• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 Kenyan Selectees Report here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems that due to a security breach we was thrown out.... :) we back however, had to sign up afresh. And the Fiscal Year is about to begin.... Wow!!!! well lets buckle up and pray for a favourable journey to all of us. Stay blessed.

True , Beth02 by now should have received the 2NL but looking at the time he sent the forms, he should get it after Partitas has got hers, Partitas sent in June whereas this one sent in August
Beth02 you are welcome to the forum. From your signature you should have got your 2NL

Just go on with the process until conclusion, just make sure that you have everything in order. Its God's agent if not God Him self ( Glory be to Him) who is in the CO chair. There are so many experiences on the 2013 thread where over qualified people got denied and the under qualified granted visas. Read the following interview experiences on 2013 thread, MAKIKI, Tmaz etc. This is like an investment where you put your money and not sure of the returns, in investment world if you can not take risks then you exit the world. Do not think that every one here is fine, there are so many who are taking this risk including my self.
Hey congrats for all DV2014 selectees... i understand that interviews are commencing in few days to come-- just to ask What if someone has college certs does he also need to go for the confidential results from KNEC .... if in case you someone has gone to college and graduated with KNEC college certs??

... for all those DV2014 winners whom their cases are low and have C- in KCSE please after ua interviews come back and share with us your experience.... Dats KCSE C- WITH SOME COLLEGE LEVEL COURSES?? PLEAAAAASE......
I av C- with a Diploma and Certificate but lots of sleepless nites just as 2014 fiscal year starts...

am dv2014 selectee 48***(Kenya)

On addition to what others have so far contributed, AP can occur if the embassy sees it necessary to request for SAO(Security Advisory Opinion ) from Washington, in most cases this situation happens if the applicant has a name similar to that one on wanted list, the applicant is from a country well known for terrorism acts, the applicant has hands on experience in certain Tech-no-logies which could be a threat to US security, etc, . AP due to SAO , if Washington does not clear you positively , you can never get the Visa.
Hi guys. Could you kindly highlight all the likely scenarios for an AP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys!
Does anyone know of a relatively cheap but secure place where we guys from Uganda can book during our stay in Nairobi? I have also heard people say that we need about 2 weeks in Nairobi both for medicals and interview; is this ideal? Thirdly, is it true that vaccinations are only carried out on Thursdays?

Thanks a lot.
You are welcome KaiaUG, where have you been all along. For your information, we are now 3 Ugandans on the forum, Yourself, JONGE and I and we are looking forward to helping each other with a hand from our brothers and sisters in Kenya. Myself I will be in Nairobi in Mid October for medicals and am Liaising with some of my brothers and sisters in Kenya ( Partitas, Skache, Guriix,Godia and Jorj), since your time is not yet nigh, wait I will share with you my experience in Nairobi.
Concerning the period of stay in Nairobi, its true that on average , the time you spend in Nairobi is around two weeks irrespective of whether you make one journey or two journeys. But my advice is , to avoid re-scheduling of the interview, its better we Ugandans to travel twice to Nairobi, 1st journey for medicals (soon after the 2nd Nl is received) and the 2nd journey for the interview. If your medicals are very near to the interview date and you happen to get a delay in the results, that will be an automatic rescheduling and mind you securing another interview date is not easy, the fiscal year may even end before you secure another interview date.

Am back now after 3 weeks off from the forum.Good to be back to share experience and idea with my people.3 more days to go for dannyden who is the only person that falls in october according to the spreadsheet,.

Welcome bac its good 2 b back lets all makin this FY our year filled with sweet memories wish all our mates the best in their interviews .we need to keep the house warm

Hello forum mates, I need your advice: My host family have just changed the address, which means that they shifted to another location but not far from the 1st one. So, what shall I do? when am I to inform this change to KCC or Consulate?!!
look forward to hearing from you my mates

Am back now after 3 weeks off from the forum.Good to be back to share experience and idea with my people.3 more days to go for dannyden who is the only person that falls in october according to the spreadsheet,.

Welcome back Samolaniyi...just 1 more day

Hello forum mates, I need your advice: My host family have just changed the address, which means that they shifted to another location but not far from the 1st one. So, what shall I do? when am I to inform this change to KCC or Consulate?!!
look forward to hearing from you my mates

Hi Aimanda7,

their are a couple of ways to handle this:

1 - you could wait for the interview and have this changed at the embassy. The CO will change this and update your file. This is the best choice if your interview date is so close
2 - the other option is to resend an updated form either by post or email.
3 - You can also change the address at the P.O.E

I hope this helps.

Welcome bac its good 2 b back lets all makin this FY our year filled with sweet memories wish all our mates the best in their interviews .we need to keep the house warm

Akelloh you too have been lost...it must have been the Westgate issues. I hope you pulled through safely. Yeah lets make this FY a joyous one

Hi Aimanda7,

their are a couple of ways to handle this:

1 - you could wait for the interview and have this changed at the embassy. The CO will change this and update your file. This is the best choice if your interview date is so close
2 - the other option is to resend an updated form either by post or email.
3 - You can also change the address at the P.O.E

I hope this helps.

thx for the advises, I appreciate the 1st and the last , I fear to resend an update never know it may delay my case.

Yes, and the first person in the ring on our thread is Dannyden, let us all join and pray for him all will be well.

How are you mates? welcome to all new members, we're one family, please update your signature and keep this thread alive.
Pray for me, I need some moral support now that the D day is coming in few hours. I feel
good, all documents ready, today i'll go for translation of bank statement. It's cold in Moscow (about 3 degres) so I don't know how long to wait before gettin in and how to wear.

How are you mates? welcome to all new members, we're one family, please update your signature and keep this thread alive.
Pray for me, I need some moral support now that the D day is coming in few hours. I feel
good, all documents ready, today i'll go for translation of bank statement. It's cold in Moscow (about 3 degres) so I don't know how long to wait before gettin in and how to wear.

Hi Dannyden,

YOu will be just fine. The Lord go before you this day my friend. He will clear every obstacle that is before you.

God is in Charge Relax believe and you will recieve

Hello Dannyden. Yes the Dday s just hours away. We will be praying for you and looking forward to the good news from you soon. God is in charge, i believe you have done your best leave the rest to Him.

All the best.Cheers

You are welcome KaiaUG, where have you been all along. For your information, we are now 3 Ugandans on the forum, Yourself, JONGE and I and we are looking forward to helping each other with a hand from our brothers and sisters in Kenya. Myself I will be in Nairobi in Mid October for medicals and am Liaising with some of my brothers and sisters in Kenya ( Partitas, Skache, Guriix,Godia and Jorj), since your time is not yet nigh, wait I will share with you my experience in Nairobi.
Concerning the period of stay in Nairobi, its true that on average , the time you spend in Nairobi is around two weeks irrespective of whether you make one journey or two journeys. But my advice is , to avoid re-scheduling of the interview, its better we Ugandans to travel twice to Nairobi, 1st journey for medicals (soon after the 2nd Nl is received) and the 2nd journey for the interview. If your medicals are very near to the interview date and you happen to get a delay in the results, that will be an automatic rescheduling and mind you securing another interview date is not easy, the fiscal year may even end before you secure another interview date.

Hello Family2133,
Thanks for the post! The info is rich and so helpful. Nice to meet you and JONGE! Have never thought of the possibility of doing Medicals and then returning to Uganda; that sounds brilliant! But would it not be costly if am travelling with a family of 4, including myself? I don't know... but maybe it's cheaper than staying in Nairobi for about 2 wks. What do you guys think? Let's troubleshoot. Thanks guys... am blessed to be on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.