• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 Kenyan Selectees Report here

Status
Not open for further replies.
should all the Kenyans selectees visit KNEC or its just the ones with a c plain and above?

I dont think grade matters, guys av forged certs and its now affecting everybody. To be on the safe side just have KNEC forward a copy to the embassy. I saw sumone with a C minus who got issued with a visa but he or she did some bridging for two yrs....and some other course, so guys with that grade should avoid freaking if they believe they have a strong defence. Thats my two cents advice n I stand to be corrected.

should all the Kenyans selectees visit KNEC or its just the ones with a c plain and above?

Well it is not about the grades really...it is all about playing safe...if the counselor thinks it is forged, he will put on AP as they confirm with the relevant authorities. It appears the number of forgeries has been on the increase. To be on the safe side, just have KNEC send a copy to the embassy.

Am aware that most of the people who immigrate to the USA normally start over especially enrolling for college afresh. If not you end up doing odd jobs forever. I don't know how difficult it will be for me coz I don't intend to go back to school. Any advice?

Well this will greatly depend on your work experience and qualifications. Especially the work experience and in which profession you were working in. If you were a teacher or a doctor for example, hmmm you will have to do some reading before they can allow you to work. If you are a network engineer for example with necessary professional certifications and work experience, then you won't need to go back to school unless if you want to change professions.

because of some forgeries done, it is now compulsory for all kenyan DV selectees to get confirmation of their results by KNEC. Concerning the C plain issue, thats the lowest grade a DV winner is supposed to have to qualify. However, some people have been given visas with C minus grade with some bridging and some other qualification e.g 3 years Diploma or degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Godia View Post
Well fellow forumites FY 2014 is here with us and its only a couple of days some guys av already received the 2nl...I just wanna state to fellow winners to please read 2013 Thread from page one to the end so that we avoid making some silly mistakes that might cost us this God given opportunity. True
For Kenyan winners what about other countries, should we assume that us we are safe or we also need to go to our examination bodies and certify our certificates to avoid AP in matters certificates kindly visit KNEC headquarters 2 weeks before interview pay the 2K and let them forward a copy to the embassy. It will save you the pain and agony of having to wait for a period that you aint even sure about, make sure you present genuine certificates coz as at now they dont trust our certs reason being. A few corrupt guys decide to go to river road in Uganda we have Nasser road as an equivalent hahaha to get forged documents......Remeber honesty is the best policy.
Some one please answer my queries in blue text

Well dunno abt Uganda...I guess if u got the reuirements just go for the interview my dear. KNEC is just for kenyans.

I dont think grade matters, guys av forged certs and its now affecting everybody. To be on the safe side just have KNEC forward a copy to the embassy. I saw sumone with a C minus who got issued with a visa but he or she did some bridging for two yrs....and some other course, so guys with that grade should avoid freaking if they believe they have a strong defence. Thats my two cents advice n I stand to be corrected.
Thanx Godia,i am not freaking,i just thought for me it is not a requirement and I only have to defend my c minus with college papers but I will visit KNEC just to be safe.

Well it is not about the grades really...it is all about playing safe...if the counselor thinks it is forged, he will put on AP as they confirm with the relevant authorities. It appears the number of forgeries has been on the increase. To be on the safe side, just have KNEC send a copy to the embassy.
that's a great answer Jonge,I will visit KNEC

Depends on your level of education, experience and field of work. No one can advice you without a full understanding/knowledge of your background
I will inbox you my academic background for your advice. Thanks.

Family 2133,

you will be fine. The Lord who picked you out of the millions that were selected will see you through the interview as well. I replied to your post on the 2013 forum. I hope it is helpful. I am currently in Zambia for 2 months so I am not as active on the forum. I know it is a big cost. Trust in the Lord and it will be fine. To reduce on costs, make sure you travel by road, rent a house for say 2 weeks and after the interview travel back then go back to pick your passports. I know it will strain you

Family 2133,

you will be fine. The Lord who picked you out of the millions that were selected will see you through the interview as well. I replied to your post on the 2013 forum. I hope it is helpful. I am currently in Zambia for 2 months so I am not as active on the forum. I know it is a big cost. Trust in the Lord and it will be fine. To reduce on costs, make sure you travel by road, rent a house for say 2 weeks and after the interview travel back then go back to pick your passports. I know it will strain you
Thanks JONGE, I am trusting the Lord. Is it possible to rent. anyway I will connect with Godia and see what to do. I may go for medicals early like one month before the interviews bcs my kids have had pneumonia several times so I dont know what may come out, thats why I want to go early enough

Well this will greatly depend on your work experience and qualifications. Especially the work experience and in which profession you were working in. If you were a teacher or a doctor for example, hmmm you will have to do some reading before they can allow you to work. If you are a network engineer for example with necessary professional certifications and work experience, then you won't need to go back to school unless if you want to change professions.

Wow, seems am up for a big challenge!!! Thanks for the good advice!

Dear all, Please i need some clarification regarding the high school grads i earned.

I have the following grads:-

English:-B
Amharic:-B
Biology:-B
History:-B
Geography:-B
Mathematics:-D

With this result i went to Addis Ababa University and got my Bachelor of Arts in History.
Shortly after that i went to Nigeria and studied my Masters degree in Political Science.

After all this i have now 3 years of work experience, though it is not considered as a
professional one in U.S standards.

What do you guys think? Coz of my Mathematics D score will i be crucified? or my
higher degrees have already saved me?

Thank you.

Dear all, Please i need some clarification regarding the high school grads i earned.

I have the following grads:-

English:-B
Amharic:-B
Biology:-B
History:-B
Geography:-B
Mathematics:-D

With this result i went to Addis Ababa University and got my Bachelor of Arts in History.
Shortly after that i went to Nigeria and studied my Masters degree in Political Science.

After all this i have now 3 years of work experience, though it is not considered as a
professional one in U.S standards.

What do you guys think? Coz of my Mathematics D score will i be crucified? or my
higher degrees have already saved me?

Thank you.

The Addis Ababa Embassy has some good additional information on its website. The Bachelors and Masters are helpful BUT some embassies have been picky about the high school education and have not even considered the degrees. However, if I understand correctly you have 5 passing grades and that should be enough. Read the statement below though and make sure you are covered.

"You must possess one of the following as evidence of your educational qualifications:
An Ethiopian Leaving Certificate Examination (12th grade) showing at least 5 passing grades, (or)
A 12th grade ESLCE and a Teacher Training certificate, (or)
Proof of graduation from the Ethiopian Military Academy (or
Proof of graduation from a TVET 10+3 program. New TVET certificates documenting levels of achievement are not accepted because they do not meet the minimum requirement of 12 years of basic education. Any educational document presented may be subject to independent verification by U.S. Embassy staff.
You must submit official copies of school transcripts along with the above certificates. These requirements are determined by U.S. immigration law, and are not determined by this Embassy."

By the way - this is the page I refer to:-
http://ethiopia.usembassy.gov/dv_requirements.html

The Addis Ababa Embassy has some good additional information on its website. The Bachelors and Masters are helpful BUT some embassies have been picky about the high school education and have not even considered the degrees. However, if I understand correctly you have 5 passing grades and that should be enough. Read the statement below though and make sure you are covered.

"You must possess one of the following as evidence of your educational qualifications:
An Ethiopian Leaving Certificate Examination (12th grade) showing at least 5 passing grades, (or)
A 12th grade ESLCE and a Teacher Training certificate, (or)
Proof of graduation from the Ethiopian Military Academy (or
Proof of graduation from a TVET 10+3 program. New TVET certificates documenting levels of achievement are not accepted because they do not meet the minimum requirement of 12 years of basic education. Any educational document presented may be subject to independent verification by U.S. Embassy staff.
You must submit official copies of school transcripts along with the above certificates. These requirements are determined by U.S. immigration law, and are not determined by this Embassy."

By the way - this is the page I refer to:-
http://ethiopia.usembassy.gov/dv_requirements.html

britsimon you rock! I should have tried that means first, but this will also be a lesson for anybody with same worries in the head.

Thank you man, i got it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.