• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 Kenyan Selectees Report here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well put Family2133...Aleki the embassy in Nairobi hasn't been asking for the AOS so far. However it is a good document to have if you can get one.

I feel that after lowering education requirement for Kenya they might look for other ways to deny people visas so if you don't have enough funds get the AOS guys

all the best..is this a Kenyan situation?Thot if u have original documents its OK..only the kcse results confirmation has to be sent from knec to the embassy...
JONGE,do u know how long it takes for national council for higher educ to certify a certificate?I want to certify a certficate before the interview but I have now 10 working days to interview. and do u think that its necessary if the institute has already
certified?

JONGE,do u know how long it takes for national council for higher educ to certify a certificate?I want to certify a certficate before the interview but I have now 10 working days to interview. and do u think that its necessary if the institute has already
certified?

Hey Family2133 why do you want to certify the certificate? The embassy needs the originals...and if the certificates in question are UNEB certificates, then UNEB is the only one that can certify copies...The thing is that they don't certify they will just write a letter in which they verify your grades...NHCE does not certify certificates it is a body that regulates the quality of higher eduction...so I am not sure what you want to achieve. Hope this helps

I feel that after lowering education requirement for Kenya they might look for other ways to deny people visas so if you don't have enough funds get the AOS guys

what you are saying is true,so many kenyans now qualify so education qualification is now a weak tool for elimination so other tools of elimination will be used and financial support may be one of the tools.so dear winners as we prepare,let us prepare to show strong financial support just in case they ask for it.

So family 2133,what did you decide about your certificates?
I will present O-level cert(representing 11 years of formal educ) + Certificate in IT(representing 1 year of formal edu) =12 years of formal education. I have also obtained a recommendation from my former sec school veryfying my S.5(A-level year 1) report forms.
I want National council for higher educ to veryfy the IT cert but i was there on friday and they told me that it may take some time and it comes out after the interview

all the best..is this a Kenyan situation?Thot if u have original documents its OK..only the kcse results confirmation has to be sent from knec to the embassy...

No this is a Ugandan situation,the certificate i want veryfy was obtained from a private institution

Hey Family2133 why do you want to certify the certificate? The embassy needs the originals...and if the certificates in question are UNEB certificates, then UNEB is the only one that can certify copies...The thing is that they don't certify they will just write a letter in which they verify your grades...NHCE does not certify certificates it is a body that regulates the quality of higher eduction...so I am not sure what you want to achieve. Hope this helps
I want to certify the 1 year IT certificate which is not UNEB area,I was at NCHE in kyambogo on friday and they said a certificate is verified at 60,000ushs,diploma at 120,000ushs and a degree at 200,000. infact they said tha most US colleges want NCHE certification when the admision is based on cert,diploma or degree. but the main reason why i want to certify the certificate is bcs it was obtained from a private institute in which case it may land me into an AP when they are investigating whether the institution is licenced

what you are saying is true,so many kenyans now qualify so education qualification is now a weak tool for elimination so other tools of elimination will be used and financial support may be one of the tools.so dear winners as we prepare,let us prepare to show strong financial support just in case they ask for it.

Please guys don't stress yourselves that much, and stop complicating things. US Embassy themselves said that an AOS is not a must, unless a CO says otherwise neither are those other financial documents. A friend of mine went for his interview in Oct and he was only asked one question.
Lowering the grades won't change how things are done at the Embassy. The questions are still the same as last years'.
So come on, relax bana. Visit Dv2011 Kenyan forum to read how things were. The minimum grade back then was a D plain basically somehow the same as ours.
Again Keep calm!.

I will second u on that jorj..I think we are putting too much Thot into this thing..let's follow instruction s and pray hard..that's the advice have got from a former DV winner.....
Please guys don't stress yourselves that much, and stop complicating things. US Embassy themselves said that an AOS is not a must, unless a CO says otherwise neither are those other financial documents. A friend of mine went for his interview in Oct and he was only asked one question.
Lowering the grades won't change how things are done at the Embassy. The questions are still the same as last years'.
So come on, relax bana. Visit Dv2011 Kenyan forum to read how things were. The minimum grade back then was a D plain basically somehow the same as ours.
Again Keep calm!.

The U.S. Embassy in Nairobi has
announced the 2014 Diversity Visa
requirements for the lottery winners who
were notified by the Department of State
of their selected status in May, 2013.
To qualify for the 2014 Diversity Visa, you
must meet the following requirements:
1. On your initial E-DV application,
you must have listed your spouse
even if you are currently separated
from him/her, unless you are
legally separated. If you are legally
separated or divorced, you do not
need to list your former spouse.
2. On your initial E-DV application,
you must have listed ALL of your
living children who are unmarried
and under 21 years old. This
includes your natural children, your
spouse’s children, or children you
have formally adopted in
accordance with the laws of your
country. The only exception is if
your child is already a U.S. citizen
or a U.S. Legal Permanent Resident.
You must have entered the correct
photograph of each individual into
the E-DV system. Failure to do so
may result in disqualification.
4. You must have completed a formal
course of elementary and
secondary education comparable to
12 years of elementary and
secondary education (high school)
in the U.S. Vocational degrees,
without secondary certificates, are
not considered equivalent to a U.S.
high school education. The U.S.
Embassy Nairobi consults with our
regional embassies to define what
the comparable standard is for high
school education in your country.
- For Kenya, you must have passed the
Kenyan Certificate of Secondary
Examination (KCSE) with a minimum
average score of D – (Minus). For
pre-1986, the Kenya Certificate of
Education (KCE) score must be a
minimum of Division IV.
- For Burundi, you must have a Diploma
D’Etat or Diploma A2.
- For Eritrea, you must have a minimum of
five D grades on the Eritrean Secondary
Education Certificate.
- For Mauritius, you must have a passing
credit (Grade 6 or above) in English on
the Cambridge School Certificate (SC),
plus the O-level certificate with a
minimum Grade 6 in four other subjects.
- For Rwanda, you must have a minimum
of 13 points on the A2 diploma, or
Advanced General Certificate of
Secondary Education (AGCSE). For
pre-2008 graduates, a minimum score of
1.5 is required on the Diploma of
Secondary Education.
- For Uganda, you must have the Uganda
Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE)
A-level certificate with a minimum of one
principal pass and one secondary pass out
of four total subject exams.
5. If you do not qualify based on
education, then you may qualify based on
work experience. You must have worked
for two years within the past five years in
an occupation requiring at least two years
of training or experience to perform. The
U.S. Department of Labor’s O*Net On-
line http://www.onetonline.org/find/
database will be used to determine
qualifying work experience. Please be
advised that it is very difficult to fulfill the
educational requirements based on work
experience. Qualifying occupations are
defined as those with Specific Vocational
Preparation (SVP) rating of 7 or above,
and are listed as job zone 4 or 5.
Please note the following:
Applicants who are citizens of Somalia
are advised that it is not possible for
the U.S. Embassy in Nairobi to verify
claimed educational or work
experiences that occurred in Somalia.
Without such verification, it may not be
possible to process such cases to
completion.
If you submit any fraudulent
documents with your application, you
will be ineligible to receive a visa.
Documents presented are subject to
independent verification; do not take
the risk of presenting a false document.
Marrying a person in order to confer
an immigration benefit through the
Diversity Visa WILL result in a
permanent ineligibility for both you
and your spouse.
Visa fees cannot be refunded. DV
applicants must meet all qualifications
for the visa. If a Consular Officer
determines an applicant does not meet
requirements for the visa, or is
otherwise ineligible for the DV under
U.S. law, the officer cannot issue a visa
and the applicant will forfeit all fees
paid.
Please be advised that there is no
guarantee that Diversity Visas will be
available after the month of your
scheduled appointment. Under no
circumstances can a visa be issued after
September 30, 2014.
Courtesy of U.S. Embassy in Nairobi
RELATED: American Embassy Nairobi and
Green Card Lottery

hallo mates its another new day that the lord has grant us i hope we are doing great as members of the thread the members who will face the CO soon am wishing you all the best remember the secret is good preparation ! lets keep the faith ,mates our daily
Monday prayer

Our daily Monday prayer
Lord God, almighty and everlasting Father, you have brought us in safety to this new day: Preserve us with your mighty power, that we may not fall into sin, nor be overcome by adversity; and in all we do, direct us to the fulfilling of your purpose; through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Be blessed and remember God loves you! AMEN

I have 10 working days to my interview,temperature is raising lol!!

Hi Family2133,

Remember for the interview, same transport as for medicals but you alight at the bus stop after Canadian Embassy and walk towards UN Gigiri HQ.I might be travelling so won't be around Nairobi.

I have 10 working days to my interview,temperature is raising lol!!

cool down,try to gather information as much as you can,try to read other forum and their interview results,in that way it will make you comfortable and stable
all the best forum mate

hallo mates its another new day that the lord has grant us i hope we are doing great as members of the thread the members who will face the CO soon am wishing you all the best remember the secret is good preparation ! lets keep the faith ,mates our daily
Monday prayer

Our daily Monday prayer
Lord God, almighty and everlasting Father, you have brought us in safety to this new day: Preserve us with your mighty power, that we may not fall into sin, nor be overcome by adversity; and in all we do, direct us to the fulfilling of your purpose; through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Amen...God be with you all.

Thanks dear for that wonderful morning spritual devotion and may God richly bless you all as we go through the first week of November.
Monday prayer

Our daily Monday prayer

hallo mates its another new day that the lord has grant us i hope we are doing great as members of the thread the members who will face the co soon am wishing you all the best remember the secret is good preparation ! Lets keep the faith ,mates our daily
monday prayer

our daily monday prayer
lord god, almighty and everlasting father, you have brought us in safety to this new day: Preserve us with your mighty power, that we may not fall into sin, nor be overcome by adversity; and in all we do, direct us to the fulfilling of your purpose; through jesus christ our lord.

Be blessed and remember god loves you! Amen

.........ameen>>>>

Again Keep calm!.

I third you on this one..

Status
Not open for further replies.