• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 Kenyan Selectees Report here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advice me dear winners

Hi dear people.now that I saw in the 2013 thread that requirement is a c plain in kcse or c minus and a diploma of 2years,is my c minus and CPA section 2 enough ?

partitas do u hav 2 yrs workin experience?i think that will b of benefit 2 u! that is according 2 my little xperience that i hv! Thanks and GOD bls u

James 1:17
2014AF00073xxx

anybody for captain of team 2014? Jorj,family,jonge gurixx and others any suggestions? Let us all unite brothas and sistaz because am so sure that GOD who began this work in u will carry ituntil it is finishdon the day of christ JESUS philippians 1:6 remember GOD loves u

i have trade certificate in Information Technology and Electronics System Maintenance

Mushy are you the principle applicant? if you are not then the principle applicant must meet the minimum education requirements...someone on the dv2013 thread shared the official document from the embassy...maybe use the search feature to find it...if I find it I will share the link

partitas do u hav 2 yrs workin experience?i think that will b of benefit 2 u! that is according 2 my little xperience that i hv! Thanks and GOD bls u

2014AF00073xxx

The 2 years experience is vital however it has to be in certain profession. On the dv state website you can get all those requirements...again if I get it I will share the link

well to be honest i gave my 10th exam in 1999 and failed, i lost 5 subjects and then i tried in 2003 and i failed too, result was same but then i tried in 2009 and passed and the same year i gave 12th and passed too and then i started trade course in ITI(industrial technical institute) in and passed it too. the gap between fail and pass is big and that is why i am worried
Try the link below, in my opinion, if you have what it takes to get admitted on a diploma in Kenya, then you are good to go
http://www.scribd.com/doc/127772927/KCSE-Diversity-Requirement-in-Kenya
Also read page 139 of DV 2013 kenyan selectees

Last edited by a moderator:

2014AF00073xxx

Nope I only worked for one year in 2009and quit so that I can concentrate on my studies and kids,upto date am still a student,but I won't give up,still got hope.

Hi dear people.now that I saw in the 2013 thread that requirement is a c plain in kcse or c minus and a diploma of 2years,is my c minus and CPA section 2 enough ?
Partitas, this is chance that you can not afford to miss, just go ahead and try your luck without looking at the fact that you are risking your money. We have always ventured into businesses and inject in a lot of money without any guarantee of returns. Look at this as a new business where you need to inject in some capital. The way I see it, these guys at the embassy are flexible, they treat different situations differently.
I read some where on this link http://www.mwakilishi.com/content/b...n-embassy-nairobi-and-green-card-lottery.html
it says that if your qualifications are some how questionable, they tell you to make a decision either to proceed to the next level and risk your money or stop at this level. At this point, you can decide to pay for only the principle applicant so that you reduce on the loss in case of a denial.
However on this link from US website, http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/87838.pdf
section 9 FAM 42.33 N10.2 encourages applicants to process their applications up to conclusion.
May the spirit of the Lord guide you as you make a decision.

Mushy are you the principle applicant? if you are not then the principle applicant must meet the minimum education requirements...someone on the dv2013 thread shared the official document from the embassy...maybe use the search feature to find it...if I find it I will share the link

i have work experience in Tech Support from December 2004 to December 2008 and currently i am working as a Technical Manager in a private firm

B. DIVERSITY IMMIGRANT (DV) CATEGORY FOR THE MONTH OF AUGUST

Section 203(c) of the INA provides up to 55,000 immigrant visas each fiscal year to permit additional immigration opportunities for persons from countries with low admissions during the previous five years. The NACARA stipulates that beginning with DV-99, and for as long as necessary, up to 5,000 of the 55,000 annually-allocated diversity visas will be made available for use under the NACARA program. This resulted in reduction of the DV-2013 annual limit to 50,000. DV visas are divided among six geographic regions. No one country can receive more than seven percent of the available diversity visas in any one year.

For August, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2013 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately

AFRICA 81,200 Except:Nigeria 19,800
ASIA CURRENT
EUROPE CURRENT Except:Uzbekistan 19,000
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 3
OCEANIA 1,600
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN CURRENT
Entitlement to immigrant status in the DV category lasts only through the end of the fiscal (visa) year for which the applicant is selected in the lottery. The year of entitlement for all applicants registered for the DV-2013 program ends as of September 30, 2013. DV visas may not be issued to DV-2013 applicants after that date. Similarly, spouses and children accompanying or following to join DV-2013 principals are only entitled to derivative DV status until September 30, 2013. DV visa availability through the very end of FY-2013 cannot be taken for granted. Numbers could be exhausted prior to September 30.

C. THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN SEPTEMBER

For September, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2013 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

AFRICA CURRENT
ASIA CURRENT
EUROPE CURRENT
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) CURRENT
OCEANIA
CURRENT

D. VISA AVAILABILITY

FAMILY-sponsored:

F2A: This category has become “Current” for August, and is expected to remain so for the next several months. This action has been taken in an effort to generate an increased level of demand. Despite the fact that there are large amounts of registered F2A demand, currently there are not enough applicants who are actively pursuing final action on their case to fully utilize all of the available numbers.

EMPLOYMENT-based:

India Second: This cut-off date has been advanced in an effort to fully utilize the numbers available under the overall Employment Second preference annual limit. It is expected that such movement will generate a significant amount of new India demand during the coming months.

These changes for the Family F2A, and India Employment Second preference categories reflect actions which have been taken based on current applicant demand patterns. Readers should expect that some type of “corrective” action will be required at some point during FY-2014 in an effort to maintain number use within the applicable annual limits. Such action would involve the establishment and retrogression of such cut-off dates, and could occur at any time.

Section 203(c) of the INA provides up to 55,000 immigrant visas each fiscal year to permit additional immigration opportunities for persons from countries with low admissions during the previous five years. The NACARA stipulates that beginning with DV-99, and for as long as necessary, up to 5,000 of the 55,000 annually-allocated diversity visas will be made available for use under the NACARA program. This resulted in reduction of the DV-2013 annual limit to 50,000. DV visas are divided among six geographic regions. No one country can receive more than seven percent of the available diversity visas in any one year.

For August, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2013 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

ASIA CURRENT
OCEANIA 1,600
Entitlement to immigrant status in the DV category lasts only through the end of the fiscal (visa) year for which the applicant is selected in the lottery. The year of entitlement for all applicants registered for the DV-2013 program ends as of September 30, 2013. DV visas may not be issued to DV-2013 applicants after that date. Similarly, spouses and children accompanying or following to join DV-2013 principals are only entitled to derivative DV status until September 30, 2013. DV visa availability through the very end of FY-2013 cannot be taken for granted. Numbers could be exhausted prior to September 30.

C. THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN SEPTEMBER

For September, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2013 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

AFRICA CURRENT
ASIA CURRENT
EUROPE CURRENT
OCEANIA
CURRENT

D. VISA AVAILABILITY

FAMILY-sponsored:

F2A: This category has become “Current” for August, and is expected to remain so for the next several months. This action has been taken in an effort to generate an increased level of demand. Despite the fact that there are large amounts of registered F2A demand, currently there are not enough applicants who are actively pursuing final action on their case to fully utilize all of the available numbers.

EMPLOYMENT-based:

India Second: This cut-off date has been advanced in an effort to fully utilize the numbers available under the overall Employment Second preference annual limit. It is expected that such movement will generate a significant amount of new India demand during the coming months.

These changes for the Family F2A, and India Employment Second preference categories reflect actions which have been taken based on current applicant demand patterns. Readers should expect that some type of “corrective” action will be required at some point during FY-2014 in an effort to maintain number use within the applicable annual limits. Such action would involve the establishment and retrogression of such cut-off dates, and could occur at any time.

ASIA CURRENT
OCEANIA 1,600

AFRICA CURRENT
ASIA CURRENT
EUROPE CURRENT
OCEANIA
CURRENT

D. VISA AVAILABILITY

FAMILY-sponsored:

EMPLOYMENT-based:

now while AFRICA - 81,200 means CN higher then 81,200 is current or CN til 81,200 is current?????

now while AFRICA - 81,200 means CN higher then 81,200 is current or CN til 81,200 is current?????

In August it means upto 81,200 are current.
In Sept it means all are Current regardless of ua CN, aslong as the visas are available.

It was the weekend my friend ...but now I m in the office and we can even chat via facebook or your gmail . thx indeed

Status
Not open for further replies.