• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 Kenyan Selectees Report here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear all, Please i need some clarification regarding the high school grads i earned.

I have the following grads:-

English:-B
Amharic:-B
Biology:-B
History:-B
Geography:-B
Mathematics:-D

With this result i went to Addis Ababa University and got my Bachelor of Arts in History.
Shortly after that i went to Nigeria and studied my Masters degree in Political Science.

After all this i have now 3 years of work experience, though it is not considered as a
professional one in U.S standards.

What do you guys think? Coz of my Mathematics D score will i be crucified? or my
higher degrees have already saved me?

Thank you.

You should be fine. Britsimon has gone ahead to share the link with you. Don't worry however you will need a police clearance from Nigeral

Hi guys!! Hamjambo!! I am glad I have come across this forum....May the Good Lord Bless you all for your helpful contributions!! Congrats to those who have been there and succeeded....For those who are starting the journey may the almighty guide us and give us strength....

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys!! Hamjambo!! I am glad I have come across this forum....May the Good Lord Bless you all for your helpful contributions!! Congrats to those who have been there and succeeded....For those who are starting the journey may the almighty guide us and give us strength....

As Family has said You are so welcomed, which country a u from?

Mushy_Hot said:
hello guys, how are you all??????
Can't say for the rest bah I'm cool... u?

Family said:
Feel
free to post any question ..
How are u Family?

hello everybody, how are you? hope you're doing very well. I miss the forum for days cause I'm very busy.

New 2014 guys register, below is the link to the East African spread sheet for 2014 selectees:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AqZnbgMvNnNHdFFZS2hKS295c1BDR1dpb1RLZ1laWnc#gid=0

I have also added a column for the month and year when any one is expecting the interview according to the previous bulletins, open and fill so that we can be able to track. The names are arranged in such a way that interview months are running from top bottom.
This was suggested by JONGE and I agree with him.

hallo family 2133,can you please tell me what to do?i added my details to the link you pasted above but up till now,my detail has not reflected on the spread sheet.

You should be fine. Britsimon has gone ahead to share the link with you. Don't worry however you will need a police clearance from Nigeral

JONGE thanks. I know i need the police clearance from Nigeria and i have already arranged it, when my i am current i will only have to order the delivery since it has a short period of validity date.

For those who asked how we are, i say am very ok. Wish you all to be ok.

hallo family 2133,can you please tell me what to do?i added my details to the link you pasted above but up till now,my detail has not reflected on the spread sheet.

Your details are on the spreadsheet. Check the second entry and you'll see your name....

hello everybody, how are you? hope you're doing very well. I miss the forum for days cause I'm very busy.
I know Danny, you are in your sun set days as far as this DV is concerned, let me hope that every thing is in place by now, I can see Oct 1st at a short distance now. Where are you having the interview, Russia or Nairobi?

Dear Samolaniyi, your addition was successful, you are in the second row after Danny, what happens is that after you have filled your entry at the bottom, we re - order/ sort the list so that the names are in the order of the date when the interview is expected i.e, the first person on the list is receiving the interview first and the last person on the list is receiving the interview last, this is based on the previous visa bulletins.

I know Danny, you are in your sun set days as far as this DV is concerned, let me hope that every thing is in place by now, I can see Oct 1st at a short distance now. Where are you having the interview, Russia or Nairobi?

Russia. but what happened? i still the one for october?

Hello peeps,

I am new here!!

I would like to ask anyone with information regarding qualifications - KCSE (Low Grade than required) but I have a Diploma in Information Technology and have worked as a Computer Technician for the past 6 years.

Do I have a chance or I think about something else?

How do i update my signature??

Regards,

I have started this new thread for those DV 2014 selectees from Kenya and the region, we still have a long way to go and will borrow heavily from DV 2013 experiences and thread..thanks DV2013 for a great thread.

Hello everyone,

Any Rwandese on this forum that we can share information on types of documents and the time it takes to get them. Though the experience of other east Africans is paramount as most of us have interview in Nairobi.

Hello peeps,

I am new here!!

I would like to ask anyone with information regarding qualifications - KCSE (Low Grade than required)When you say low, how low was your grade in KCSE? but I have a Diploma in Information Technology To qualify with a diploma, you should have attained a mean grade of C minus and your diploma should be from a recognised institution and have worked as a Computer Technician for the past 6 years.

Regards,

Probably you've already seen this but let me just write it again...
To qualify with work experience, you must have 2 yrs of experience in the last five yrs, in an occupation which by U.S Department of Labor definitions, requires atleast two yrs of training or experience that is designated as Job zone 4 or 5, Classified in a Specific Vocational Preparation (SVP) rating of 7.0 or higher.
Some say it's VERY HARD to qualify through work experience.
To help u much better u should disclose your KCSE mean grade.

Anyone out there please respond to D_j query...

Hello everyone,

Any Rwandese on this forum that we can share information on types of documents and the time it takes to get them. Though the experience of other east Africans is paramount as most of us have interview in Nairobi.
We have Aimanda7 look for his posts on this forum, he is a Rwandese.

Probably you've already seen this but let me just write it again...
To qualify with work experience, you must have 2 yrs of experience in the last five yrs, in an occupation which by U.S Department of Labor definitions, requires atleast two yrs of training or experience that is designated as Job zone 4 or 5, Classified in a Specific Vocational Preparation (SVP) rating of 7.0 or higher.
Some say it's VERY HARD to qualify through work experience.
To help u much better u should disclose your KCSE mean grade.

Anyone out there please respond to D_j query...

I agree the work experience is very hard but not impossible to achieve, you just need to be very well prepared and determined. All the best

Hello peeps,

I am new here!!

I would like to ask anyone with information regarding qualifications - KCSE (Low Grade than required) but I have a Diploma in Information Technology and have worked as a Computer Technician for the past 6 years.

Regards,

D_J

I'm not really familiar with the KCSE qualifications, but you seem to be pretty sure that the grades are less than the high school equivalent required. The Diploma in IT may well be considered a vocational diploma and therefore will not count toward the educational requirement. So you may not qualify through the education route and that would mean you MUST qualify through work experience.

In order to qualify for work experience you have to have 2 years experience in a qualifying occupation. Those occupations are those that generally require a Bachelors degree to perform the role. The title Computer Technician sounds like someone who works in the support of PCs perhaps in a help desk type role. That sort of role would probably NOT be considered a qualifying occupation - so you need to be realistic about how your occupation will be rated. If you would like to explain your occupation with some detail here we could probably help you assess whether the role will qualify you or not.

This link shows the occupations similar to computer technician. Some of these roles are not qualifying roles, some are.

http://www.onetonline.org/find/quick?s=Computer+technician

Status
Not open for further replies.