• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 Kenyan Selectees Report here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear forumates,
Am glad to tell u that today I, my wife and daughter won DV Lottery.
The experience of security checks, waiting, fingerprints, payments is not differents from previous ones.
When we face the CO, the american lady asked like 3 questions:
1. what did u study after high school
2.where do u intend to live in US if I accept u a visa
3. any of u had other mariage(s)before, other children

Then she congratulated us and we were given green form to register with DHL for passport delivery but not outside Kenya.

That is all for now.

Hey guys,I reached the embassy at 5:45 am. The gate opened at 6:15. I went through the security check where I presented my passport and appointment letter. I proceeded to the reception desk where my name was checked on the appointment list, then went to another security room, where all electronics items were picked, then proceeded to another building where I was given a number c406 which I would b addressed with..after 10mins my number was called at counter 5 where I presented my passport,birth certificate,kcse cert,good conduct an 1 copy of each document. I also gave out two passport size photos. Then I paid ksh29700 then was told to wait. After 20 mins was called at counter 8 where my finger prints were taken then was told to wait again. After some time my name was called at counter 6 where I was interviewed by a white lady.
Co:hi,how r u?
Me: I'm fine thank you
Co:swear that everything that you wil say here is true
Me: I swear
Co:what did u do after high school?
Me: I did 2 short courses then joined college
Co:so u still in college?
Me:yes
Co:when r u scheduled. To finish?
Me: December 2014
Co:where are you going to live in the US if I give u the Visa?
Me:brook haven pennyslvenia
Co:I have both good and bad news, you have been granted the Visa but you must travel before you can get your degree
Me: its okay with me,thank you
Co:welcome to America
Me:thank you and good day.

I was then given a green sheet of paper with instructions on how to register with DHL so that I can collect my visa with them after 1week.

To God be the glory.

Congratulations to you both!

Hallo,

My name is Eva, i'm searching for someone who has won the DV Lottery in CAPE VERDE?

Send me a mail if u know some one.

Greeting
Welcome to the forum Evaderoe...you might have to search on this forum for someone from Cape Verde...if you don't find any, usually the experiences of persons from around your region could be helpful.
Please get time to add a signature so members are in position to help you better.

Dear forumates,
The experience of security checks, waiting, fingerprints, payments is not differents from previous ones.

Then she congratulated us and we were given green form to register with DHL for passport delivery but not outside Kenya.

That is all for now.

Congratulations YVESY04 all the best as you prepare to move to the States.

Hey guys,I reached the embassy at 5:45 am. The gate opened at 6:15. I went through the security check where I presented my passport and appointment letter. I proceeded to the reception desk where my name was checked on the appointment list, then went to another security room, where all electronics items were picked, then proceeded to another building where I was given a number c406 which I would b addressed with..after 10mins my number was called at counter 5 where I presented my passport,birth certificate,kcse cert,good conduct an 1 copy of each document. I also gave out two passport size photos. Then I paid ksh29700 then was told to wait. After 20 mins was called at counter 8 where my finger prints were taken then was told to wait again. After some time my name was called at counter 6 where I was interviewed by a white lady.
Co:hi,how r u?
Me: I'm fine thank you
Co:swear that everything that you wil say here is true
Me: I swear
Co:what did u do after high school?
Me: I did 2 short courses then joined college
Co:so u still in college?
Me:yes
Co:when r u scheduled. To finish?
Me: December 2014
Co:where are you going to live in the US if I give u the Visa?
Me:brook haven pennyslvenia
Co:I have both good and bad news, you have been granted the Visa but you must travel before you can get your degree
Me: its okay with me,thank you
Co:welcome to America
Me:thank you and good day.

I was then given a green sheet of paper with instructions on how to register with DHL so that I can collect my visa with them after 1week.

To God be the glory.

Congratulations. :D

Congrats Carlkim... I give the Lord the glory. I wish you a smooth relocation and a safe journey across the Atlantic. All the best as you start a new beginning. cheers!!!!

Visa granted!!!!! Praise be to the Lord. I will update you on the Visa experience later.

Congratulations to Carlkim, Resian and YVESY04 on your success. All the best as you prepare for relocation stateside.

Carlkim and Resian congrats...
Didn't you guys meet at the Embassy?
Both your interviews were yesterday!

In the midst of all the tension and excitement I may have noticed Resian but not quite sure, but am glad we all went through.

Congratulation my friend and welcome back home, I think we will meet before you fly
Dear forumates,

That is all for now.

I need your advice mates

Mates, my prospective host changed the address, this needs to be corrected if I intent to be hosted by him and I think even the CO will get me well. But now I want to change the host of course with different address.
When shall I do that? If I do this on the day of interview, it won't jeopardize my case?

congrats Resian!!!wow best news to begin the feb interviews for us here. kudos!!!now what next, have you started researching through iom best flight deal?
not yet got lots of stuff to clear and also finish my driving school,tickets probably next month.

Mates, my prospective host changed the address, this needs to be corrected if I intent to be hosted by him and I think even the CO will get me well. But now I want to change the host of course with different address.
When shall I do that? If I do this on the day of interview, it won't jeopardize my case?

well aimanda i don't know if i got you clearly but what i know is that if you need to change your address you will do it at the P.O.E
my host changed her address after me sending the original one to kcc,so she advised me not to worry will use the new address once i land at the P.O.E

THx Resian
well aimanda i don't know if i got you clearly but what i know is that if you need to change your address you will do it at the P.O.E
my host changed her address after me sending the original one to kcc,so she advised me not to worry will use the new address once i land at the P.O.E

Aimanda7 your case number must be current right now, its too late to send the change in address or even host to KCC. Just have the address with you when you go for your interview and present it to the CO after interview. No problem should arise!All the best!

hy folks hop ya all ok congrats to my fellow mates and God bless you more and for the rest of us lets keep the faith and we shall see his rewards and i believe God has a reason for everything ,remember God loves you be blessed folks

Todays devotion

Habakkuk 2:3

For the revelation awaits an appointed time;
it speaks of the end
and will not prove false.
Though it linger, wait for it;
it will certainly come
and will not delay.

No need to worry my friend,just to during the interview ,all will be well.

hello house i want to ask a question, can i be legally employed here in the Us with my social security number alone cos my Green card has not arrived since the day i entered the country.

hello house i want to ask a question, can i be legally employed here in the Us with my social security number alone cos my Green card has not arrived since the day i entered the country.

Yes - you don't need the physical Green Card to be authorized for work - the visa in your passport is fine for the first year and you have your SSN, so you are all set.

Status
Not open for further replies.