• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 Kenyan Selectees Report here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi forum mates
i am sorry for the french interruption just that i had no time to translate the interview experience from another forum where i belong reason why i had to just post it like that. Also since the interview part between the consul and the member was in english it wouldnt be that difficult to understand.
I know english is the language here but come to think of it should a forum mate who does not understand english sends me a message in french wat should i do? reply in english or french.
Thanks Akelloh for the morning devotion and may the Almighty continue to inspire you.
Have a blessed day peeps

Bonsoir
Voullez vous avoir l'amabilite de me confier l'adresse du forum siteweb froncophone. Merci d'avance :)

Hi vladek15425
Here is the website-http:www.franceservice.com/forum/. It is made up of persons from Congo; Cameroon; Uganda; Algeria etc. However the language of communication in this forum is french.
Hope you do understand english since here we have persons from so many African countries so for easy communication; english is the language here.
Once more i am very sorry mates for the french interruption

Have a nice day

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey you forgot that the crown where I saw you off is 2 min from mid view lol!not where you first booked,I suppose you are going to get here earlier so that I get yo remind you exactly where.
Motor bike guy who took me there took me thru a different route, if he wanted he would have taken me a hostage bcs he was taking a blind man.We shall reach there the day before in the evening , that is around 7pm. I hope by that time you will still be in town.

I have been to the US embassy early morning and the earliest they let people in is about 6.15-6.30. Priority is given to DV guys anytime. They don't queue with others (visitor visas, other). No need to use a private taxi. If it's dark you can take a private taxi to Odeon bus stop from hotel (DON'T WALK IF ITS DARK).

Don't worry about embassy hours too much to leave Odeon at 5.15. Gigiri is freezing cold and you'll be outside until they open.

So if I leave Odeon at 6am would that be ok, because at 6am the darkness is already off. and can I reach the embassy atleast 6:15 if I leave at that time. But I think I may need to use a private cab bcs even moving from Gigiri stage to the embassy, I don't know how far, if its the same distance as IOM then we can use public if its longer then we need to use a private cab bcs I have kids.

people we are a different people from a different background.French, Swahili, Khoisan...we speak it all.even sign language. Communicate how u want, as long as its not a war cry or terrorism you are posting, someone will understand and interpret. Its never that serious; Christabel you don't have to apologize (imo) you thought on your feet and all you wanted to do was pass another person's experience to the forumites. And true to our diversity, Jonge interpreted. No harm no foul...#IsAllLoveInHere###

IRN...got my police cert yesterday. One step at a time is my mantra. :)

So if I leave Odeon at 6am would that be ok, because at 6am the darkness is already off. and can I reach the embassy atleast 6:15 if I leave at that time. But I think I may need to use a private cab bcs even moving from Gigiri stage to the embassy, I don't know how far, if its the same distance as IOM then we can use public if its longer then we need to use a private cab bcs I have kids.

In my opinion you don't have to spend a lot of money on private taxi..walking distance from the stage to Embassy is 400metres. Leave Odeon at 6, the road is clear to Gigiri. Drop off at the US Embassy/UN Stage and walk 3 minutes and you are at the Embassy gates.

Motor bike guy who took me there took me thru a different route, if he wanted he would have taken me a hostage bcs he was taking a blind man.We shall reach there the day before in the evening , that is around 7pm. I hope by that time you will still be in town.
I leave class at 8:30 so I will be around.

In my opinion you don't have to spend a lot of money on private taxi..walking distance from the stage to Embassy is 400metres. Leave Odeon at 6, the road is clear to Gigiri. Drop off at the US Embassy/UN Stage and walk 3 minutes and you are at the Embassy gates.
Ok, where is the embassy gate, do you go around this road which connects to village market or its along the road(United Nations Avenue) as you walk from the Taxi stage(Gigiri stage), according to the map, I can see the embassy fence touching two roads.

Wishing All the Forumites doing their interviews soon!!!

Hello House

To all starting the process to Obamaland this week and beyond!!!!:):):):):)

Authenticity and boldness is the key, hope you have prepared well. Do not carry fakes from River road they will just put you into problems or have you on months end under AP.

Just arrange your documents accordingly with the photocopies, all affidavits and be there very early ready for the interview.
Put all your documents in a folder so that you dont forget anything during the interview day. Equally, use a check list for the items listed by KCC and make copies in good time. counter check them as many times as possible to eliminate any mistake. Remember there will be no room for any mistake.
All the best of luck my pple there is nothing to fear. You've done your human part. The rest is divine and only time matters now.
All will be well with you. You are already a winner in Jesus name!!!!! I believe you are well prepared, take nothing for granted and Dress warmly. Carry an umbrella as well just in case it rains, do not wet you precious documents.

We eagerly Wait for your experience and success. May Almighty bless you all as we prepare for the task ahead.

Those going to Obamaland early don't forget to share your experience on the other side of the atlantic eg jobs, DL, Housing. GC, SSN, Re-entry permits, Flights, Culture shock etc For it will help the rest plan a head. All forumites of 2011 made it to Obamaland, so come on guys we 2014 Dv winners can achieve that too with God at the forefront of everything we too can make it. Thank you Akello for your inspiring quotes!!!!Jeremiah 11:29

My prayers are with you. All the best. God bless. God will be with you and will make you succeed.:):):):):)

Hello

Thanks a lot for this shared exprerience Christabel !!!

Gud afternoon special forum mates and hope all is well by His Grace and success to those going for interview this week Gods favour is urs and ours.
Here is a recit from anoda forum but its in french except those who can read and understand french but the interview took place in english and french.

Bjr la famille, comme la tradition du forum le veut, voici donc le récit de mon entretien (désolé de vous avoir fait attendre :p ). Je vais vous racontez mon séjour a Yaoundé.

Lundi , 15h30 j’arrive a Yaoundé. Tout de suite je vais chez le Docteur Nguela récupérer les résultats de mes examens( pour ceux qui ne le savent pas, c’est au diviste d’aller chercher ses résultats pour les amener a son RDV, la clinique ne les envois pas a l’ambassade. Je le dis parce que j’ai vus deux personne dans cette situation a l’ambassade). Donc je récupère mes résultats, on me dit qu’il n’y a aucun problèmes, qu’ils sont OK pour la suite !j’en suis ravi.

Je prend une chambre au Diplomate, a 100f de l’ambassade. Donc âpres la nuit presque blanche que tous les dvistes connaissent, ou tu te réveille toute les 15mns pour regarder ta montre(loool), 06h du matin fini par arriver. Mes docs sont bien rangés depuis la veille. Je prend une douche, je m’habille et je revérifie encor mes docs, OK ! Une goutte de parfum et je suis parti !06h35 je suis devant l’ambassade, il ya juste un autre couple qui es déjà présent . ma copine m’appelle pour me réveiller pour aller a mon RDV, lool ma chérie je suis déjà sur place !07H20 on est une dizaines de personne déjà, l’agent de sécurité ouvre la porte, un autre mec viens se mettre devant moi et me dit qu’il est la avant moi(dans mon cœur je me dit, mon ami ya 50mil visa, on est pas a un rang près, vas y).

Vérification d’identité et du RDV, Dépôt de téléphone et autre appareils a la consigne, passage des sacs et effets au scanner, passage des personnes au détecteurs de métaux .

Ensuite on arrive dans la salle principale, vérification de la lettre de RDV et on nous donne des numéros , je suis le 3e !Parfait, comme ca je pourrais observer comment ca se passe avec les deux premiers . 10mns après, caisse Num 1 pour payer les frais :Il prend le passeport, la lettre de rdv et 165mil( un peut moins que ce que je pensais , ca commence bien).je retourne m’assoir.

10 mns après encore(décidément c’est très rapide), caisse num 3 et la, surprise, la femme nous redonne les formulaires DS 230 part 1 et part 2 a remplir :Donc fallait encore remplir ce formulaire sur place ?ces forms ke certaines personnes ont mis 3jours a remplir a la maison avant d’envoyer au KCC, maintenant faut le remplir en quelque mns ?!Mais comme je suis hyper prudent, J’avais amené avec moi un exemplaire des forms que j’avais envoyé au KCC, donc pendant que les autres prenaient leurs temps pour aller minutieusement, moi j’ai rempli en 05 mins. Un guard nous donne une liste de documents a fournir(ce qui me concernait était : une photo, une photocopie du passeport, acte de naissance plus deux photocopies, Bac plus deux photocopies, casier judiciaire, examens médicaux)

Je retourne a la caisse 3 remettre les forms et elle me demande aussi les documents, je les lui fournis, elle prend mes empruntes me demande mon CN, mon num de tel . Elle ouvre les résultats des exams médicaux , retire la radio du thorax qu’elle me rend en que disant que je vais voyager avec mais garde elle garde le reste. je retourne m’assoir.

Je me retrouve a aider un gars qui était totalement perdu avec ses forms, c’est comme si le gars n’avait jamais vu ces forms avant, a croire ke c’est quelqu’un d’autre qui a fait tout pour lui ! Ensemble on a tout rempli . A ce moment dans la salle ya environ 40personnes, toutes les chaises sont occupées, la salle est pleine. Heureusement que je suis venu très tôt !

Comme j’ai remis mes forms en premier , je suis le 1er a être appelé pour Interview . Caisse Num 4, mon num apparait, une très gentille dame blanche m’accueille:

OC : good morning ,Levez la main droite et jurez ke tous ce….

MOI : Je le Jure

OC : where are you going in USA?

MOI: at Miami

OC: do you have a relative there?

MOi: yes, an aunt.

elle lit le nom de ma tante et je confirme

OC: you got your Bac en 2006 right?

MOI: YES

OC: in commercial Techniques?

MOI : YES techniques commercial ou marketing

OC :vous êtes francophone et je vois que vous avez fait 3ans a university of Buea

MOI : Oui, c’est grâce a ca que je parle anglais

OC : Ok ..ah..oK..your petition is approve, Congratulation ! You will come and find your VISA next week!

MOI: thank you Madame

Elle écrit la date sur le papier jaune, me le remet et me redit congrats !

8h45 j’avais déjà terminé. C’est la que je me rend compte que les anciens du forum ont raison, ya réellement pas de quoi stresser, c’était presque trop simple ! Tellement que j’ai même demander au l’agent de sécurité qui me rendait mes téléphones si c tout.. il me dit ke je peux déjà aller acheter mon billet si il y a aucun faut document dans mon dossier !

Voila c’est tout. 9h30 j’étais a mon hôtel, 11h jetais dans le bus assis a coté d’une ravissante fille, Eunice, rencontré dans l’agence! Mais ca, c’est une autre histoire …..Lool :D

Vous et bayar aiment ceci
Cesser d'aimer

CN 2014AF00007***cool.gifcool.gifcool.gifcool.gif(premier jeu=selection!! THANKS LORD!!!)
Entry Date : 2nd Nov, 2012
1st NL Checked :1st May, 2013
Sent Forms to KCC : 10th May, 2013
DHL Delivery Confirmation : 13th May, 2013
KCC Confirmation : 19th July, 2013
2nd NL : 13th September, 2013
Medicals : 02nd October 2013( results : 04th November, OK!!)
PCC : 29th October 2013
Interview : 05 November, 2013, PETITION APPROVED(sauce jaune) B)
Visa Picked-Up:??!!
P.O.E : Miami
GC Received :??!!
SSN Received :??!!

morning mates hope guys are doing great in ths thread !

Todays devotion
Luke 18;1
The Parable of the Persistent Widow

Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up.

Remember God loves you be blessed mates

New Entrant

Hi all forum members, new here but have been a guest in the thread. will i be able to get a date with the co considering my high cn?taking into account lowered kcse grades

yes Indian embassy in Nairobi gives Police Certificate

my friend i am gonna ask you one more time, are u sure that indian embassy in nairobi provides police certificate for foreigners who stayed in india for more than 1 year. sorry to bother you with this question, but i read a link from dv program, and it was saying that foreigners cannot apply for police certificate if they are out of india. i even asked my friend located in india to conform this, and he got back to me with the same assessment. i asked a frien of mine who is in kampala he went to indian embassy, they said they cannot provide PCC unless u r an indian.
so i am quite worried about that, i d appreciate if you could more informations regarding this small matter.

Ok, where is the embassy gate, do you go around this road which connects to village market or its along the road(United Nations Avenue) as you walk from the Taxi stage(Gigiri stage), according to the map, I can see the embassy fence touching two roads.

The gate is on United Nations Avenue..alight from UN bus stop cross to the junction with a Kobil petrol station and walk on UN Avenue.

hi forum mates,advice one of us who inboxed me. i have sensitive issue and hoping that u can help me.
1. i applied for the green card lottery 2014 my 2year old son and i, and i won it,during the time for application i had separated with my husband and in my application-marital status i indicated- single.
after winning, i also indicated 'single'-marital status in the forms and i send them to KCC. now, we reconciled with my husband and back together. ...take note that,i got married in september 2011- civil marriage......
what will i do now?
am so stressed out.

2. in the forms that i send to KCC, i realised that i left the part for the pertitioner blank' someone has said that i should send an updated form via email..the issue is that am not sure about the email.

3. i called KCC on august 23rd and they confirmed that they received my documents. will they send me an email?
thank you

vladek15425,
salut!!est-ce que vous parlez anglais svp? toutes les personnes ici utilisent ce langue, parce-qu'il y'a les ugandans, les kenyannes, les tanzanians, aussi les burundiennes et perssones de rwanda. si ce ne pas possible, je peux traduit, (Attention Aimanda7 et Christabel..ahem ahem :) ) mais je ne comprend pas le francais tres tres courrament comme vous. J'ai l'etude a l'ecole secondaire, il y'a 9ans depuis. alors...:D

Ahem Ahem. English speakers. Thank me later...;)

Yes nariobia
I do speak french + few other languages u may be noticed my english is not as good as simon's onehehe
But if u need help do hesitate just give me a shout :)

Hi vladek15425
Here is the website-http:www.franceservice.com/forum/. It is made up of persons from Congo; Cameroon; Uganda; Algeria etc. However the language of communication in this forum is french.
Hope you do understand english since here we have persons from so many African countries so for easy communication; english is the language here.
Once more i am very sorry mates for the french interruption

Have a nice day

Thanks a lot ur an angel

hi forum mates,advice one of us who inboxed me. i have sensitive issue and hoping that u can help me.
1. i applied for the green card lottery 2014 my 2year old son and i, and i won it,during the time for application i had separated with my husband and in my application-marital status i indicated- single.
after winning, i also indicated 'single'-marital status in the forms and i send them to KCC. now, we reconciled with my husband and back together. ...take note that,i got married in september 2011- civil marriage......
what will i do now?
am so stressed out.

2. in the forms that i send to KCC, i realised that i left the part for the pertitioner blank' someone has said that i should send an updated form via email..the issue is that am not sure about the email.

3. i called KCC on august 23rd and they confirmed that they received my documents. will they send me an email?
thank you

This person should not even go to the interview (because there is a real risk of being caught in a lie, which since it was on the official form will be classed as fraud. Why do I say that - here ya go...

First of all, the instructions are clear and unambiguous. If you are married at the time of the eDV application but enter as single you will be disqualified. Then the person chose to repeat the lie on the 122/230 forms. Of course the CO has to have proof of the lie - and in the case of this person the proof will be the birth certificate of the minor sitting at the interview that will list the father of the child. From that point onward it would be an easy thing to put two and two together and come up with the marriage record (I am assuming that there is a register of civil marriages performed in the country where that person lives).

Then even if that doesn't cause the whole thing to come unstuck the comment about being reconciled means, I take it, that the applicant would want the husband to go to America one day - so then they have to show the marriage certificate from September 2011 and again that is going to be proof that this person lied on the eDV application and again on the 122/230 forms.

Really, that is a mess that cannot be sorted out. My advice would be to forget the green card and get on with her life. I don't mean to sound harsh, I am merely trying to point out the seriousness of the situation that this person is putting herself in.

hy mates the thread is quite the common peeps are not visiting it anymore i know you are very busy guys but kindly find time and say something .Peace love you all and be blessed

This person should not even go to the interview (because there is a real risk of being caught in a lie, which since it was on the official form will be classed as fraud. Why do I say that - here ya go...

First of all, the instructions are clear and unambiguous. If you are married at the time of the eDV application but enter as single you will be disqualified. Then the person chose to repeat the lie on the 122/230 forms. Of course the CO has to have proof of the lie - and in the case of this person the proof will be the birth certificate of the minor sitting at the interview that will list the father of the child. From that point onward it would be an easy thing to put two and two together and come up with the marriage record (I am assuming that there is a register of civil marriages performed in the country where that person lives).

Then even if that doesn't cause the whole thing to come unstuck the comment about being reconciled means, I take it, that the applicant would want the husband to go to America one day - so then they have to show the marriage certificate from September 2011 and again that is going to be proof that this person lied on the eDV application and again on the 122/230 forms.

Really, that is a mess that cannot be sorted out. My advice would be to forget the green card and get on with her life. I don't mean to sound harsh, I am merely trying to point out the seriousness of the situation that this person is putting herself in.

Hi Partitas
i think if she really wants to try her luck; since she applied as single and sent her forms as single; she can still go to the interview as single without involving the husband because single and divorce are two separate things which she was supposed to have put divorce on her forms at the initial registration not single.
Like i said she can still try her luck one never knows with her baby as single mother.
Just my own opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.