O’ level Certificate with at least five passes and A’ Level with one principal pass and two subsidiary passes.
b) A candidate must have completed the full series of training (known as CCNA 4) under the aegis of the CISCO programmes.

iv) Applicants through the Professional Qualifications must have passed at least a half of Stage/Level One of the professional qualifications from a recognized institution with its equivalent provided and also have the Uganda Certificate in Education with at least three passes obtained at the same sitting.

CERTIFICATE PROGRAMMES :
Direct Entry Scheme:
A candidate must have obtained the Uganda Certificate of Education (O’ level) with at least 3 passes obtained at the same sitting or its equivalent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.