• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 Kenyan Selectees Report here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Yvesy04,
I m rwandan and I can tell you that you re welcome to this forum it's an amazing one.
Hello everyone,

Any Rwandese on this forum that we can share information on types of documents and the time it takes to get them. Though the experience of other east Africans is paramount as most of us have interview in Nairobi.

please Yves this link is very significant for you and you re required to have a look on it .... your name , country are missing.....
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...LZ1laWnc#gid=0
Aimanda, the link you have provided has a problem, let him try this one below.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AqZnbgMvNnNHdFFZS2hKS295c1BDR1dpb1RLZ1laWnc#gid=0
Yves, just fill your details after the last entry on the sheet, don't worry about the order, I will re- order after you have entered and put you in the right position

Can one still go and attend the interview if his/her medical final results are not yet out/still undergoing treatment? OR if one gets a delay in release of final medical examinations just re-schedules the interview.
Advice

Dear Samolaniyi, your addition was successful, you are in the second row after Danny, what happens is that after you have filled your entry at the bottom, we re - order/ sort the list so that the names are in the order of the date when the interview is expected i.e, the first person on the list is receiving the interview first and the last person on the list is receiving the interview last, this is based on the previous visa bulletins.

Thanks family2133,so after the interview or any changes in our status,we can always come back to change it.

Can one still go and attend the interview if his/her medical final results are not yet out/still undergoing treatment? OR if one gets a delay in release of final medical examinations just re-schedules the interview.
Advice

my opinion on this is that you should not go for the interview without your medical cause this can jeopadise your chances of getting the visa,the best option is to call to reshedule your interview or you should go for your medical examination as soon as you received your 2NL to avoid delay in getting your result as well getting vaccination on time if the need arise.

I am not a lawyer, just is just my opinion.

For how long does a police certificate remain valid as far as DV lottery is concerned?

Hi Family 2133 I don't know if anyone has answered your question regarding the police certificate validity. According to the US Department of State Foreign Affairs Manual Volume 9 - (FAM 42.65 N3 Section on Validity of supporting documents...), it states that supporting documents that are subject to change are valid for ONE year. This time limitation applies to Form DS-230, Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration, Form DS-260, Online Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration, medical examinations, and police certificates from any country visited or inhabited subsequent to the previous clearances.

I hope this helps. Also remember that the visa expiry date is tagged to that expiry.

JONGE thanks. I know i need the police clearance from Nigeria and i have already arranged it, when my i am current i will only have to order the delivery since it has a short period of validity date.

For those who asked how we are, i say am very ok. Wish you all to be ok.

Hi Ormania,

do keep in mind that the police certificate is valid for 1 year only. Also the visa insurance will be based on its validity. So if at the time of the interview it has 2 months to expire, you visa will have a validity period of 2 months which might not leave ample time to prepare for departure.

Marrige certificate different dates

Hi All,

Can somebody help clarify this. We applied as married coz we were under customery law in 2010, i indicated this on our forms D230. But after we were selected, we went for a marriage certificate that showed the date of marriage as 2013. what can we do?

2014AF00015***.

Hi All,

Can somebody help clarify this. We applied as married coz we were under customery law in 2010, i indicated this on our forms D230. But after we were selected, we went for a marriage certificate that showed the date of marriage as 2013. what can we do?

2014AF00015***.

have you gone to ask if they can change that for you?

Hi All,

2014AF00015***.

Hi Kenapol,

if I understand you properly, you applied for the DV lottery as married. Is this correct? If so then you will need to show some kind of proof that you were married at the time you applied for the DV. Customary marriages are also recognized marriages. Just make sure you have proof of some kind (e.g wedding pictures, dvd,) anything to show that you are married. I hope this helps

Hi Ormania,

do keep in mind that the police certificate is valid for 1 year only. Also the visa insurance will be based on its validity. So if at the time of the interview it has 2 months to expire, you visa will have a validity period of 2 months which might not leave ample time to prepare for departure.

hi jorj,i disagree with you on validity of police cert.In Nigeria,the validity of police cert is 3 months.when i got my 1NL i mmediately went to process my police cert and later found out written boldly on the cert that its expire after 3months.so i will still need to renew it before i go for my interview.I dont about other country policy on police certificate but in naija ,its validity is 3 months.

hi jorj,i disagree with you on validity of police cert.In Nigeria,the validity of police cert is 3 months.when i got my 1NL i mmediately went to process my police cert and later found out written boldly on the cert that its expire after 3months.so i will still need to renew it before i go for my interview.I dont about other country policy on police certificate but in naija ,its validity is 3 months.

Hi 2, You mean't JONGE not Jorj ...lol. Anyway I think JONGE like I, didn't know the validity of other country's Police certificate and he answered the question based on the Kenyan one which has a 1yr validity.
But someone please clarify this, do they give the visa based on police certificate validity or based on Medical certificate validity.
One more thing, I heard that although the Police cert is valid for 1 yr(Here in Kenya), the'll only accept a police cert less than 6mnths.(I mean which was acquired just recently, which means it'll have more than 6mnths remaining on it)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi 2, You mean't JONGE not Jorj ...lol. Anyway I think JONGE like I, didn't know the validity of other country's Police certificate and he answered the question based on the Kenyan one which has a 1yr validity.
But someone please clarify this, do they give the visa based on police certificate validity or based on Medical certificate validity.
One more thing, I heard that although the Police cert is valid for 1 yr(Here in Kenya), the'll only accept a police cert less than 6mnths.(I mean which was acquired just recently, which means it'll have more than 6mnths remaining on it)

In South Africa,
the police clearance validity is 6 months so i guess it depends on country issuing that document.

samolaniyi, you are perfectly right. Same thing happened to me, but how do you renew it?

Well it is true that different countries have different validity periods for the police certificate. Here in Uganda for instance it is 6 months. However referring to the U.S. Department of State Foreign Affairs Manual Volume 9 - Visas the section on 9 FAM 42.65 N3 VALIDITY OF SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS AND APPLICATION FORM DS-230, APPLICATION FOR IMMIGRANT VISA AND ALIEN REGISTRATION, OR FORM DS-260, ELECTRONIC APPLICATION FOR IMMIGRANT VISA AND ALIEN REGISTRATION[/], the validity period is 1 year provided you don't travel back to that country. Please refer to the below link/document http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/87887.pdf
I hope this clarifies it all.

Russia. but what happened? i still the one for october?
Of course you are still the only one for October, I do not know another person. There is a Ugandan whose number is current for Oct but then his forms I think were not received by KCC and has not yet received 2nd NL

Status
Not open for further replies.