• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 Kenyan Selectees Report here

Status
Not open for further replies.
...from having 9wks and all the time in the world; I now have LESS THAN A MONTH!!!. I have soo much to do ;can't be accomplished within A MONTH!!!...Suddenly my keyboard isn't working, am hungry, I can't sit down, my feet are sweating, I'm panting, I can't focus at work, I have a sudden 'bout of ADD, the phone rings I LITERALLY JUMP!!!....guys please be checking up on me I may succumb to High Blood Pressure or organ failure or nervous breakdown or panic attack. guys guys;If a day goes by and I haven't blogged a thing, CALL THE COPS!!or my mum...

Last edited by a moderator:
guys guys I've got some news for you...

The U.S Embassy has just called me; they've informed me that my interview has been preponed by 2 weeks!!! So instead of having my interview around the festive season, I'll be having it the first week of Dec.

#Things Just got Real People###

We are wishing you all the best Nairobi.may God make everything possible for you.

At six(6) working days to my interview, with the help of the almighty God I have finished the human part of a DV selectee 2014, I hereby forward the remaining part to God , so I am now sitting back to relax and wait for the results, it has been a long journey. My family I need prayers from you.

Job 5:9 “He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted.”

...from having 9wks and all the time in the world; I now have LESS THAN A MONTH!!!. I have soo much to do ;can't be accomplished within A MONTH!!!...Suddenly my keyboard isn't working, am hungry, I can't sit down, my feet are sweating, I'm panting, I can't focus at work, I have a sudden 'bout of ADD, the phone rings I LITERALLY JUMP!!!....guys please be checking up on me I may succumb to High Blood Pressure or organ failure or nervous breakdown or panic attack. guys guys;If a day goes by and I haven't blogged a thing, CALL THE COPS!!or my mum...
lol your way of explaining the situation is really fun to read haha!all the best you gon make it!!

There is a type of visa called K1, she can use it to take her partner as a fiancée. I suggest that instead of dropping the visa process, let her go as a single person then the joining of the husband will come in later after consulting the immigration lawyers am sure there is a way how they can do it bcs those guys are professional,,, they helped my sister take her entire immediate family to Canada which seemed so impossible at first

K1 visa? I guess what you conveniently forgot to mention is the fact that she cannot apply for this for the next 5 years (or you didn't know about that yourself)! Yes, she has to become a US citizen first and only citizens can use the K1 category to bring in their fiances into the US.

The fiancé(e) K-1 nonimmigrant visa is for the foreign-citizen fiancé(e) of a United States (U.S.) citizen.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_2994.html

And that does not lead to the fiancee being granted an automatic GC, the couple MUST get married in the US within 90 days of getting into the country. He now has to apply for adjustment of status to a permanent resident (LPR) with USCIS. Because a fiancé(e) visa permits the holder to immigrate to the U.S. and marry a U.S. citizen shortly after arrival in the United States, the fiancé(e) must meet some of the requirements of an immigrant visa.

The Canadian immigration you alluded to is equally not as straight forward as you're making it sound. You claim your sister was able to take her entire immediate family which obviously did not include you, because you're married, correct? The way that works is that a Canadian LPR is able to directly sponsor their parents and if they have siblings who are under certain age living with the parents (still 'dependent' on the parent), unmarried, not working and can show evidence of continuous schooling (meaning they've never worked), then they can be sponsored in addition to the parents. This process of course also takes a couple of YEARS to be completed

great news...
FINAL DAY AT THE MEDICAL CENTRE!!!!

Guys today we just went and were called in by the nurse before going to see the doc....the physical check was kinda embarrasing a female Nurse telling me to get to my boxers was kinda uncomfortable..all in all everything went well results were all negative...though av seen quite a number of guys being told to repeat the Xray one guy was told to pay 7K for two months treatment guess TB or something....now heading back to my base paper chasing has to go on coz I got less than two weeks before the day.

Also yesterday met afew Dv winners two ladies from Kisii in particular told me that they will not go to KNEC for results confirmation to them its not relevant and they avnt seen the requirement anywhere tried to explain to them and even told them to visit the US Embassy nairobi webage but they were not willing...so I played my part if they go and end up being put on AP they will remember my sentiments...KNEC told me that it takes five days for them to deliver the results to the Consulate. Skache I didn't go for any vaccination prior to the IOM just went with the clinic card that I used when I was a kid..just remember that if you have had chicken pox tell them so that u spare the pain of spending more cash and the ainful vaccine....I thank God for bringing us all this far and I ray for the brothers and sisters who are still waiting for the 2nl and medicals. Best luck to all and once again I apreciate forumnites for the rich info that we guys share its sure great to be well informed.

hello brothers and sisters anybody that project when my number is likely to fall current going by the trends of the previous years? Thanks for the help in advance.

Hello nickelly. I will be coming to Houston Texas next year God willing. Hoping to meet up with you some day and thanks for your support.

The U.S Embassy has just called me; they've informed me that my interview has been preponed by 2 weeks!!! So instead of having my interview around the festive season, I'll be having it the first week of Dec.

Hello NAIROBBA. thats great news for you...Go into the festive season with the great news. I will be putting you in my prayers and God will ensure you go through this successfully.

hello brothers and sisters anybody that project when my number is likely to fall current going by the trends of the previous years? Thanks for the help in advance.

First of all disclose the 2nd figure in your case number and maybe then we'll be able to estimate the exact month.

your one funny individual lolest...we shall pray you dont succumb to organ failure or hbp...you can do this just get your swing into it, think clearly and do the necessary first..like getting police clearance where you need them from, get your papers arranged in a file, locate where your passport is...u know...the necessary

you are one blessed person ,you surely will have great Christmas having gotten your visa already ,does that mean that you have to reschedule your medicals ?

hallo mates hope your all doin great i want to wish those going for their interviews this month an early success ,guys its the lord who gave us this opportunity and its good we keep thanking him daily and we should pray for more miracles in this thread ,woow this is really ours to take to family godia and those who are not on this thread THE LORD BE WITH you during you interview time,remember GOD loves you

Todays devotion

2 SAMUEL 33-34
It is God who arms me with strength
and keeps my way secure.
He makes my feet like the feet of a deer he causes me to stand on the height

Remember God loves you ,be blessed

the wait is too long..

hello guys.. despite my silence, am logged up to tha dv2014 family full time, gettin ua updates.. day afta day, hour afta hour.. family2133 .. i wish u al da best on ua judgement day, and al those hittin tha embassy gates ths year- neva be worried, tha best part has already occured, da remainin is VICTORY.. al da best, en kipeth prayerful.. GUDLUCK--

hello guys.. despite my silence, am logged up to tha dv2014 family full time, gettin ua updates.. day afta day, hour afta hour.. family2133 .. i wish u al da best on ua judgement day, and al those hittin tha embassy gates ths year- neva be worried, tha best part has already occured, da remainin is VICTORY.. al da best, en kipeth prayerful.. GUDLUCK--

hey @ Sossa2014, wow, ur syked amnd going...good stuff!!i hope you shall be current before february though, seeing that you took ur police certs in sept, hope they dont expire after 6 months...

you are one blessed person ,you surely will have great Christmas having gotten your visa already ,does that mean that you have to reschedule your medicals ?

a combination of blessings and luck partitas.you won't believe when i mailed IOM for the medical, and of course I made them aware of my prior-set interview date; they still booked me for 3rdDec. So I had 3 weeks after the medicals to just bum around as i wait for the interview. Now that it has been rescheduled, I think am one lucky dude coz still the medicals are about a week b4 the interview. So no need to reschedule the medicals. :)

thanks engmtolera, partitas, mutu14 for your goodluck wishes and prayers. I'll try keep it together.lol
Quick question tho' to all forumites...my medicals and interview are now a week apart. Should I call IOM and ask for my medical exam to be preponed or y'all think one week is enough??

Do police certs expire afta 6 months or 1 year?? IN KENYA..

hey ~POSE..

Do police certs expire withn 6months or 1 year.. to me i knoe its afta an year.. someone correct me pls, i took mine on SEPTEMBER and i may be current in MAY next year.. !! i did ths to avoid tha rush on da last days..

Status
Not open for further replies.