• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 Kenyan Selectees Report here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi fellow forum mates i have a problem from a friend that i need some suggestions.
I have a friend who won the DV 2014 lottery and has a boyfriend but they are not legally married. The boyfriend had an immigrant interview in 2012 in the US Embassy and was given a 10 years ban because he reduced his age and after suprise investigations by them it was discovered. Now that my friend won the lottery and intends to get married to this guy legally after her visa but the problem is CAN SHE APPLY FOR THE HUSBAND ONCE SHE IS IN THE US? despite the ban will it be approved? eventhough he has a 10years ban?.
Her case is really complicated please anyone with an idea should help my friend on wat is best to do.

I don’t think the bar would be lifted in these circumstances – in fact I read of a case where the bar would not be lifted for the spouse of a citizen. They may be able to apply for a hardship waiver, although I think that may only cover spouses of citizens and is not a simple process.

If she enters without the boyfriend, they are going to have to get ready to spend a lot of time apart and spend a lot of money on good lawyers to try to resolve the issue.

Yeah She can fill for him but it should be after the completion of the 10 year ban. The ban stands out regardless of any status change, as long as he lied. They have it in their system and they will immediately know once they take his finger prints.

Additional, plus correctional views are highly welcomed.

Thx sooo much Jorj
But on the other hand this cannot affect him from applying for a visa in a different country right? Because she said he is thinking of going to another country.

I don’t think the bar would be lifted in these circumstances – in fact I read of a case where the bar would not be lifted for the spouse of a citizen. They may be able to apply for a hardship waiver, although I think that may only cover spouses of citizens and is not a simple process.

If she enters without the boyfriend, they are going to have to get ready to spend a lot of time apart and spend a lot of money on good lawyers to try to resolve the issue.

Thx sooo much britsimon
But on the other hand this cannot affect him from applying for a visa in a different country right? Because she said he is thinking of going to another country.

I woke up early enough to avoid any any small mistakes. I arrived at the Embassy 5.40am. My appointment was 6.30 am. Surprisingly, I got about 12 people already waiting at the gate! BY 6 am, we underwent security check after presenting passport and NL. Got inside, Produced the passport and NL again for some register to be marked. We then waited for like 10 minutes then went into a room where all electronics and other metalic things were left. Afterwards, I was given some number and went to the very cold outside to wait for my number to be called. While idle, I interacted with others and I got that many don't know about this forum or are not even computer literate. One said he only reads but never posts anything. After like an hour, my number was called to window 5. here, I gate my passport, NL, KCSE cert and copy, birth cert and copy, police clearance cert, degree cert and copy. was asked some random quizes by some Kenyan lady like...ever married, ever been convicted in court, any children, etc. Here, I saw the confidential results that were sent by KNEC my last passport photo was returned to me and I was aked to give one cope of the current passport photo. She then directed me to pay the interview fee. I paid, went to the cold outside again, sat and waited for another like 2 hours. My number was called again to window 8. I met some American Lady who spoke very fluent Ekegusii! I even wondered if my grandmother knows more Ekegusii than her! Here my fingerprints were taken then I went to the freezing outside again. Waited like 1 hour then my name was called. I didnt even know that I was now going to face the CO.
I didnt know that the interview with the CO is done from a window! I was welcomed by some American lady that is all smiles.
CO: raise your right hand and swear that you will say the truth.
ME: (I did)
CO: Sign here.
ME (I did)
CO: are you married
Me: No
CO: any children:
ME: none
CO: what do you do
ME: ( I responded)
CO: Do you know anybody in US
ME: yes, a relative
CO: where does he stay
ME : (I responded)
CO: Tell your host to wait for you
ME: Thank you mam
CO: I grant you the visa. (She handed me the green form and some form with alien numbser already written* seems like my visa was given before I even faced the CO)
ME: Thank you very much mam
CO: You can now go for lunch
ME. Thank you. By the way, Why didn't they take 2 passport photos from me?
CO: (I didnt hear what she said) just bring the other one.
ME: (I gave her)
ME: I want to change my host
CO: No problem, you will d that later
me: Thank you.

THATS ALL

My question:
All my original education docs, birth cert etc remained there. IS that how it is supposed to be?

Thx sooo much britsimon

Thx sooo much britsimon

No the bar does not matter to another country - but hopefully he will be totally honest this time and avoid issues...

Can someone please respond to my question? All my original education docs, birth cert etc remained in the embassy. I was only given a green sheer and some white paper with Alien number and case number. IS that how it is supposed to be? Hopw will I get my original documents?

I woke up early enough to avoid any any small mistakes. I arrived at the Embassy 5.40am. My appointment was 6.30 am. Surprisingly, I got about 12 people already waiting at the gate! BY 6 am, we underwent security check after presenting passport and NL. Got inside, Produced the passport and NL again for some register to be marked. We then waited for like 10 minutes then went into a room where all electronics and other metalic things were left. Afterwards, I was given some number and went to the very cold outside to wait for my number to be called. While idle, I interacted with others and I got that many don't know about this forum or are not even computer literate. One said he only reads but never posts anything. After like an hour, my number was called to window 5. here, I gate my passport, NL, KCSE cert and copy, birth cert and copy, police clearance cert, degree cert and copy. was asked some random quizes by some Kenyan lady like...ever married, ever been convicted in court, any children, etc. Here, I saw the confidential results that were sent by KNEC my last passport photo was returned to me and I was aked to give one cope of the current passport photo. She then directed me to pay the interview fee. I paid, went to the cold outside again, sat and waited for another like 2 hours. My number was called again to window 8. I met some American Lady who spoke very fluent Ekegusii! I even wondered if my grandmother knows more Ekegusii than her! Here my fingerprints were taken then I went to the freezing outside again. Waited like 1 hour then my name was called. I didnt even know that I was now going to face the CO.
I didnt know that the interview with the CO is done from a window! I was welcomed by some American lady that is all smiles.
ME (I did)
CO: I grant you the visa. (She handed me the green form and some form with alien numbser already written* seems like my visa was given before I even faced the CO)

THATS ALL

My question:
All my original education docs, birth cert etc remained there. IS that how it is supposed to be?

Congrats enoo, i'm happy for you.

ME (I did)

THATS ALL

My question:
Congrats enoo!a great future is waiting for you!

ME (I did)

What else can we say Mr. Edwin rather we just wish you all the best in all your endevours.
You'll be going airbourne anytime from today .
You really bombarded dv2013 thread with question. So w 2014 expect you to drop once in a while n help out answering some questions.
All the best.

What else can we say Mr. Edwin rather we just wish you all the best in all your endevours.
You'll be going airbourne anytime from today .
You really bombarded dv2013 thread with question. So w 2014 expect you to drop once in a while n help out answering some questions.
All the best.

And who is this who knows my name?

ME (I did)

THATS ALL

My question:

Congratulations Eno...I recall from the different threads you 'sounded' scared...you see the Lord came through for you...congs again...

Forum mates,

I hope you are all well. Just 12 days to go my friends...those with interviews in October I hope you are ready by now. Have an awesome day. God bless you all

How long does it take for IOM to reply after you have sent a mail requesting for a medical examination appointment. I sent them a mail yesterday on nbomed@iom.int and iomnbomedical@iom.int
but up to now I have not yet received any reply , not even an auto reply. Advice.

How long does it take for IOM to reply after you have sent a mail requesting for a medical examination appointment. I sent them a mail yesterday on nbomed@iom.int and iomnbomedical@iom.int
but up to now I have not yet received any reply , not even an auto reply. Advice.

Godia recommends you call them instead of emailing them.
Here's the number +254734860686.

Forum mates,

I hope you are all well. Just 12 days to go my friends...those with interviews in October I hope you are ready by now. Have an awesome day. God bless you all

thanks and we keep faith. I'm ready to go and pick up this visa.

Status
Not open for further replies.