• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 Kenyan Selectees Report here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Partitas
i think if she really wants to try her luck; since she applied as single and sent her forms as single; she can still go to the interview as single without involving the husband because single and divorce are two separate things which she was supposed to have put divorce on her forms at the initial registration not single.
Like i said she can still try her luck one never knows with her baby as single mother.
Just my own opinion

Wow.

Hi guys,
The idea of her remaining 'single' all through is the only thing that could possibly save her; although this would definitely mean that she's decided to leave her husband behind. And as Simon puts it, there's no way she will later refer to him as husband using the current marriage certificates. From her post, it seems she's decided to get back to him; which is a very good thing. If he allows her to proceed with this, it's up to them to make things work that way. However, she may need to show proof that the father of the child has allowed her to take their child with her. It happened with my friend who did her interview in October; she had to show proof that the father of her children is in agreement regarding the whole immigration thing and luckily for her, she had the signed paperwork.

Hi guys,
The idea of her remaining 'single' all through is the only thing that could possibly save her; although this would definitely mean that she's decided to leave her husband behind. And as Simon puts it, there's no way she will later refer to him as husband using the current marriage certificates. From her post, it seems she's decided to get back to him; which is a very good thing. If he allows her to proceed with this, it's up to them to make things work that way. However, she may need to show proof that the father of the child has allowed her to take their child with her. It happened with my friend who did her interview in October; she had to show proof that the father of her children is in agreement regarding the whole immigration thing and luckily for her, she had the signed paperwork.

Yes I understand that the only way she could possibly proceed with the application is by continuing with the lie that she is single BUT the childs' birth cert and the required documents (i.e. an affidavit from the husband that he is ok with the "single" mother taking the child to the USA) dig a deeper and deeper hole and increase the chances of being caught. Remember, the risk in this case is not just being denied the GC, or even a ban from the USA, the penalty for getting caught doing this could be criminal charges.

Yes I understand that the only way she could possibly proceed with the application is by continuing with the lie that she is single BUT the childs' birth cert and the required documents (i.e. an affidavit from the husband that he is ok with the "single" mother taking the child to the USA) dig a deeper and deeper hole and increase the chances of being caught. Remember, the risk in this case is not just being denied the GC, or even a ban from the USA, the penalty for getting caught doing this could be criminal charges.

I think wat is required here is just an understanding with the childs father if only he is aware of the DV. Atleast he will understand because she played when they were separated so.
But is she legally married to the child's father?

morning mates hope guys are doing great in ths thread !

Todays devotion
Luke 18;1
The Parable of the Persistent Widow

Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up.

Remember God loves you be blessed mates
Thanks Akelloh, I need your prayers, I now have one week to go.

I think wat is required here is just an understanding with the childs father if only he is aware of the DV. Atleast he will understand because she played when they were separated so.
Thank you all for the advices,yes she is legally married and the certificates read 2011,I advices her to come to an agreement with her husband ,if they don't want this chance to escape she should go on with the interview with her son that is if the father agrees,maybe in future they will find. A way to re unite in the US and get another fresh marriage certificate from there or any other country but not Kenya.

According to what was written she was marriage by civil ceremony (therefore legally married) and simply separated at the time of her eDV application and presumably when she completed the forms.

I really feel it is not wise to suggest to this lady that she proceeds to go deeper with this lie...

Hi all forum members, new here but have been a guest in the thread. will i be able to get a date with the co considering my high cn?taking into account lowered kcse grades
You are welcome to the forum. You will get the an interview date, there are people with higher case numbers than yours. Check the link below for the 2014 winners spreadsheet and perhaps register in the last column.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AqZnbgMvNnNHdFFZS2hKS295c1BDR1dpb1RLZ1laWnc#gid=0

The gate is on United Nations Avenue..alight from UN bus stop cross to the junction with a Kobil petrol station and walk on UN Avenue.

Thank you Guriix, I think walking along the UN avenue I will even see people lining up at the gate for check up , bcs it was the same story with IOM as we were following the map, we saw people lining up for check up. Thanks I am sure with all this Inof and the map, I will not get lost.

Thank you all for the advices,yes she is legally married and the certificates read 2011,I advices her to come to an agreement with her husband ,if they don't want this chance to escape she should go on with the interview with her son that is if the father agrees,maybe in future they will find. A way to re unite in the US and get another fresh marriage certificate from there or any other country but not Kenya.

I was just thinking thesame Partitas for her to continue as single upon agreement witht the childs father and after she has succeeded she can get a new marriage certificate in a different country but not Kenya to enable her reunite with the husband in the US

hi forum mates,advice one of us who inboxed me. i have sensitive issue and hoping that u can help me.
1. i applied for the green card lottery 2014 my 2year old son and i, and i won it,during the time for application i had separated with my husband and in my application-marital status i indicated- single.
after winning, i also indicated 'single'-marital status in the forms and i send them to KCC. now, we reconciled with my husband and back together. ...take note that,i got married in september 2011- civil marriage......
what will i do now? You have to maintain the information you fill in the initial DV application through out, leave out your husband he will come later as a follow to join, but if you try to include him now they will say that you are reconciling because of the Visa. Maintain the single status if you want the visa
am so stressed out. Don't be stressed, the husband is still yours its just a question of time, just maintain the single status then you will later file for him to join you as a husband after you have received your GC2. in the forms that i send to KCC, i realised that i left the part for the pertitioner blank' someone has said that i should send an updated form via email..the issue is that am not sure about the email.Get a form and fill the only part that is missing, indicate your date of birth(MM/DD/YY), case number, Name of principal applicant, State of chargeability and the post, in the body of the mail write to inform them that it is a part which you accidentally missed to fill. After they have received(it takes about 5 working days) they will reply this mail saying that the information has been received and is to be put on your file. I am talking about what happened to me and that's how I went about it

3. i called KCC on august 23rd and they confirmed that they received my documents. will they send me an email?
thank youThey may send or they may not send depending on the volumes they have to handle, personally I received a confirmation mail but that was after I had sent them an inquiry mail

Yeah Best to continue the whole process as single till when she finally gets the visa and in the US while in the US she can still file for the husband but on condition that she makes a new marriage certificate that indicates that she got married only after winning the DV if not it will mean that she lied during the initial process and her GC can be revoked.
so she has to be very careful in every step she takes and intends to take that will jeopardise her GC.

Last edited by a moderator:
You have to maintain the information you fill in the initial DV application through out, leave out your husband he will come later as a follow to join, but if you try to include him now they will say that you are reconciling because of the Visa. Maintain the single status if you want the visa

Really? File "follow to join" for the husband?

Admittedly no one here is claiming to be an immigration lawyer or an expert in US immigration laws but I think it is very important for us to have a decent understanding of the process (at least) before we start throwing legalistic jargons around.

This woman's case does not qualify for a 'follow to join' process. IMO, there's no point giving her false hopes. Yes she can continue processing as "single" since that is what she played the lottery as, while technically she was still married. She will basically have to forget about this marriage if she wants to proceed with the selection. However, she will live in fear of potential discovery, her GC can be withdrawn if she's found to have fraudulently gotten it by withholding material information. If it's discovered after she becomes a USC, the citizenship can be revoked, she will face criminal charges which will most likely be followed with deportation and a life time ban!

Britsimon's response is a sound one, harsh as it may look. While being selected could be seen as a 'life time opportunity' living in the US is not a do or die affair! This lady is setting herself up for the possibility of being charged with a criminal offense by stating on the DS form that she is single when she clearly isn't! The DS form clearly states providing false information on the form could result in criminal charges being filed. However, not showing up for the interview could be interpreted as withdrawing the information since the form hasn't been signed.

There are numerous cases if people who fraudulently obtained the GC and were discovered numerous years later. I'm sure a google search will bring up some of those cases. As a matter of fact, Makiki did post on the 2013 Kenyan thread of a man who who did not include his son during his initial processing, after obtaining his GC he tried to bring his son to the US, of course he was discovered and prevented from returning.

Partitas, I'm implore you to present all the responses generated to this lady and she can go ahead and make her own decision.

Hi all forum members, new here but have been a guest in the thread. will i be able to get a date with the co considering my high cn?taking into account lowered kcse grades

Hi Keny welcome to the forum...take time to fill in our spreadsheet so we can keep track of one another...fill free to post questions, suggestions, tips

hi forum mates,advice one of us who inboxed me. i have sensitive issue and hoping that u can help me.
1. i applied for the green card lottery 2014 my 2year old son and i, and i won it,during the time for application i had separated with my husband and in my application-marital status i indicated- single.
after winning, i also indicated 'single'-marital status in the forms and i send them to KCC. now, we reconciled with my husband and back together. ...take note that,i got married in september 2011- civil marriage......
what will i do now?
am so stressed out.

2. in the forms that i send to KCC, i realised that i left the part for the pertitioner blank' someone has said that i should send an updated form via email..the issue is that am not sure about the email.

3. i called KCC on august 23rd and they confirmed that they received my documents. will they send me an email?
thank you

Being separated and being divorced are two different things. At the time she applied for the DV she was still married so she should have applied as married. The question I need to put to this lady is...is going to America more important than the marriage where she says she reconciled with the husband? I have read people advise that she can later have her husband come to US and get married from there...get married to a husband she is already married to? Just sounds strange...Will the husband allow her to take the son with-out an affidavit? The thing about lies is that they have to be backed up by another lie and before you know it her life will be one BIG lie...To me this sounds like a person who is not sure of what she wants...Personally I would tell her to remain in Kenya and enjoy her marriage with the husband she reconciled with. Going as single to the US will mean she has to keep backing up one lie with another lie...By the way getting her husband to the US will not be straight forward...she has to choose between the marriage and USA...period

Really? File "follow to join" for the husband?

Admittedly no one here is claiming to be an immigration lawyer or an expert in US immigration laws but I think it is very important for us to have a decent understanding of the process (at least) before we start throwing legalistic jargons around.

This woman's case does not qualify for a 'follow to join' process. IMO, there's no point giving her false hopes. Yes she can continue processing as "single" since that is what she played the lottery as, while technically she was still married. She will basically have to forget about this marriage if she wants to proceed with the selection. However, she will live in fear of potential discovery, her GC can be withdrawn if she's found to have fraudulently gotten it by withholding material information. If it's discovered after she becomes a USC, the citizenship can be revoked, she will face criminal charges which will most likely be followed with deportation and a life time ban!

Britsimon's response is a sound one, harsh as it may look. While being selected could be seen as a 'life time opportunity' living in the US is not a do or die affair! This lady is setting herself up for the possibility of being charged with a criminal offense by stating on the DS form that she is single when she clearly isn't! The DS form clearly states providing false information on the form could result in criminal charges being filed. However, not showing up for the interview could be interpreted as withdrawing the information since the form hasn't been signed.

There are numerous cases if people who fraudulently obtained the GC and were discovered numerous years later. I'm sure a google search will bring up some of those cases. As a matter of fact, Makiki did post on the 2013 Kenyan thread of a man who who did not include his son during his initial processing, after obtaining his GC he tried to bring his son to the US, of course he was discovered and prevented from returning.

Partitas, I'm implore you to present all the responses generated to this lady and she can go ahead and make her own decision.

I totally agree with Sm1smom...

Yeah Best to continue the whole process as single till when she finally gets the visa and in the US while in the US she can still file for the husband but on condition that she makes a new marriage certificate that indicates that she got married only after winning the DV if not it will mean that she lied during the initial process and her GC can be revoked.
so she has to be very careful in every step she takes and intends to take that will jeopardise her GC.

The thing is that she can't file for the husband because she won't have one as she declared she was single....it is extremely difficult to file for someone who is not related to you in anyway. Even when one is related to you i.e a child or spouse, the process is lengthy and the interviews seek to punch holes in the interviewees testimony.

This person should not even go to the interview (because there is a real risk of being caught in a lie, which since it was on the official form will be classed as fraud. Why do I say that - here ya go...

First of all, the instructions are clear and unambiguous. If you are married at the time of the eDV application but enter as single you will be disqualified. Then the person chose to repeat the lie on the 122/230 forms. Of course the CO has to have proof of the lie - and in the case of this person the proof will be the birth certificate of the minor sitting at the interview that will list the father of the child. From that point onward it would be an easy thing to put two and two together and come up with the marriage record (I am assuming that there is a register of civil marriages performed in the country where that person lives).

Then even if that doesn't cause the whole thing to come unstuck the comment about being reconciled means, I take it, that the applicant would want the husband to go to America one day - so then they have to show the marriage certificate from September 2011 and again that is going to be proof that this person lied on the eDV application and again on the 122/230 forms.

Really, that is a mess that cannot be sorted out. My advice would be to forget the green card and get on with her life. I don't mean to sound harsh, I am merely trying to point out the seriousness of the situation that this person is putting herself in.

I totally agree...

Hi guys 2014

All the best guys going for interview,pray before you go for your interview God hears Prayers. Good work Akello for the morning devotions keep it up.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.