• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 Kenyan Selectees Report here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks family2133,so after the interview or any changes in our status,we can always come back to change it.
Yes we update the spread sheet as we progress, we don't wait for the interview to game, look at Danny who is in the first position, he has already updated his information bcs he is having interviews on 1st Oct 2014. I think you , me and Godia will be updating our information soon because we expect 2nl in September

D_J

I'm not really familiar with the KCSE qualifications, but you seem to be pretty sure that the grades are less than the high school equivalent required. The Diploma in IT may well be considered a vocational diploma and therefore will not count toward the educational requirement. So you may not qualify through the education route and that would mean you MUST qualify through work experience.

In order to qualify for work experience you have to have 2 years experience in a qualifying occupation. Those occupations are those that generally require a Bachelors degree to perform the role. The title Computer Technician sounds like someone who works in the support of PCs perhaps in a help desk type role. That sort of role would probably NOT be considered a qualifying occupation - so you need to be realistic about how your occupation will be rated. If you would like to explain your occupation with some detail here we could probably help you assess whether the role will qualify you or not.

This link shows the occupations similar to computer technician. Some of these roles are not qualifying roles, some are.

http://www.onetonline.org/find/quick?s=Computer+technician
No, the Diploma in IT is not a vocational education, it can actually be considered to qualify for DV thru education. The vocational courses which are not considered are the ones which can not be used to pursue further formal education. IT diploma is a formal course of education and so can be used to pursue further formal education.

hello family2133,you are doing a nice work here,i must commend you for that,pls keep on the good work.cheers
Thanks dear. Let us pray for each other so that at one time we shall come back after interview to share good news and praise the Lord for that!

my opinion on this is that you should not go for the interview without your medical cause this can jeopadise your chances of getting the visa,the best option is to call to reshedule your interview or you should go for your medical examination as soon as you received your 2NL to avoid delay in getting your result as well getting vaccination on time if the need arise.

I am not a lawyer, just is just my opinion.
I would love to go as soon as I receive my 2nl but I have kids and I must travel from Uganda to Kenya, so I wanted to make one trip and also if I go for medicals early, it will reduce on the time I will have for preparation before flying to USn in case the visas are granted

Hi Family 2133 I don't know if anyone has answered your question regarding the police certificate validity. According to the US Department of State Foreign Affairs Manual Volume 9 - (FAM 42.65 N3 Section on Validity of supporting documents...), it states that supporting documents that are subject to change are valid for ONE year. This time limitation applies to Form DS-230, Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration, Form DS-260, Online Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration, medical examinations, and police certificates from any country visited or inhabited subsequent to the previous clearances.

I hope this helps. Also remember that the visa expiry date is tagged to that expiry.
So if I expect the interview in Nov, do u advice me to start processing the P.C if I want to fly out at the end of March next year?

hi jorj,i disagree with you on validity of police cert.In Nigeria,the validity of police cert is 3 months.when i got my 1NL i mmediately went to process my police cert and later found out written boldly on the cert that its expire after 3months.so i will still need to renew it before i go for my interview.I dont about other country policy on police certificate but in naija ,its validity is 3 months.
For Ugandans who have ever received P.C , what is its validity period?

For Ugandans who have ever received P.C , what is its validity period?

Hello Family2133,

the police validity period for Uganda is 6 months. I applied for one sometime early this year. It is actually called a certificate of good conduct. If you plan to travel in march this year and you anticipate your interview to be in November, start processing your police certificates (for all persons above 18) at the end of September. Verification of finger prints with interpol takes 2 weeks. So by the end of October you will have them

Hello everybody.
It's already September and I'm impatiently waiting for the bulletin of November. Family2133, Godia and Samolaniyi good luck to you, I keep fingers crossed.

Family2133,

I have read your posts on the 2013 thread about the medical. What you could do is you could actually go to IOM in Kololo and do a medical before you go for the medical in Nairobi. I however think they will be fine. If they were infected with TB you would have know it by now. I think you will be fine

Hello everybody.
It's already September and I'm impatiently waiting for the bulletin of November. Family2133, Godia and Samolaniyi good luck to you, I keep fingers crossed.

Yeah Dannyden,

time is indeed flying...bulletin will come-out mid this month.

hi all

its been 11 weeks since I sent the second inquiry regarding my forms and now i am being told that i should wait for 10 to 12 weeks after sending them before inquiring!November isn't far and i hope they will confirm by end of September coz i cannot go for medical without confirmation.

its been 11 weeks since I sent the second inquiry regarding my forms and now i am being told that i should wait for 10 to 12 weeks after sending them before inquiring!November isn't far and i hope they will confirm by end of September coz i cannot go for medical without confirmation.

Hello Partitas,

they are probably inundated with the number of forms they are receiving. What you could do is call them. You may call the Kentucky Consular Center at (+1) 606-526-7500 between 7:30am and 4:00pm EST.

I hope this helps

Administrator said:

NOTE : Due to a security breach, we had to restore the forums to September 1 , 2013 . We apologize for the loss of data from last few days and the inconvenience caused. Regards Administrator

Morning Dv 2014 thread Members, This is flight dv14-101. The Capt has apologized for the inconveniences.
So lets sit tight n continue with this beautiful Journey.
What's new out there, any news Family2133, Dannyden and the rest of the crew?

Morning Dv 2014 thread Members, This is flight dv14-101. The Capt has apologized for the inconveniences.
I have no great news, I have not yet received the 2nd NL. Do you know how long it takes to get it after the Visa bulletin is out?
The News I have is that I am already in connection with Skatche and Godia to help me out while in Nairobi, thanks to these two kind people.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thank them too , Skatche and Godia, may God bless your hospitality ..you deserve God blessing and may God grant you VIsas

I have no great news, I have not yet received the 2nd NL. Do you know how long it takes to get it after the Visa bulletin is out?
The News I have is that I am already in connection with Skatche and Godia to help me out while in Nairobi, thanks to these two kind people.

no news. next week i'll go for medicals, i got all papers now thinking about translation. 18 days to D day, good news are coming very soon. In kenya what type of delivery
u use, here in moscow i registered for home delivery by ponyexpress. to all members of the family have a nice day.

how r u Fam? it takes about 6-10 days. I got mine after 7 days.

Family2133,

I thought you can check for in on the website just like we checked when we were selected.

Skache where do you reside?? am currently in Eldoret going to Nairobi next month when I get the 2NL. Family I have someone looking for accomodation will keep you posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.