• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 Kenyan Selectees Report here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? File "follow to join" for the husband?

Admittedly no one here is claiming to be an immigration lawyer or an expert in US immigration laws but I think it is very important for us to have a decent understanding of the process (at least) before we start throwing legalistic jargons around.

This woman's case does not qualify for a 'follow to join' process. IMO, there's no point giving her false hopes. Yes she can continue processing as "single" since that is what she played the lottery as, while technically she was still married. She will basically have to forget about this marriage if she wants to proceed with the selection. However, she will live in fear of potential discovery, her GC can be withdrawn if she's found to have fraudulently gotten it by withholding material information. If it's discovered after she becomes a USC, the citizenship can be revoked, she will face criminal charges which will most likely be followed with deportation and a life time ban!

Britsimon's response is a sound one, harsh as it may look. While being selected could be seen as a 'life time opportunity' living in the US is not a do or die affair! This lady is setting herself up for the possibility of being charged with a criminal offense by stating on the DS form that she is single when she clearly isn't! The DS form clearly states providing false information on the form could result in criminal charges being filed. However, not showing up for the interview could be interpreted as withdrawing the information since the form hasn't been signed.

There are numerous cases if people who fraudulently obtained the GC and were discovered numerous years later. I'm sure a google search will bring up some of those cases. As a matter of fact, Makiki did post on the 2013 Kenyan thread of a man who who did not include his son during his initial processing, after obtaining his GC he tried to bring his son to the US, of course he was discovered and prevented from returning.

Partitas, I'm implore you to present all the responses generated to this lady and she can go ahead and make her own decision.
now I understand because if she starts lying now,her life will become full of lies,we have to consider the possibility of her husband agreeing for now and gets fed up later,she will lose all!!!

DV2014AF0085**
Entry Checked: 01.05.2013
Forms sent to KCC:8/8/2013
Confirmation by KCC:20/9/2013
Police Certificate:
2nd NL:
Medicals:
Interview:
Visa Picked:

Hi,anyone who have received 2nl this month?

I hope the numbers will try to move too fast in January and February !! If not we are going to be bored :mad:!

This DV thing is something of real patience because its not easy. The wait is pretty looooooooooooooooooong.
But God be our helper our turn will come.:confused::confused:

DV2014AF0085**
Entry Checked: 01.05.2013
Forms sent to KCC:8/8/2013
Confirmation by KCC:20/9/2013
Police Certificate:
2nd NL:
Medicals:
Interview:
Visa Picked:

Hi,anyone who have received 2nl this month?
maybe next week that's when people will get them.

Thanks my dear sister will try 2 keep it up!god bless you too,take care
hi guys 2014

all the best guys going for interview,pray before you go for your interview god hears prayers. Good work akello for the morning devotions keep it up.:cool:

I hope the numbers will try to move too fast in January and February !! If not we are going to be bored :mad:!

Juelzangejr I am looking at the statistics since 2009, actually this is not bad. For example last year it was 18,100. Eventually for Africa everyone will become current. The art of being patient is being tested.

Not to worry...Africa eventually becomes current...just hang in...get about your life and that day will come.

Yeah, but patience is running out fast!!! I saw in 2011 everyone became current in June.

Let's wait !

Thank you very much Jonge! We hope that all this will finish in a good way for everybody here!

Juelzangejr I am looking at the statistics since 2009, actually this is not bad. For example last year it was 18,100. Eventually for Africa everyone will become current. The art of being patient is being tested.

you can imagine with my low CN,am yet to be current even though i sent my forms to kcc in early june.

Samolaniyi you are actually current it's just that you haven't received your 2NL. You have those with bigger CNs who have already received the 2NL

Status
Not open for further replies.