• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 Kenyan Selectees Report here

Status
Not open for further replies.
the last bit I agree...going nuts with apprehension ....:)will inbox u before the medicals....sawa?
to all new members karibu sana

yeah mate we are lucky atleast we have medicals on the same day, we'll support each other.but i know ur interview will be about a week before mine.so no worries medicals tuko pamoja mbaaiiiiyyaa!lol

God is good.... Got my 2NL today too. Still praising. Late Dec for me too Nairroba.

Notez you disappeared!!Hope all is well with you. How far have you gone with your preparation? Booked for your medicals yet??your signature seems to not be updated; I'm sure we could be having our interview on the same date too.#Ooh how i wish###:)

hi nairobba...sawa...interview mid dec...the spreadsheet disappered..somebody needs to retrieve it..the one family updated missing my details...have a great week guys..
yeah mate we are lucky atleast we have medicals on the same day, we'll support each other.but i know ur interview will be about a week before mine.so no worries medicals tuko pamoja mbaaiiiiyyaa!lol

hi nairobba...sawa...interview mid dec...the spreadsheet disappered..somebody needs to retrieve it..the one family updated missing my details...have a great week guys..

I feel that after lowering education requirement for Kenya they might look for other ways to deny people visas so if you don't have enough funds get the AOS guys
IMO, the embassy actually WANT to give you the the GC, the interview is simply a way of verifying your identity and information and also your ability to gain meaningful employment. As with any country, there checks that they must make to protect their citizens. They want to weed out the drug dealers, gangsters, rapists, people with communicable diseases etc. The education requirements are very recent, I know someone who hadn't even cleared high school and still got a GC in 05 I think. The introduction of the education certificates was probably a measure to protect immigrants with no education from probably selling all their property only to move to the us and become state charges.
From what i have read from the 2013 thread, if your papers are in order, the interview is a breeze.The only tough cases I have read about are people suddenly getting a spouse after winning the lottery,( he managed to go through successfully though), people with fake KCSE documents and issues with names on documents which are easily cleared through affidavits.
So in short, if you are the average citizen with no criminal record, no communicable disease and all documents are genuine and Ok, it'll be a breeze. If you are however trying to fraud the embassy, you can still make it through if it's a marriage, but it's a deal breaker if you have a criminal record or have fake KCSE certificates. This is Kenya so I wouldn't even say having fake KCSE docs is a deal breaker, you just have to know the right(wrong) person to send the email to the embassy.

morning mates hope you are all doing great wishing all those preparing for their interviews success

todays devotion

Romans 8:28
And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.

remember God loves you ,be blessed

morning mates hope you are all doing great wishing all those preparing for their interviews success

todays devotion

And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.

Amen Akelloh...God bless you...awesome work you're doing on the forum

hy peeps how are you doing family ,godia how is the preparation ? you will make it in Jesus name olesh how are you getting along bro
take care guyz

Please guys don't stress yourselves that much, and stop complicating things. US Embassy themselves said that an AOS is not a must, unless a CO says otherwise neither are those other financial documents. A friend of mine went for his interview in Oct and he was only asked one question.
Lowering the grades won't change how things are done at the Embassy. The questions are still the same as last years'.
So come on, relax bana. Visit Dv2011 Kenyan forum to read how things were. The minimum grade back then was a D plain basically somehow the same as ours.
Again Keep calm!.

Brother Jorji, we are not saying that its a requirement but the idea is that better be over prepared than less prepared, with Americans any thing can happen unexpectadly

The U.S. Embassy in Nairobi has
announced the 2014 Diversity Visa
requirements for the lottery winners who
were notified by the Department of State
of their selected status in May, 2013.
To qualify for the 2014 Diversity Visa, you
must meet the following requirements:
1. On your initial E-DV application,
you must have listed your spouse
even if you are currently separated
from him/her, unless you are
legally separated. If you are legally
separated or divorced, you do not
need to list your former spouse.
2. On your initial E-DV application,
you must have listed ALL of your
living children who are unmarried
and under 21 years old. This
includes your natural children, your
spouse’s children, or children you
have formally adopted in
accordance with the laws of your
country. The only exception is if
your child is already a U.S. citizen
or a U.S. Legal Permanent Resident.
You must have entered the correct
photograph of each individual into
the E-DV system. Failure to do so
may result in disqualification.
4. You must have completed a formal
course of elementary and
secondary education comparable to
12 years of elementary and
secondary education (high school)
in the U.S. Vocational degrees,
without secondary certificates, are
not considered equivalent to a U.S.
high school education. The U.S.
Embassy Nairobi consults with our
regional embassies to define what
the comparable standard is for high
school education in your country.
- For Kenya, you must have passed the
Kenyan Certificate of Secondary
Examination (KCSE) with a minimum
average score of D – (Minus). For
pre-1986, the Kenya Certificate of
Education (KCE) score must be a
minimum of Division IV.
- For Burundi, you must have a Diploma
D’Etat or Diploma A2.
- For Eritrea, you must have a minimum of
five D grades on the Eritrean Secondary
Education Certificate.
- For Mauritius, you must have a passing
credit (Grade 6 or above) in English on
the Cambridge School Certificate (SC),
plus the O-level certificate with a
minimum Grade 6 in four other subjects.
- For Rwanda, you must have a minimum
of 13 points on the A2 diploma, or
Advanced General Certificate of
Secondary Education (AGCSE). For
pre-2008 graduates, a minimum score of
1.5 is required on the Diploma of
Secondary Education.
- For Uganda, you must have the Uganda
Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE)
A-level certificate with a minimum of one
principal pass and one secondary pass out
of four total subject exams.
5. If you do not qualify based on
education, then you may qualify based on
work experience. You must have worked
for two years within the past five years in
an occupation requiring at least two years
of training or experience to perform. The
U.S. Department of Labor’s O*Net On-
line http://www.onetonline.org/find/
database will be used to determine
qualifying work experience. Please be
advised that it is very difficult to fulfill the
educational requirements based on work
experience. Qualifying occupations are
defined as those with Specific Vocational
Preparation (SVP) rating of 7 or above,
and are listed as job zone 4 or 5.
Please note the following:
Applicants who are citizens of Somalia
are advised that it is not possible for
the U.S. Embassy in Nairobi to verify
claimed educational or work
experiences that occurred in Somalia.
Without such verification, it may not be
possible to process such cases to
completion.
If you submit any fraudulent
documents with your application, you
will be ineligible to receive a visa.
Documents presented are subject to
independent verification; do not take
the risk of presenting a false document.
Marrying a person in order to confer
an immigration benefit through the
Diversity Visa WILL result in a
permanent ineligibility for both you
and your spouse.
Visa fees cannot be refunded. DV
applicants must meet all qualifications
for the visa. If a Consular Officer
determines an applicant does not meet
requirements for the visa, or is
otherwise ineligible for the DV under
U.S. law, the officer cannot issue a visa
and the applicant will forfeit all fees
paid.
Please be advised that there is no
guarantee that Diversity Visas will be
available after the month of your
scheduled appointment. Under no
circumstances can a visa be issued after
September 30, 2014.
Courtesy of U.S. Embassy in Nairobi
RELATED: American Embassy Nairobi and
Green Card Lottery
Thanks brother for the infomation

Hi Family2133,

Remember for the interview, same transport as for medicals but you alight at the bus stop after Canadian Embassy and walk towards UN Gigiri HQ.I might be travelling so won't be around Nairobi.
Thank you Guriix, I wish you could provide me with a map like you did last time, it really helped me a lot, let me hope that IOM and the embassy are almost in the same locality. Any idea other members?

lol partitas a lil laugh eases the nerves kiasi, atleast takes people's minds off this whole worrying situation goin on..:cool:

Yes we need to take some time off once in a while and have a laughter otherwise by the time you complete this whoel DV process, you may have turned into a mzei of 90 years due to wrinkle that keep on coming on your face when things do not work out the way you expect them along the line.

todays devotion

Yeah and blessed is a man who finds his strength in the LORD.
Amen

hy peeps how are you doing family ,godia how is the preparation ? you will make it in Jesus name olesh how are you getting along bro
take care guyz
Thanks. Everything is ready now just waiting for the judgment day, I received the police certificates yesterday only that they did not give me a copy of the finger prints, I am wondering whether its normal. Otherwise being our spiritual leader , I need your prayers seriously.

Thanks. Everything is ready now just waiting for the judgment day, I received the police certificates yesterday only that they did not give me a copy of the finger prints, I am wondering whether its normal. Otherwise being our spiritual leader , I need your prayers seriously.

They don't give out copies of the finger print....that is normal. You are now all set. A few more days to go. By the way today we are on.

Status
Not open for further replies.