• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 Kenyan Selectees Report here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the research Sis, how long does one take to receive the GC after arrival in the US

Hi Family2133;
I don't know exactly how long it takes before one receives their GC; but maybe the guys who've already gone could give us their experiences.
Thanks for the posts and for working on the spreadsheet. We owe you!

Guys am really impressed with the way we are encouraging each other on this thread our destiny is in the hands of lord guys !really there are no strangers in life just friends that you have not met lets keep the spirit and i believe we will meet in person one day .Really it will be amazing

yeah we should have met,but not to worry the big one is coming in Nov. And when we'll be celebrating your visa, I'll be right there with you. We are one big family here

hi nairobba...great...u go get the injections before me....!!!will be watching u wince..:)
now..is the cert of good conduct valid for 6 months from date of issue?
and do names on COGC have to be same as PP ?coz at CID HQ and these guys insist as ID name..and PP has 3 names?any effect at embassy?

morning brothers and sisters members of ship 2014 for those preparing for their interviews in the month of november may the almighty lord guide you (family and godia ). we as the members of this thread are wishing you success .i believe your testimony will be filled with Gods love and joy .where is my bro olelenku long tym hope ya doing ok

Today devotion

Jeremiah 32;27
Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?

Remember God loves you ,be blessed and take care
Amen

yeah we should have met,but not to worry the big one is coming in Nov. And when we'll be celebrating your visa, I'll be right there with you. We are one big family here

hi nairobba,great to hear u doing medicals same day as me..hope u get the injections first as I watch u wince..:)..
was at CID HQ and apparently these guys only write the COGC as per ID names..tried to use PP which has my added surname and they just insisted...but on the alias part put all three names...anybody been thru this experience? am working on an affidavit to show case all the three names..forum..semeni kitu?

KaiaUG; Family2133

In june I met a kenyan lady from US on a connecting flight at Brussels Airport. I was on my way back from UK after doing 6 years there. she was coming to visit kenya after 4 years in US and we got to share experiences. I told her I was returning to Kenya to process the Green card after winning it.

She told me her Uncle won it a few years ago and the US embassy in Nairobi gives you a package. Which will be opened only by immigration officials at point of entry (airport). The package they give you, you are not supposed to open it your self. The info in the package will help the immigration department process your GC and your Social Security card. They will send them to the persons address you listed as your sponsor in the US. The forms you sent to Kentucky you should have listed a sponsor in US. When you arrive you will be helpless without your GC and SS card.

She said it takes like 3 weeks to receive your Social Security and 4 to 6 weeks to get your GC, but may be might depend with the state you go to!!! She said you can as well leave the country with your passport immediately you enter US soil as they don't need your passport to process the 2 docs. She said the uncle left immediately, as he just wanted to make sure the family made it to US before time expires. The uncle returned to run businesses in Kenya as his businesses were doing well and would support the family till they were stable. His family sent him the GC and SS via DHL to enable him enter US when he went back to see them.

Hope this helps!!!!!!:):):)

Hi Family2133;
I don't know exactly how long it takes before one receives their GC; but maybe the guys who've already gone could give us their experiences.
Thanks for the posts and for working on the spreadsheet. We owe you!

In june I met a kenyan lady from US on a connecting flight at Brussels Airport. I was on my way back from UK after doing 6 years there. she was coming to visit kenya after 4 years in US and we got to share experiences. I told her I was returning to Kenya to process the Green card after winning it.

She told me her Uncle won it a few years ago and the US embassy in Nairobi gives you a package. Which will be opened only by immigration officials at point of entry (airport). The package they give you, you are not supposed to open it your self. The info in the package will help the immigration department process your GC and your Social Security card. They will send them to the persons address you listed as your sponsor in the US. The forms you sent to Kentucky you should have listed a sponsor in US. When you arrive you will be helpless without your GC and SS card.

She said it takes like 3 weeks to receive your Social Security and 4 to 6 weeks to get your GC, but may be might depend with the state you go to!!! She said you can as well leave the country with your passport immediately you enter US soil as they don't need your passport to process the 2 docs. She said the uncle left immediately, as he just wanted to make sure the family made it to US before time expires. The uncle returned to run businesses in Kenya as his businesses were doing well and would support the family till they were stable. His family sent him the GC and SS via DHL to enable him enter US when he went back to see them.

Hi Utamaduni,
Thanks for this info; I can see 3 weeks of just sight seeing and chilling within the US; but I hope that after receipt of someone's SSN, they are able to job hunt even without a GC.
Thank you for sharing this piece of information. We are grateful!

Guys am really impressed with the way we are encouraging each other on this thread our destiny is in the hands of lord guys !really there are no strangers in life just friends that you have not met lets keep the spirit and i believe we will meet in person one day .Really it will be amazing

Talk about meeting in person.... I met 4Turya today! Isn't that cool? Thanks for the visit, man. May God bless you.

Thank you so much utamaduni, this is so informative and it will help us once God grants us the Visas.

hi nairobba,great to hear u doing medicals same day as me..hope u get the injections first as I watch u wince..:)..
was at CID HQ and apparently these guys only write the COGC as per ID names..tried to use PP which has my added surname and they just insisted...but on the alias part put all three names...anybody been thru this experience? am working on an affidavit to show case all the three names..forum..semeni kitu?

my husband will have same problem, but from what i gather they require that all petitions/applications handled by U.S gov to bear the names as they are on pp, which means they anticipate other documents may have variations in names. not a big worry do an affidavit to be safe.

Your truly most welcome dear. isn't it cool if we can meet many other more Ugandans on forum who are really open and signed in with their signature. we need to build the rapport and take this dialogue to another level.
Talk about meeting in person.... I met 4Turya today! Isn't that cool? Thanks for the visit, man. May God bless you.

Hi Utamaduni,
Thanks for this info; I can see 3 weeks of just sight seeing and chilling within the US; but I hope that after receipt of someone's SSN, they are able to job hunt even without a GC.
Thank you for sharing this piece of information. We are grateful!

You do not need to receive the physical SSN before you can start your job hunting. You should begin that as soon as you arrive, you should be ready to hit the ground and start running once you arrive, get your mind out of the tourist metality zone. Visit the nearest Social Security office to enquire about your SSN, don't wait to receive it in the mail.

My wife had a the same problem. She simple swore an affidavit.

my husband will have same problem, but from what i gather they require that all petitions/applications handled by U.S gov to bear the names as they are on pp, which means they anticipate other documents may have variations in names. not a big worry do an affidavit to be safe.

thanks emmy..did one already..but the system in our dear 254 is amazing at least..both are supposed to be supporting each other as legal instruments....

Status
Not open for further replies.