• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 Kenyan Selectees Report here

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello house i want to ask a question, can i be legally employed here in the Us with my social security number alone cos my Green card has not arrived since the day i entered the country.

hi feyi…u just asked a very relevant Qs..hope u good ..and it seems you can't do the DMV without one too!how long does it take to process?

Heey, I know this one is off the topic but will ask anyway...
Any Kenyan here who might have a copy of Call of Duty MW3, MW2, black ops 1/2 aniokolee halafu nitamrudishia nikimaliza kucheza ama tuexchange na GTA 4 or Saint's Row 2. (Original Xbox 360 versions) will appreciate. Txt or Whatsapp 0702616136)

hi feyi…u just asked a very relevant Qs..hope u good ..and it seems you can't do the DMV without one too!how long does it take to process?

You can approach the DMV with your SSN and your passport with the I-551 stamp on it to apply for your DL or ID card. The stamp is valid for one year and can be used in place of the plastic GC.

Congratulations YvesY04 !! We are very happy for u and ur family !!!God Thanks !!

Dear forumates,
Am glad to tell u that today I, my wife and daughter won DV Lottery.
The experience of security checks, waiting, fingerprints, payments is not differents from previous ones.
When we face the CO, the american lady asked like 3 questions:
1. what did u study after high school
2.where do u intend to live in US if I accept u a visa
3. any of u had other mariage(s)before, other children

Then she congratulated us and we were given green form to register with DHL for passport delivery but not outside Kenya.

That is all for now.

hay fellows the thread is pretty cool the waitin is stress guys in this house ,but lets keep the faith folks ,remember GOd loves you be blessd folks,lets not be stressed with this issue God is in control

Todays devotion

Zechariah 4;6

“This is the word of the Lord to Zerubbabel:
‘Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,’
Says the Lord of hosts.

Remember GOD LOVES US LETS KEEP THE FAITH

Amen my brother,hold on guys and with God will all emerge victorious ,God bless.
hay fellows the thread is pretty cool the waitin is stress guys in this house ,but lets keep the faith folks ,remember GOd loves you be blessd folks,lets not be stressed with this issue God is in control

Todays devotion

Zechariah 4;6

Says the Lord of hosts.

Hi forum family,indeed this is a house of winners am happy to say that with Gods help i was granted a visa yesterday and my day went like this,
I arrived at the embassy 6.00 am,gate opened at around 6.15 am,the security checks begun with me giving out my passport and the appointment letter,from there i went to the second security check up again ,here u leave your phones and the CD that u are given at the medicals ,from there i proceeded to the next place whereby its a waiting area ,but before i sat down,i went at the reception and a black lady gave me a ticket number C411 after giving her my appointment letter,this ticket number is the one that i was to use throughout.
I went and sat outside together with another lovely couple from kericho,apparently we had met at the medicals and our interviews were the same day,after 20 min my number was called to counter no 3 where a black lady asked me for my birth cert,kcse cert and police clearance form,then asked me if i have been married before,had any kids,committed any crime before,answered no to all,then she directed me to pay visa fees at the cashier which was ksh 29700 then later took the receipt back to her,after that i went outside to the waiting bay ,20 minutes later my number was called to counter no 8 this time for fingerprints and here met this lovely chinese lady who spoke to me in my mother-tongue the entire period i was taking the fingerprints,then she told me to go outside and now wait for my final call,after like 20 min am approximating time here cause i had no watch,all of a sudden i heard my name to go no counter no 6,i couldn't believe it n with no time i started shaking for no apparent reason,anyway i composed myself and went to counter 6,here i met a white lady
CO:good morning ma'am
Me:morning madam
CO:raise your right hand and swear that u will tell the truth
ME:i swear,
CO:after high school what did u do
ME:i joined college
CO:what did u study
ME:ABC.............
CO:are u married and do u have any kids
ME:no
CO:if i give u this visa,where are you going to America
ME:Dallas,TX
CO:congratulations and welcome to America
ME:thank yooooou ,was too excited until she told me i know now u cant really get what am saying since u happy
she went ahead to explain about the green sheet and the white paper that has details for USCIS,i went outside full of joy,and waited for the couple to also do theirs ,within no time they also came outside with a green sheet of paper and we were very happy and gave all glory to God.
for those guys waiting for the 2nd notification,patient is the key word here,for those going for the medicals and your interviews all the best ,God is going to see u through the process,and for us planning to relocate,this is the most hardest part but i trust in God everything will be okay.
have a lovely day guys.

Congratulations and karibu america...

@Dubai-b please share with us the going for you so far, i see ur a 2012 alumni dv winner. please share with us your experiences so far, the state you are in now etc

Todays devotion

Zechariah 4;6

Says the Lord of hosts.

Thanks so much Akelloh for the word I love this word to bits. Wish Gods guidances and divine favour to those going for inteview coming March and congrats to those whose visas have been granted wish u the best as u plan to relocate pray God we shall meet at the other side of the ocean.

hello guys, if anyone is in touch with previous dv alumni who are members in this forum, kindly try to disturb disturb them to come share with us. That is the only way we shall learn and avoid what needs to be avoided. By getting new information from them already there

anyway congratulations Carlkim and now start mapping out your journey without stress.....so far i have been told life over there is for the brave.
Arnold.

hello guys, if anyone is in touch with previous dv alumni who are members in this forum, kindly try to disturb disturb them to come share with us. That is the only way we shall learn and avoid what needs to be avoided. By getting new information from them already there

Inbox mw whatever info you do so need. HOwever States differ and each has its own laws which differ. One of my buddies had his POE - in Ohio - but the jobs where in a different State Pennsylavia - so that is where he moved.....and trust me he can tell you he works 16 stupid hours ---- and still enjoys it.
Arnold.

Amen to that!! cheers bro

hy folks hop ya all ok congrats to my fellow mates and God bless you more and for the rest of us lets keep the faith and we shall see his rewards and i believe God has a reason for everything ,remember God loves you be blessed folks

Todays devotion

Habakkuk 2:3

For the revelation awaits an appointed time;
it speaks of the end
and will not prove false.
Though it linger, wait for it;
it will certainly come
and will not delay.

Welcome Dubai-b!! Its good to know you are still active in the forums. I learnt alot from the 2012 thread. kindly keep visiting the forum don't be a stranger and your in put will be highly appreciated by the 2014 e-family. Cheers mate.

Congratulations and karibu america...

Congratulations YVESY04!! i wish you and your family all the best of luck in you relocation and as you start your new life.!!!

Dear forumates,
Am glad to tell u that today I, my wife and daughter won DV Lottery.
The experience of securitecks, waiting, fingerprints, payments is not differents from previous ones.
When we face the CO, the american lady asked like 3 questions:
1. what did u study after high school
2.where do u intend to live in US if I accept u a visa
3. any of u had other mariage(s)before, other children

Then she congratulated us and we were given green form to register with DHL for passport delivery but not outside Kenya.

That is all for now.

I have a question what happens if your interview is August/Sep and the CO puts you under Ap then the Fiscal year ends while underAP. Do you ever get issued a visa lets say in october\november after Ap ends?

Last edited by a moderator:
On this singles awareness day I want to say we Love you all. For the couples and e-families, we wish you all happy valentines from the utamaduni's. Have fun guys. cheers!!!

I have a question what happens if your interview is August/Sep and the CO puts you under Ap then the Fiscal year ends while underAP. Do you ever get issued a visa lets say in october\november after Ap ends?
The financial year ends on 30th Sept. So, if you are put on AP and you don't get the visa approval before then, it's game over for you. The cases become voided at the end of the FY.

Status
Not open for further replies.